Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2016, 02:22 AM   #353
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
This is right up my alley, gonna try this out soon and simulate multiple seasons. I really can't play as the Browns because I'm a Steelers fan, but I will pick another crappy team to try and rebuild.

Just making a comment about scouting for potential position switches, that is a nice element to maybe find a few extra prospects that may not grade out initially.

I would generally agree with what was stated about switching positions to stay within position groups except for 3-4 Rush OLB to DE if you run 4-3.

But I also think a Speed Rusher type DE to 3-4 OLB could also work. Thoughts on that?

Of course it will be dependent on specific attributes, but generally when making that switch the OVR drops by about 2 points from what I noticed.

So if we are targeting 75 and above OVR, he comes in at 75 and drops to 73 not that bad. Of course if you miss on that player it changes, but that is a risk with any player I guess. Just thought I would throw that out there it may be something else to consider if you run a 3-4.

You'll find that moving a guy from 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE provides more success than the other way around. OLBs need a little bit of coverage ability which DEs tend to completely lack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-29-2016, 03:08 AM   #354
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Just finished up another draft. It was a crap class all around. Real tough. Feel like I blew my first 3 picks (traded up in the 2nd to grab the #1 TVR rated guy). But had some good value in the middle rounds. The DT was actually a LE who was set to "Not Draft". Changed to DT in the Scouting Tool and he jumped to I believe the 24th best TVR rated player. Was a 71 Ovr LE but a 76 Ovr DT. Very nice. The CB is a little small (5'11") but has very good ratings so should be great. Him, the HB, and the C all came in as Quick Dev guys so that was cool. The last 2 picks were fliers. The SS has some good ratings but his Awr and Play rec is terrible. May be serviceable if I get those up some. OMN I upload the draft class with Ovr's soon. Thanks again for this awesome tool. Oh also keep in mind that I changed some of the Scouting Requirements. I looking for players 72 and above instead of 75 and above. 10-28-2016_11-57-14_PM.jpg10-28-2016_11-57-03_PM.jpg
Old 10-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #355
Just started!

does the Draft editor work anymore? I download it and it wont open. both those links dont work. Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 06:05 PM   #356
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Used the tool last night. Had the 13th pick and got the #5 TVR who turned out to be #1 true talent. 79 OVR, normal development.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #357
Just started!

never mind got it to open. now im going to play around with it.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:43 PM   #358
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
No ETA, but I've got some time towards the end of this week as my wife and kids are away. So very, very tentatively, next weekend some time.

In terms of changes, going to make some big changes to draft status to provide blue chip prospects (75+) and red chip prospects (70-75). This will give people more options in the late rounds. Only downside is that more scouting points will be spent before the tool says "do not draft" so users might not manage to cover all positions like they can currently using the tool. But that's a necessary evil unfortunately.

Got half an idea to include a projection of a class's overall strength at different positions now I have plenty of sample data to see averages. This will help people plan out if/when to invest in free agent acquisitions based on the likely strength of a draft class at a given position. For example if you're in dire need of a LT but the class is of below average strength, you might want to bring in a FA. But if you have a strong LT class, you can save your money/cap room and fill other needs in free agency instead in the knowledge you'll have multiple options of who to draft at LT.

OMN,

How is it looking for Version 3 my brother, eager to see how your blue chip and red chip prospect section works with this already amazing tool.

As always thanks for your time and hard work!

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 10-30-2016, 04:11 AM   #359
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechman89
Haha, I know right!? Little background, A. Smith was a projected 7th round player, and I have no idea why. I forgot to look at the draft stories, but I don't think a bad story would have dropped him that far. Just one of those late-round gems I guess! This was by far my best draft pick yet; getting an 80 OVR player who is the #6 player overall this draft in the 5th round? The Browns should hire me right now haha. I made sure to draft him two rounds ahead of where he was projected because his skills were good and his combine was amazing; didn't want to regret waiting much longer and possibly have another team take him. He has 96 speed and 96 acceleration with good starting receiver skills...should have been a top-10 projected pick. I'll take it!

OMN, any idea why he would be projected so late? I've gotten steals before, but never the #6 overall player projected to be a 7th rounder...
I posted a screenshot of my draft a couple of days ago. I grabbed the #9 overall player in the 7th round, a guard. Makes me wonder how many steals I was missing before using this tool.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 10-30-2016, 04:37 AM   #360
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
OMN,

How is it looking for Version 3 my brother, eager to see how your blue chip and red chip prospect section works with this already amazing tool.

As always thanks for your time and hard work!

Finished the blue chip/red chip stuff. Working pretty well if I do say so myself. Had to do some actual witchcraft to make sure run blocking TEs were draftable without letting a load of scrub receiving TEs through the door too, but it seems to be working now. Adjusted blue chip so it's slightly harsher and there's very, very little risk of drafting a <75 player designated as blue chip.

The blue chip criteria as a whole are very mature now but the red chip criteria may need another version to hit full maturity as my sample data for red chips isn't as large (understandably, people stopped scouting guys as soon as they weren't going to be blue chips even if the new version of the tool thinks they could have turned out to be red chips), but they seem to be working pretty well as a whole. Some positions like safety, TE, OLB and DE are a bit risky on the red chip side (the odd 68/69 player slipping through the net) but most are ok.

I'm doing some work at the moment on the draft class strength analysis which I think could be useful info. It's just a shame most positions rely on combine stats before you can definitively say if someone's a blue/red chip, so users won't get proper draft class strength analysis until week 2 of FA which means they may miss out on the top FAs, but ah well.

Also going to add a height field since it's so important for positions like WR and DB and should give a TVR boost/penalty accordingly. Also got to check some TVR normalising as some positions get boosted a bit too high I think (e.g. CB).

Probably not going to ship v3 this weekend but should be able to by the middle of the week.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »