Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #345
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

John and Rex are already saying it will be released next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #346
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Could be. Maybe.

The way I see it going is that the blog will just be stuff that we already know about. I bet they'll talk about coach adjustments, different play styles, off-ball injuries, the draft board, updated commentary, and tuning, claiming that the changes to gameplay will impact Franchise Mode heavily.

I wouldn't get hopes up to high for any surprises, but it's not out of the question.

I agree with this. I think it will look like a typical blog by there's going to be a lot of deflecting to "other stuff" rather than CFM features because there isn't much. The fact that Shop and likely all GC's haven't even seen CFM yet leads me to believe that nothing substantial has been added. CFM blogs haven't been notoriously in-depth either and usually read more like several short blurbs.

This is all really perfect timing though. CFM talk had kind of died down but now it's another shot taken at them and more noise being made showing them that there's an issue. Not only that but coming from a direct competitor in such an aggressive manner. So now you've got the community and other games in your genre calling you out which should be a good combination for change. Just have to keep the noise consistent and the voice loud.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #347
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I agree with this. I think it will look like a typical blog by there's going to be a lot of deflecting to "other stuff" rather than CFM features because there isn't much. The fact that Shop and likely all GC's haven't even seen CFM yet leads me to believe that nothing substantial has been added. CFM blogs haven't been notoriously in-depth either and usually read more like several short blurbs.

This is all really perfect timing though. CFM talk had kind of died down but now it's another shot taken at them and more noise being made showing them that there's an issue. Not only that but coming from a direct competitor in such an aggressive manner. So now you've got the community and other games in your genre calling you out which should be a good combination for change. Just have to keep the noise consistent and the voice loud.
Yeah, I mean at this point, if this isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back for Franchise Mode in Madden, I don't know what would. If this isn't the fuel that the devs can take to the execs and say "This is what the perception is, and it's not just a vocal minority, either," then I'm not sure what will do it.

I will say this, though... we could get word that the UI has been redesigned. New engine, new tools to make UI with, something that's not an "out front" upgrade. If this were to be the case, I'd be quite happy.

Again, I don't expect it, but it's possible.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #348
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope white doesn't mistakingly write a blog about all the great things he put in NBA live, instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #349
Banned

Brightline's Arena

The more I think about it the more its really unbelievable. Madden invented Franchise mode. NBA 2k which killed off NBA Live for a while is now trolling EA because Madden's franchise mode [is lacking] while Madden's resources are being diverted into an NBA Live reboot that realistically is years away from possibly even touching NBA 2K.

This is really next level trolling.

I would really love to know how this blog is being received inside EA today. If we are right, maybe some of the developers can use this as fuel a change.

Last edited by Brightline; 07-27-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #350
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Alright, let's see if this has any tread to it, it's just a wild guess on my end.

Alright, why all the secrecy this year with game play footage? New marketing strategy? Maybe.

The developers were very quick to answer no significant improvements to CFM this year because of Longshot and NBA Live.

Didn't Rex mention there were a few surprises coming?

John White is currently writing his blog and it will be out next week. Does it take that long to write a blog with not much in it?

Just throwing some hope up against the wall and see if it lands anywhere.

I don't know if this has any miles on it or not, but I could be just spinning the wheels too.

#onecanhope
Sorry man, this is beyond wishful thinking. Maybe this gets us some patched in feature as a token. But for anything significant we can only realistically hope for 19.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #351
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Offline, 2k did a whale of a job, but there are already the online franchise crowd that aren't very happy that the same upgrades are not coming to online franchise.

I think you are onto something Brightline, I think that shot was also for big brother helping little brother out, which, in effect, is competing with 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #352
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Offline, 2k did a whale of a job, but there are already the online franchise crowd that aren't very happy that the same upgrades are not coming to online franchise.
This part is very true and and dissatisfied as we are with CFM as the offline single player mode, it is an amazing online multiplayer mode.

Last edited by Brightline; 07-27-2017 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »