Home

Nano Blitz Detection

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz Detection within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #41
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Nano Blitz Detection

This is what it looks like when you run the same blitz with no adjustments. It's going to be a learning process to figure out what activates the nano detection and what doesn't. But you can still definitely run A gap blitzes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #42
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well in my game an audible definitely caused it and it was a similar situation as the gif. It was 6v6 and the HB blocked outside and left the A gap open. I just don't see how any of this is justification for a punishment towards the user. And nano detection, that's exactly what it is, a punishment. But the wrong people are being punished and that's where I have a huge issue with it.

Again,DT nanos I'm with that. Use all the detection you need. But running a stock cover 0 and denying A gap pressure from a second level defender is straight up BS.
I agree 100%...But as you know, we live in a world where the good people are punished for the bad things a few people do.. It isn't right, but it continues to go on this way...
Old 08-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The thing I don't like about this is 1 it's not a fix its a bandaid. 2 it takes a degree of strategy from the game because now you have to settle for whatever blitz plays they have in the game instead of coming up with your own scheme. What's the point of having blitz hot routes if you are gonna negate it because they don't want to give a proper fix to their broken not well thought out LOS gameplay ?

The play in that gif should have been a legit sack. I would have been pissed if that was my team. I understand the need to control nanos but nanos only exist because of the flawed game design they have implemented in regards to the LOS.

This is the problem with the madden community. They will excuse garbage game design like this and take a ill just live with it attitude. Then to make it worse get angry with anyone that calls them out on this hot garbage they produce.

Don't excuse this crap, make them really fix it.
This is my sentiment as well. When they announced the targeting system in Madden 25, the first thing that came to mind was "what if the guy changes the assignments on the line?". Sure enough, it breaks. Everything works great if you call a stock play and don't make adjustments. This is a band aid that is going to cause frustration if it happens when it shouldn't. The line play is a hot mess, and it really needs to be addressed. It's a lot less of a hot mess than last gen, but that's not saying much. They need to really re-architect the entire LOS, how players align and how they interact. We still don't even have stunts, twists or delayed blitzes. The exploits are there because the design and implementation is not right. If they build it right, they can have all of these things in the game also have fewer exploits. When you start taking away the football to prevent an exploit, you're going to ruin the experience for those players. Hopefully they will seriously address line play, and make it much more organic in Madden 18.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #44
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Hopefully they will seriously address line play, and make it much more organic in Madden 18.

We all have things we want for M18, or a patch during the M17 cycle, but I believe everyone should have Line play, offense and defense, number one on their list - this is the base fundamental of football and dictates how everything else plays out on the field; line play is the root of football..History proves that line play is everything in football; and then came passing etc etc..
Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
We all have things we want for M18, or a patch during the M17 cycle, but I believe everyone should have Line play, offense and defense, number one on their list - this is the base fundamental of football and dictates how everything else plays out on the field; line play is the root of football..History proves that line play is everything in football; and then came passing etc etc..
I couldn't agree more, my friend. Overall player movement and line play are the two things in the game that, if they address properly, would make me a big fan of the game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

This is what it looks like when you run the same blitz with no adjustments. It's going to be a learning process to figure out what activates the nano detection and what doesn't. But you can still definitely run A gap blitzes.
I do have one question about this gif though. I notice that the player you are controlling is lined up deeper than the other ILB. Did you move him back a little to prevent nano detection? If you moved him up slightly would that trigger the detection?
Old 08-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #47
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Now that players can't exploit the gap blitzes (about time), they need to do something about the cheesy quarters formation and how effective it was to stop the run in Madden 16.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:32 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Now that players can't exploit the gap blitzes (about time), they need to do something about the cheesy quarters formation and how effective it was to stop the run in Madden 16.
Gap blitzes are still in this game, it's just not as A gap prevalent. I wouldn't say all A gap is gone either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »