Home

Madden 17 Franchise Plans

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Plans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #65
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I landed the Texans in one of my online CFM's, I picked 12th in team selection and was choosing between Texans and Rams. Rams not having their 1st made it an easy choice. Texans have an amazing pass rush, assuming Clowney is still a beast, and Mercilus got a nice ratings bump.

Anyway, I plan on building a stout secondary, fixing the OL, and eventually replacing Osweiler with a QB that can run. My goal is to land Mack from the Raiders, Shazier from Pit, Hundley and Randall from the Packers, and draft CB's and OL (If I have any picks left lol).

Everyone knows about the Texans defense, but their offense is very underrated, Hopkins, Fuller, Miller make for a very formidable offense. And they have a capable QB now, all though he doesn't fit my style, I'll make due till I get a replacement.

I actually took them as well in my Online League the season. I could have had my Dolphins.....gave them up. I am really looking forward to having a great time with this team as well.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #66
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I actually took them as well in my Online League the season. I could have had my Dolphins.....gave them up. I am really looking forward to having a great time with this team as well.
I forgot to mention Braxton Miller. I wonder if my commish will let me move him back to QB.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-30-2016, 03:50 AM   #67
Rookie

Nerox23's Arena

Seahawks of course and try to beat my own madden 16 recorded of 17 int with Sherman in one season. And another one with my hometown Houston Texans.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #68
Rookie

Anyone know if formation subs made it into the game like they use to have in old maddens? Where in my franchise menu I could set an an example Running back A to my heavy sets, RB B to shotgun sets, and leave RB C as the starter and he takes the rest of formations?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #69
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I landed the Texans in one of my online CFM's, I picked 12th in team selection and was choosing between Texans and Rams. Rams not having their 1st made it an easy choice. Texans have an amazing pass rush, assuming Clowney is still a beast, and Mercilus got a nice ratings bump.

Anyway, I plan on building a stout secondary, fixing the OL, and eventually replacing Osweiler with a QB that can run. My goal is to land Mack from the Raiders, Shazier from Pit, Hundley and Randall from the Packers, and draft CB's and OL (If I have any picks left lol).

Everyone knows about the Texans defense, but their offense is very underrated, Hopkins, Fuller, Miller make for a very formidable offense. And they have a capable QB now, all though he doesn't fit my style, I'll make due till I get a replacement.
Good luck trading for Mack.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #70
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

I'm picking 3rd/4th in one of the online franchises I'm in. Really unsure who to pick though.

I'm a saints fan so they are an obvious choice but i was them last season and they are a slightly rough rebuild as they are in win now mode but don't have the team to really do it.

I really like the cardinals as they have one of the best defenses in the league IMO and their only real hole is at TE on offense. I'm just worried about being in a division with the Rams and Seahawks.

My other choices would be the Raiders or Jags, a young team with quality pieces in place. They just need a couple more players to help towards that playoff push.

I would say in my league I'm a mid tier guy who can beat anyone on my day but I'm usually aiming for 8-10 wins. Who would you recommend if you had the choice
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112
Old 07-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #71
Pro

If anyone is using Raiders in CFM I'd be interested in talking roster strategy. Let me know!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2016, 10:39 PM   #72
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

My plans are simply to have fun and build the team as if I were truly the Head Coach/GM. Here are some aspects that I will look to improve/develop with any team I choose:

1- Team Speed: I want all of my skill offensive players to have the ability to break away on any given play. My TE will need speed to create matchup problems for my opponents.

2- Draft Choices: I will look to build through the draft and acquire picks whenever possible. I would only be interested in trading away picks if I felt like there was an impact player in the draft that could start day 1. I would also entertain trading away picks for depth, but never for starting level quality players. Usually these trades require too many picks.

3- Develop QBs: If I take a team with a well established veteran QB, that is great, but drafting QBs and developing them will happen on almost any franchise. Example: The Cardinals have Carson Palmer who would be able to start for up to 3 seasons in franchise mode. Drafting a legit QB in Rds 1-3 in the first draft would be essential to future success.

4- Turnovers: I HATE turning the football over. I will look for a franchise that I think can help me limit/create them as much as possible.

5- Immersion: I need to pick a team that I can fully immerse me into the virtual world of the NFL. I don't want to pick a team just for the sake that they are potentially good. I want to pick a team that I know I would enjoy winning and losing with. Having players on the current roster that I actually like will matter as well.

6- Division: The division that my team will play in matters to me. Some divisions have GREAT and historic rivalries. Example: Bears and Packers. This is a matchup that will excite me and want me to play the game more. Playing as the Panthers might be cool, but have they really established historic rivalries with their divisional opponents? To be honest, Panthers @ Falcons doesn't do it for me.

7- Weather: I like some teams that play in domes and I could end up picking a done team, but it would be cool to play in the snow, rain, etc.

I don't know what my position to draft my team is, but when I know, I will be making a well informed decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »