Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Player Regression and Menus (MoonlightSwami)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Player Regression and Menus (MoonlightSwami) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Player Regression and Menus (MoonlightSwami

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Maybe 100 sacks was for an overall career goal?
Hmm, that might be what it's doing.

Maybe if a player doesn't have good enough production by a certain point in his career - in the case of a DE, 100 sacks by a certain point in his career - he'll automatically be put pressure to regress, regardless of current season production, as to facilitate more young players entering the league?

Even then, it'd still be a little extreme for Cameron Jordan - who has only been in the league for six years - to reach 100 sacks, but I don't think the idea is silly on its face.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #18
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I like it, especially with the ability to choose player goals. Makes goal choosing more important, so that you just can't choose crazy goals every season without a drawback.
Ummm i thought you only set season goal for coach, not each individual player? Maybe i missed something.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yup, and just another reason, i dont like the players going up or down , based on stats. Especially when alot of goals are unreachable without spamming players.

Man , i feel a storm of work coming for online commish's this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I like it, especially with the ability to choose player goals. Makes goal choosing more important, so that you just can't choose crazy goals every season without a drawback.
I'm with howbout. I hate it. Wish it were based on a realistic model of progression/regression instead of a stats chasing goals/rpg.

As much as full player editing isn't a solution, I'll at least be able to ignore XP/Goals and stat chasing for an offline single user franchise.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ummm i thought you only set season goal for coach, not each individual player? Maybe i missed something.
You might be right. I thought I remembered seeing that you can change individual player goals, but I don't remember where. Maybe my mind is getting overexcited and making stuff up.

Edit: After a quick google search, it looks like you are right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden NFL 17 Franchise Blog Part 2
The first big decision you’ll make as a coach or player in the regular season is to set your season goal. As a coach, you can decide whether you are going to make the playoffs or shoot low with a 7-win season. The choice you make has an impact since if you miss your season goal, you have a chance of getting fired, but the harder the goal then the higher the experience point gain will be.
I remembered this as you can change player goals, but I think it is saying that if you are a coach or a player, you can change your own goal.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

Last edited by ThatMichiganFan; 08-15-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0

Well based on what I saw, madden again completely failed at a regression system. For many reasons, primarily being they simply don't have anyone who follows football ever look at this.

1: Once again, skill position players will be useless at age 31, you can't go losing 4+ speed from your attributes and still be effective in this game. Josh Norman in that vid will be 84 speed in 2 seasons, pretty much ending his career.

2: Goals, the system is still broken since they stated in one of the dev tweets that this does not scale based on quarter length. For those leagues that aren't playing exceptionally long games they will never hit these high end goals and will watch top statistical players in their league still regress harshly.

3: Why does regression start at 29? Most people consider this the prime of a career, not the descent.

4: To harp on it again, I just don't think the madden development team really understands how much 2 speed means in their game, at the skill positions it is the difference between fast and average, or average and slow. Literally at CB, 92 is a fast CB, 90 is average, 88 is slow they simply don't get the scale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
That's what I was thinking as well.

Also I see Johnny Football's still in the game. My first move in franchise mode will be to sign him lol
Embracing the Lions way I see.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #23
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't like that you regress in some areas due to just getting older. In the video I saw a guy who was only 27 regressing -2 because he was getting older. I also am really hoping we don't have any of those bad bug/glitches like we had when 16 first released.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Why does regression start at 29? Most people consider this the prime of a career, not the descent.
It's the prime of the career for the superstars who make it that far, but many NFL players don't get even a second big contract. The vast majority won't get a third contract. In fact that age threshold may be generous; how many players from a given draft class are out completely of the league by age 29?

The NFL is a league of replacement, and putting more pressure on teams to replace older players with younger ones is absolutely realistic.

As to Madden, regression at early ages can be avoided completely by completing the high-level season goals. It will catch up to your player eventually - at like 33 or 34 years old - but you can put it off for a time by continuing to produce.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-15-2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: wording

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »