Home

NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

This is a discussion on NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #41
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
re: NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't know, reminds me a lot of fight for the fumble and people absolutely hated that.

It was quickly removed because it was much more than "much ado about nothing."
Yes, I think that this feature will go the way of the Dodo for Madden 18. It's a small little thing that they tried, and I feel confident in saying that most Madden players aren't going warm up to it. Some things just don't catch on with your customer base, luckily it's not a major gameplay mechanic.

There will be a small percentage of fringe Madden players who will complain like crazy all year, but most will just bear with it, and await it's removal for next year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #42
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I understand everyone has an opinion but the "I don't want to see an icon pop up because it should be under the hood and that's not sim" thing doesn't make sense to me when nobody complains about wide receivers have buttons above their heads on passing plays and there's a kick meter that nobody is offended by. At the end of the day it's a video game and that requires us to press buttons to make stuff happen so it really isn't that absurd to tell us what button to press in a certain situation.

You really haven't heard people complain about those things? Some turn it all off. I hate the kick arc and all the icon pop ups. I turn it off. If I can't turn the tackle battle icon off that makes it different. So if you don't like the look of it then your stuck.

And you can't use the "it's just a video game" reason for everything. Clearly they want the game to look lifelike.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #43
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, I think that this feature will go the way of the Dodo for Madden 18. It's a small little thing that they tried, and I feel confident in saying that most Madden players aren't going warm up to it. Some things just don't catch on with your customer base, luckily it's not a major gameplay mechanic.

There will be a small percentage of fringe Madden players who will complain like crazy all year, but most will just bear with it, and await it's removal for next year.
I don't care if they keep or remove it just give the option to turn it off......and do the same thing with the vision cone lol
Old 06-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #44
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I understand everyone has an opinion but the "I don't want to see an icon pop up because it should be under the hood and that's not sim" thing doesn't make sense to me when nobody complains about wide receivers have buttons above their heads on passing plays and there's a kick meter that nobody is offended by. At the end of the day it's a video game and that requires us to press buttons to make stuff happen so it really isn't that absurd to tell us what button to press in a certain situation.

My bad. I misread this. Yes the kick meeter and pass icons can't be turned off. I thought you meant kick arc and catching icons
Old 06-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #45
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't care if they keep or remove it just give the option to turn it off......and do the same thing with the vision cone lol
Vision cone is never coming back, sorry. With Tackle Battles, the option to turn if off makes the mechanic basically worthless, because the button that appears isn't the same all the time, and because even if you pick the right button your timing will be off because most of the time you won't know when you should push it. So with it off it's basically a loss for the User every time. Some might be okay with that just to have the icon gone, but that kind of automatic fail for the User is a bad mechanic.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Vision cone is never coming back, sorry. With Tackle Battles, the option to turn if off makes the mechanic basically worthless, because the button that appears isn't the same all the time, and because even if you pick the right button your timing will be off because most of the time you won't know when you should push it. So with it off it's basically a loss for the User every time. Some might be okay with that just to have the icon gone, but that kind of automatic fail for the User is a bad mechanic.

And this is my major problem with even having a forced break tackle mechanic. If you don't control your RB, it's an auto-fail, which I consider to be a BAD MECHANIC. I would like the entire thing to have the option to toggle on and off. Toggle off so that the break tackle is purely ratings driven (with some randomness) or Toggle on for the button push.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #47
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Put that's my prerogative. So I won't know when to push the button and I'll have 25% chance of pushing the correct button id be ok with that more than being able to win the tackle battle 70%!of the time.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #48
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't know, reminds me a lot of fight for the fumble and people absolutely hated that.

It was quickly removed because it was much more than "much ado about nothing."
#nailedit

This looks about as "sim" as that mess was and will probably last just as long...

I can choose to ignore the prompt and let the ratings drive the animation / result, I just don't like being stuck with having them clutter up the visuals...

Also, like the pass rushing move prompts...having the visual "OFF" makes the HUM player have to judge the timing and choose the right move, etc...

So, if someone wanted to incorporate this feature, there'd be some USER skill / risk v. reward outcomes...

Like last year's catch mechanic, being told exactly when and how to implement this stuff takes too much of the human "Player" out of the game...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »