Home

Nano Blitz Detection

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz Detection within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Nano Blitz Detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
That 'gif' is not 6 on 5, it is 6 on 6 the HB stays in to block. I love that they built this into the game. They said if you DO bring more rushers than blockers you will get in >> Which makes sense, you have to have the numbers advantage.
Well what that tells me then is their HB blocking is screwed up. It doesn't excuse this IMO. The HB goes to the outside right rather than filling the A gap. If the HB fills the A gap that gif has a different outcome. So based on what you just said, EA gives people a defensive play, punishes them for using the play that they gave them because they can't get their HB to block correctly. And you are OK with this?

But here has been the problem with this game. I like this year's game a hell of a lot right now, but the old problems remain. The offense is in an Ace formation. I bet if the offense were in Shotgun Y Trips HB Wk, the HB would slide over and pick up the A gap blitz. So basically, the same problem of tic tac toe, you have to be in certain formations to pick up this blitz rather than the pass blocking by the HB being rewritten. Or maybe give the user some game plan control to design their protection for the HB to check A first before blocking anything else? To me these are better solutions than giving users a defensive scheme called inside blitz and then punishing them for using it because they don't have the proper mechanic on offense to deal with a play that EA put in the game.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-22-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
An audible is not glitching though unless we just can't audible. So if I come out in cover 2 hard and audible to Cover 3 match I'm glitching? All I did was switch the coverage to cover 0 instead of cover 4. I didn't move anyone, nor did I hot blitz anyone. Didn't even shift the DL or crash them anywhere. How does that come close to how Rex starts his conversation on this subject matter? He starts his conversation about guys making 7 to 20 adjustments. I never did that I just audibled to a different play. Pretty soon we'll be having audibles taken out of the game I suppose.
See, now this would definitely have to be fixed, if an audible was causing the anti-nano logic to kick in; I would set the logic to stop nanos at like two user made moves, or something like that; or just fix the OL logic - but it appears fixing OL logic is difficult at this time, and I can understand, considering the logic has been through numerous Dev teams up to this point.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

To Add, even if the offense isn't in shotgun Y Trips, this defense is easily recognizable. Cover 0 has a distinct look and it's easy to tell unless someone is disguising it. There is no disguise here. An easy adjustment here would have been to block one of the TE's and send the HB out on a route. Blitz would have been picked up with no problem. But nope, let's not make people on offense keep thinking. Let's baby them by making a universal punishment to people on defense because they are using a play that we gave them.

Again, I can see nano detection for DT nanos and all of that mess, but I did not see the person on defense do anything in that gif but run a stock play that EA gave him and EA said NOPE. How can anyone be OK with that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
See, now this would definitely have to be fixed, if an audible was causing the anti-nano logic to kick in; I would set the logic to stop nanos at like two user made moves, or something like that; or just fix the OL logic - but it appears fixing OL logic is difficult at this time, and I can understand, considering the logic has been through numerous Dev teams up to this point.
Well in my game an audible definitely caused it and it was a similar situation as the gif. It was 6v6 and the HB blocked outside and left the A gap open. I just don't see how any of this is justification for a punishment towards the user. And nano detection, that's exactly what it is, a punishment. But the wrong people are being punished and that's where I have a huge issue with it.

Again,DT nanos I'm with that. Use all the detection you need. But running a stock cover 0 and denying A gap pressure from a second level defender is straight up BS.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #37
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well what that tells me then is their HB blocking is screwed up. It doesn't excuse this IMO. The HB goes to the outside right rather than filling the A gap. If the HB fills the A gap that gif has a different outcome. So based on what you just said, EA gives people a defensive play, punishes them for using the play that they gave them because they can't get their HB to block correctly. And you are OK with this?

But here has been the problem with this game. I like this year's game a hell of a lot right now, but the old problems remain. The offense is in an Ace formation. I bet if the offense were in Shotgun Y Trips HB Wk, the HB would slide over and pick up the A gap blitz. So basically, the same problem of tic tac toe, you have to be in certain formations to pick up this blitz rather than the pass blocking by the HB being rewritten. Or maybe give the user some game plan control to design their protection for the HB to check A first before blocking anything else? To me these are better solutions than giving users a defensive scheme called inside blitz and then punishing them for using it because they don't have the proper mechanic on offense to deal with a play that EA put in the game.
He makes an adjustment of putting the other MLB into a QB contain. It looks like this is what causes the HB to stay outside, thereby manipulating the AI and causing the open lane with the blitz. It seems to me the nano detection worked as it should have, as the player made an adjustment that caused the AI to struggle.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
He makes an adjustment of putting the other MLB into a QB contain. It looks like this is what causes the HB to stay outside, thereby manipulating the AI and causing the open lane with the blitz. It seems to me the nano detection worked as it should have, as the player made an adjustment that caused the AI to struggle.
Is that a contain or was that the run fit? I couldn't tell because that assignment doesn't show up until he pulls up the run fits screen. In any case, an audible is causing this to happen as well and that needs to change. If he did give that ILB a contain then I agree with the nano detection. What I don't agree with is the nano detection kicking in vs audibles.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-22-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #39
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Is that a contain or was that the run fit? I couldn't tell because that assignment doesn't show up until he pulls up the run fits screen.
Ohh good point. I didn't even know there was a run fits screen.

That LB's movement is weird though. He is set to be in man coverage on the HB, but he splits out wide like he is playing contain, and the HB follows him to block.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Ohh good point. I didn't even know there was a run fits screen.

That LB's movement is weird though. He is set to be in man coverage on the HB, but he splits out wide like he is playing contain, and the HB follows him to block.
Yeah I'm starting to see that. It looks weird. Again if he did make that adjustment just to get that ILB through then I agree with the nano detection. But if he didn't then I can't agree with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »