Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #353
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Offline, 2k did a whale of a job, but there are already the online franchise crowd that aren't very happy that the same upgrades are not coming to online franchise.

That's part of what makes it all the more relevant. Right now each game does one thing great. 2K has ridiculous depth while madden has an online franchise identical to its offline counterpart. Madden is winning half the battle but has simply refused to take the steps needed to win the other half. And realistically Madden isn't really that far out from closing the overall gap. If they spent the next two years specifically adding a ton of the smaller, easier things authentic to the NFL, that gap would close fast and they could start taking those kind of jabs about how they have an in-depth franchise and how surprising it is that other sports games don't take online franchises seriously. It doesn't need to be complicated at all. Just keep it simple, add as many basics as you possibly can and let the little things pile up and work together to better the mode moving forward. Then when you're happy with the base, start going big on the ancillary features.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #354
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Also have to consider that having Online connected with Offline is holding back potential features for Offline, because with every feature that they consider, they have to see how it works for Online leagues, as well.

Online players have different needs than Offline players. I would propose to separate the two, give Online an expansive website or app they can immerse themselves in, and start blowing out Offline features.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #355
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol 2k out here sneak dissin

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #356
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Sorry man, this is beyond wishful thinking. Maybe this gets us some patched in feature as a token. But for anything significant we can only realistically hope for 19.
I put some what if's and a hashtag at the end.

At the very least, something patched in down the road with continuous development would be a nice gesture.

EA doesn't even need to fire shots back, just beef up CFM over the next few years and take the high road.

Last edited by roadman; 07-27-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #357
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
Beautiful, the more noise the better. EA taking it on the chin. I think saying they thought the mode was "very good" and 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' with resources struck some nerves. The noise is building. We have 'competitive' mode Madden players making noise by mocking the mode on Twitter for us and now other sport game developers are taking shots and mocking EA.

There's a big difference when people 'get it'. The guy from Visual Concepts gets it. And most important, he's got the Execs on his side. It's pretty when agendas and product direction are in sync at all levels. That's when creative magic happens. His quote needs to spread like wildfire. Perfectly said.
This is my conspiracy theory. I actually think that Erick Boenisch was trying to do Rex and John White and all the other development team members a solid. If you've been following Madden this year at all, then you know that the decision to shortchange CFM was made at the executive level above Rex and John.

Us complaining on Twitter is one thing, but when you add a not so subtle shot from a genre competitor at the end of a blog that has exponentially more new franchise specific content than your game, then the suits have to take notice.

He says this at the beginning, which could be seen as shot at John and them:
Quote:
In a space where other developers continually shy away, the team here at Visual Concepts has once again delivered a robust and thoughtful list of franchise features that will keep you coming back for more.
This however at the end is the much more interesting statement:

Quote:
Our management here provides us full support and believes strongly in our ability to provide innovative experiences that, as I said above, are built to delight and entertain.
That statement about management is a total shiv to the ribs of the Madden executives who gave the finger to CFM this year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:39 PM   #358
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0

I take 2k message and aim it at ALL sports games in my opinion including mlb the show who is also lacking with their mode. But I do feel it is mainly at EA since that is the main competition. I really hope EA at least next year study, test, and use Duece idea for cfm. Hell I think the show team can use it to. I think if they use Duece ideas it should be an interesting for all franchise mode next year

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:49 PM   #359
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is my conspiracy theory. I actually think that Erick Boenisch was trying to do Rex and John White and all the other development team members a solid.

100% agree. I'm sure they know they're killing it in the franchise realm, they didn't need to make a peep. But they're basically inviting NBA Live and Madden to bring it which is absolutely fabulous to see from a direct competitor. I don't know how much they keep abreast of things but I wouldn't be surprised if it also stems from last year and Madden constantly talking about all the resources they spent on CFM and making a big deal of it. Hell, they put franchise on the cover last year. Either way this is great though and hopefully starts to really force EA's hand when it comes to providing an engaging, authentic, deep franchise mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Also have to consider that having Online connected with Offline is holding back potential features for Offline, because with every feature that they consider, they have to see how it works for Online leagues, as well.

Online players have different needs than Offline players. I would propose to separate the two, give Online an expansive website or app they can immerse themselves in, and start blowing out Offline features.

I think it goes both ways though. I think in some ways making things exclusively offline is harder because every single thing you add has to have logic behind it and be used competently by the AI or it becomes a huge mess. That's part of what makes CFM frustrating. The trade logic, free agency logic, and overall AI logic is basically catered to the online franchise (i.e. none) which completely destroys the offline experience. But I definitely agree though, priorities are drastically different between the two. If I was EA I'd make options for everything and try to make as much as possible available through the app so that each online league could cater the amount of micromanaging to their liking and offline users weren't held back because of it.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #360
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
100% agree. I'm sure they know they're killing it in the franchise realm, they didn't need to make a peep. But they're basically inviting NBA Live and Madden to bring it which is absolutely fabulous to see from a direct competitor. I don't know how much they keep abreast of things but I wouldn't be surprised if it also stems from last year and Madden constantly talking about all the resources they spent on CFM and making a big deal of it. Hell, they put franchise on the cover last year. Either way this is great though and hopefully starts to really force EA's hand when it comes to providing an engaging, authentic, deep franchise mode.

I think it goes both ways though. I think in some ways making things exclusively offline is harder because every single thing you add has to have logic behind it and be used competently by the AI or it becomes a huge mess. That's part of what makes CFM frustrating. The trade logic, free agency logic, and overall AI logic is basically catered to the online franchise (i.e. none) which completely destroys the offline experience. But I definitely agree though, priorities are drastically different between the two. If I was EA I'd make options for everything and try to make as much as possible available through the app so that each online league could cater the amount of micromanaging to their liking and offline users weren't held back because of it.
We can't forget that these devs are also consumers. He might buy Madden, MLB, and NHL every year and be disappointed like we are. Maybe he WANTS to buy these games every year, but isn't impressed with the work put in. I really don't think this was a shot so much as it sounds like this dude is frustrated like we are.

And really, I just need a commissioner mode so that I can control all aspects and customize my league, and online can have all they want lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »