Home

NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

This is a discussion on NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #17
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
re: NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

I don't know guys, nothing about this video looked natural to me, maybe it was the replay angles they chose to use for this but overall just didn't look good to me.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

For some reason I think when people hear this they picture a voice from the sky that stops the game and says "TACKLE BATTLE" like SSB or something, in reality I think it will be more like this brief prompt here and one person will see tackle and the other will see break tackle for a split second, while the "battle" takes place under the hood mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #19
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
For some reason I think when people hear this they picture a voice from the sky that stops the game and says "TACKLE BATTLE" like SSB or something, in reality I think it will be more like this brief prompt here and one person will see tackle and the other will see break tackle for a split second, while the "battle" takes place under the hood mostly.
Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, that screengrab is exactly what I'm thinking.

I just don't want any prompts on my screen, I want to know the mechanic it takes to push through a tackle and execute, every time. I actually WANT my button mashing 'skills' to be the determining variable(besides rating). As the guys intimated earlier, I just want the 'simulation' of a leg drive, I don't think there's any better way to make that come to life than a good ol fashioned button mashing hodown. There were so many times in the old days where I'd break that tackle by mashing the buttons and give that power scream when I broke free! Lol, that ish was awesome. I did it for YEARS after on football games, just in case it had some effect on positive yardage, knowing that it didn't.

I would suggest something to the effect of continually tapping the right-stick up, but as bcruise alluded to earlier, I think that'd cause too much wear and tear on the stick itself.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #20
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I think they want this to be as uninvasive as possible, and button mashing, ironically, would probably take too long.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #21
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I think they want this to be as uninvasive as possible, and button mashing, ironically, would probably take too long.
Again, I'm not with the pitchfork, awww madden is gonna suck crowd on this one.

Rex and the team have me more pumped about this Madden than I have been in years(Bought 16 for the first time since 06-07 ish, and I LOVED it), they have the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned, so I'm reserving judgement, and just stating how I would like it to be handled optimally.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Man, I'm confused. I thought that juke in the backfield was just making the defender miss and the end of the run was where the tackle battle occurred; they just didn't show the prompt for it.

If that's the tackle battle, then it's really not what I thought it was going to be.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #23
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

The funny this is, im pretty sure ive seen that same "tackle battle" animation play out in madden 16 already....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #24
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Man, I'm confused. I thought that juke in the backfield was just making the defender miss and the end of the run was where the tackle battle occurred; they just didn't show the prompt for it.

If that's the tackle battle, then it's really not what I thought it was going to be.
The only tackle battle in this video is the last interaction between Gurley and #92.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »