Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 01:01 AM   #361
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Also for anyone that is interested, here's a look at what I've got so far for the box score/season tracking template.

Madden 18 Template

It's only viewable for right now but a couple things:

With the player stats I'm not sure about how many players to allocate to each area. For example, I only have two slots for QB's but it's possible for more than two QB's to play, etc. So basically it just comes down to wasting space or making it tougher to use. I'll likely add more than enough slots because it's way easier for someone who isn't sure what to do to delete rows than add them.

No matter what it's a lot of inputting data. I've made it so that all the totals and average columns work themselves out so there isn't a need to input any of that which makes things slightly easier. Same with the standings, win percentages will calculate themselves and that includes if ties are involved.

I don't know if there's any more awards or anything that people would like to keep track of so I just had the basic ones that I usually kept track of but I can add more.

If you can't see the banners don't worry, sometimes they won't load for whatever reason and if you're looking at it on the sheets mobile app, they won't ever show up which sucks. But they're very simple to use and replace, just copy from the team template tab at the bottom and paste in the cell you want it to be in. However changing font sizes can resize the cells and potentially distort the image because it's set up to fit the cell.

Let me know what you guys think or want to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #362
MVP

OVR: 0

I feel like an EA Dev that stumbled onto this was like "Dude that's too much work. No way." then left to copy and past 17's CFM into 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 04:49 AM   #363
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
100% agree. I'm sure they know they're killing it in the franchise realm, they didn't need to make a peep. But they're basically inviting NBA Live and Madden to bring it which is absolutely fabulous to see from a direct competitor. I don't know how much they keep abreast of things but I wouldn't be surprised if it also stems from last year and Madden constantly talking about all the resources they spent on CFM and making a big deal of it. Hell, they put franchise on the cover last year. Either way this is great though and hopefully starts to really force EA's hand when it comes to providing an engaging, authentic, deep franchise mode.
I think tying NBA Live franchise mode to Madden CFM has inadvertently further created a "sort of" competitor to Madden CFM which up to this point has been a tumbleweed ridden wasteland due to the single license monopoly. So now we're not just comparing 2k to Live, as Live will have the same functionality as Madden CFM it's now a package of 2k to Live/Madden. Healthy competition in my eyes and I'm considering dropping Madden this year (if it wasn't for my lovely league) in favour of 2k... I've already dropped my NFL game pass subscription as I just don't have the time and energy for paying for that and barely watching it again.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:49 AM   #364
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I think tying NBA Live franchise mode to Madden CFM has inadvertently further created a "sort of" competitor to Madden CFM which up to this point has been a tumbleweed ridden wasteland due to the single license monopoly. So now we're not just comparing 2k to Live, as Live will have the same functionality as Madden CFM it's now a package of 2k to Live/Madden. Healthy competition in my eyes and I'm considering dropping Madden this year (if it wasn't for my lovely league) in favour of 2k... I've already dropped my NFL game pass subscription as I just don't have the time and energy for paying for that and barely watching it again.
I agree and I was going to mention that earlier that I think it's actually a "good" thing that they're going the CFM route with NBA Live because now it will directly stack up their connected vision versus against another franchise mode. I don't know how you follow that up if you're NBA Live though and it'd be comical if they ended up cancelling or delaying their release again in the coming weeks. Next month or so is going to be very interesting.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #365
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I agree and I was going to mention that earlier that I think it's actually a "good" thing that they're going the CFM route with NBA Live because now it will directly stack up their connected vision versus against another franchise mode. I don't know how you follow that up if you're NBA Live though and it'd be comical if they ended up cancelling or delaying their release again in the coming weeks. Next month or so is going to be very interesting.
I've been following the NBA Live forum and there is a person, WTF, who I think is a GCer for Live or works closely with them and he said Live is proceeding as is, they just have a similar type of marketing strategy as Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #366
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've been following the NBA Live forum and there is a person, WTF, who I think is a GCer for Live or works closely with them and he said Live is proceeding as is, they just have a similar type of marketing strategy as Madden.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see it cancelled but with NBA Live anything is possible. I think 17 was on track and was supposed to come out as well before getting delayed and then ultimately cancelled. If they come out with some weak franchise info and then the demo doesn't make a big impression it could very well be DOA but it's hard to say with so little known so far.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #367
Just started!

Is the new presentation options in Regular Exhibition Matches too? (Play Now Matches)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-01-2017, 04:25 AM   #368
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyFlames
Is the new presentation options in Regular Exhibition Matches too? (Play Now Matches)

Nope. All the pictures in the OP are mock ups, none of it is actually in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »