Home

Madden 17 Franchise Plans

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Plans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:42 AM   #97
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

After looking at the ratings, I think I'm going to roll with the Browns and try and turn things around for them.

The problem is, I don't particularly like the Browns as a franchise :\

Does anyone recommend another team that needs a drastic, drastic overhaul??

Because of the new Play The Moments feature (which I like the sound of), I might do a PTM Packers franchise along with the deep franchise I'm going.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:50 AM   #98
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Chargers: look for a QB of the future and some more weapons and more defense.

Jacksonville: Young team that I don't get to watch all that often. See what I can do with them.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #99
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
After looking at the ratings, I think I'm going to roll with the Browns and try and turn things around for them.

The problem is, I don't particularly like the Browns as a franchise :\

Does anyone recommend another team that needs a drastic, drastic overhaul??

Because of the new Play The Moments feature (which I like the sound of), I might do a PTM Packers franchise along with the deep franchise I'm going.
The 49ers are probably the next best bet as far as needing a "drastic, drastic overhaul."
Old 08-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haha. Sorry Wolf1113, that came across more mean-spirited than I intended. Buffalo is a fine city, I just wanted a team in London. The only real reason I went the Bills is because I'm not a fan of the team name. I would've gone with the Redskins, because I'm one of those (some would say annoying) people that thinks that name is as offensive as hell, but I wanted an AFC team.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #101
Rookie

No problem, just passionate and protective of my pro teams...love the city but its gone to sh#$ sadly, although a reemergence is slowly building, specifically because of terry pegula and our sports community. It would have been completely devastating had the team been bought and moved when Ralph Wilson died...anyways, go Bills, go Vikings....one of my secondary teams I cheer for as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #102
Rookie

I usually do a few Franchises. The first is with a bunch of friends. We always get together Sundays to watch all the games. So the 6 of us all pick a team, make ourselves, and then do a fantasy draft. Then we play a game a week along with the real NFL during after the 4PM games end. We get to compare stats, awards and records, etc at the end. Even end up simming a season ahead to see what happens. Just an all around fun time. Simmed through about 15 years last time and Blake Bortles and the Giants won 8 of 9 Super Bowls. IDK how that happened.

I also have my own franchise but this year I am torn. I only follow players in the NFL (probably a byproduct of years of Fantasy Football) so I don't have a team I call my own. I usually fantasy draft my Franchise but towards the end I miss the continuity of knowing "Brady and the Patriots" and "AP and the Vikes" stuff like that. You lose some of the bead that you have on the league because you never really learn where everyone else went. So I think this year, gonna sim year 1. Make myself a draft pick. Then take over whichever team drafts me.

Last edited by Jason329; 08-04-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding
Old 08-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #103
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
so there is editing of draft classes?
I think there is, but I'm not sure. What I meant was recreating them as members of my team before entering CFM. So they are already on my roster when I start. I want some continuity between what I did in '16 to what I start up in '17.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #104
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

As the Texans in my online CFM, I will need to upgrade my secondary big time. I have Hal and Ballantien at safety, so the back end is locked up. But my God the CB's suck out loud. I may end up trading Merciles for a starting CB, but I hate trading good starters to fill another need. I will probably make Fuller available for CB's, since everyone loves speed and the Texans are deep at WR. I'll also need to replace Cushing and Wilfork at some point, and find a better DE opposite Watt. I plan on usering McKinney and Ballantien, so that should be fun. Ballantien is an assassin. I had him in one of my CFM's in 16 and he had 109 TKL, 8 TFL, 4 sack, 12 INT (all user), and 5 FF in his DPOY season.

On offense all I'll need to do is upgrade the OL, and find a QB and HB that better suits my style. I like fast QB's and power backs that are at least 88 spd 80 str and 90 trk.

My needs as I see them are (In order)...
CB
OL (Every spot - I think)
QB
DE
NT
MLB

Would appreciate some imput, on potential moves I could make.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »