Home

Madden 17 Franchise Plans

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Plans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #81
Rookie

iMaverickHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Miller has retired
Thank you for pointing that out. Must have missed the mark on that one

Looks like Green will likely be the starting TE for me day one then with a few younger TE's on the roster providing competition for the backup position. I rely on the TE position a lot with my playing style in Madden so it's important to have someone who is very productive. If Green doesn't cut it and none of the younger TE's show enough promise then this will be one of my first positions to address in the 2017 Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #82
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

I plan to move a struggling team to Memphis(Yes, I know, Memphis) and go from there. But I don't like the stupid name/unis you get to choose from, so I won't change the team name.

Last year I used the Rams (became the Memphis Rams). This year I'm leaning toward the Chargers.

I'll basically sim thru the first season and start with the first draft.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #83
Rookie

ginix's Arena

Well the ratings have definitely reinforced that I'm going to be developing my boy Ty Williams. 91 speed and 93 acceleration for a 6'3" guy is going to be the perfect Malcom Floyd replacement.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #84
Rookie

I'm a Vikings fan, but I have a pretty crazy way of playing my franchise. I take control of two teams, the afore mentioned Vikings and the Bills. Before starting the franchise I edit rosters by trading all of the best Vikings players to the Bills and I send the lower rated Vikings, and the Bills players that get displaced, to some of my other favorite teams. Then, I populate the Vikings roster with 53 created players (balanced, I don't cheat by making them all pro-bowlers.) Once I start my franchise I relocate the Bills to London. (Seriously people, Buffalo only has about 250,000 people, it's not deserving of an NFL franchise.) Even though I control London's roster forever after in my franchise I don't actually play their games, just the Vikings. I usually get about 5 or 6 seasons in before I move on to another game, usually NBA 2K.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #85
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

With 2k this year i did a full 30 team control myleague, i started with a spreadsheet where i inputted the info that's found in the intel screen...team status [rebuilding, contending, buying],expiring contracts,untouchables etc. I also made a depth chart for each team while determining needs and wants. I would then edit the trade block and target list for each team and then let the CPU take over in trade offers and free agency offers [watching OKC, Lakers, Heat, Clippers and Boston be the only teams fighting for Westbrook was fun to watch]. I did fully control one team.

So basically that... 32 team control, mini spreadsheet based on team status/success, expiring contracts, depth charts that will help me create realistic outcomes to how aggressive teams should be while in each stage and fully controlling America's Team [of the 90's].
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #86
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

After looking over the ratings, I'm finding myself drawn to the Chargers.

On offense, there will be the obvious challenge of finding a replacement for Rivers as well as trying to build up that o-line. Hunter Henry definitely looks like he could be the long-term successor for Gates, and him combined with Keenan Allen will be a good receiving duo for the foreseeable future. The RB situation needs to be sorted out with Gordon and Oliver, to see if either(or both) will be the guy for the future.

The defense is very interesting. Good young corner-duo in Verrett and Hayward. Ingram, Attaochu, Liuget and Bosa are some other good young players with upside on the defense. With Weddle gone, there is a big hole at safety that needs to be addressed. I also view upgrading the MLB position and d-line as priorities. As with almost all of my franchises, my top goal is to build a strong defense.

Plenty of holes on the team, but also some very interesting pieces on both sides of the ball.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #87
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Either planning to go 16-0 with the Chargers or go 16-0 with the Jaguars. Might also go 16-0 wit the Bears. Maybe 16-0 with the Titans, but I always want to turn them into the Oilers. 16-0 the Eagles maybe since they have a new playbook. Maybe finally 16-0 the Dolphins now that they have a new playbook. I just don't like Kelly/Lazor offensive playbooks for whatever reason.
This all sounds like an old Saturday Night Live skit...
Old 08-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #88
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Since I always wait to start my main CFM until the week 1 rosters are out I'm planning on using the Bears and Falcons. Going to start the Falcons CFM on day 1 and am going to start the Bears CFM when the week 1 rosters come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »