Home

NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

This is a discussion on NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Tackle Battles video not just gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Fight for the fumble actually was repeatedly tapping a button as fast as possible. This is different IMO. Just one button press.

I'm not a fan of the idea but, I'll wait to try it before I knock it.

Definitely, I won't knock it until I try it either, like you I just don't like the premise.

And if I recall fight for the fumble could be optioned off which was nice.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
re: NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

I've heard some people say they like the running animations and felt like everything looked smoother than 16, what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is all speculation and no point in going back and forth on this, we'll know what's really going on, good or bad, once we see gameplay in a little over a week.

Do we know for sure that we will be getting actual gameplay and not just some small clips from EA Play & E3? I'm just asking because if they don't release the presentation blog before then I wouldn't think they would want footage out there of the presentation elements before the blog releases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #36
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Thanks. I wish they would have shown it live so we can see what it really looks like in action.
Me too, just so I no longer have to answer questions about it lol
Old 06-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks like the pulling G assignment is the RILB, just gets caught up in the traffic...looks similar to what you'd see in 16, and frankly, kinda gross (imo).
Old 06-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Do we know for sure that we will be getting actual gameplay and not just some small clips from EA Play & E3? I'm just asking because if they don't release the presentation blog before then I wouldn't think they would want footage out there of the presentation elements before the blog releases.

Rex said they will be doing livestreams, Sim and Shop are going to do some periscopes and probably YouTube capturing too.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I understand everyone has an opinion but the "I don't want to see an icon pop up because it should be under the hood and that's not sim" thing doesn't make sense to me when nobody complains about wide receivers have buttons above their heads on passing plays and there's a kick meter that nobody is offended by. At the end of the day it's a video game and that requires us to press buttons to make stuff happen so it really isn't that absurd to tell us what button to press in a certain situation.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #40
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I understand everyone has an opinion but the "I don't want to see an icon pop up because it should be under the hood and that's not sim" thing doesn't make sense to me when nobody complains about wide receivers have buttons above their heads on passing plays and there's a kick meter that nobody is offended by. At the end of the day it's a video game and that requires us to press buttons to make stuff happen so it really isn't that absurd to tell us what button to press in a certain situation.
You could turn those wr buttons off, you can't turn this tackle button off, soooo there's that. Also obviously we have to press buttons it's a video game but I disagree about needing to be told what button to press. I've played madden for 20 years now, I know what buttons to press and I like have.ing options to decide what ones I want to press. I'm fine with prompts to help new players or players who want to get better just give me the option to turn them off.

Last edited by SolidSquid; 06-03-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »