Home

Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games??

This is a discussion on Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do you think Madden "picks" winners of games??

The winner isn't pre-determined, but any Madden user SIM or Casual can attest to the favor being shown one way from time to time.

It definitely has existed in past iterations, and still exists today, we've all seen the games where it literally feels like your team didn't show up to play, and you literally have to fight a claw your way to victory vs a user you've beaten handily several times, meanwhile they're making the same mistakes as before, yet ''this'' game, they are getting away with it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

The only thing that is sort of similar that I've seen before is teams getting bonuses/penalties based on the weather. And that was back on madden 08 pc.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #11
MVP

underdog13's Arena

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/v...&hilit=Weather

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #12
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Also, as we found out this year, through the away team fatigue bug there is a home field advantage that we don't fully understand but is definitely noticeable at times.
This is the only thing I have noticed - it does feel like, when playing as the road team, my players get tired faster.

That is explicitly not the game picking a victor, though; I have a better record on the road than at home in user-user games in my league, for example.

Quote:
Fumbles on ensuing kick offs after a big play (pick six, fumble return for TD, etc.) when you are losing are a pretty common occurrence
I have seen this happen maybe once in the past three years of playing Madden, and this was against an opponent who was playing dumb and threw 20 passes in a no-huddle offense with Geno Smith in the first quarter. (I ended up pasting this guy).
Old 11-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I have seen this happen maybe once in the past three years of playing Madden, and this was against an opponent who was playing dumb and threw 20 passes in a no-huddle offense with Geno Smith in the first quarter. (I ended up pasting this guy).
It happens quit frequently when you take 32 guys feedback on it over 8+ seasons per release. There is a mechanic in there for momentum, like I said I think it may be the old hot cold system just hidden. One of the developers hinted at it in one of my interviews, I'll look around and see if I can find it tonight.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1

After 62 overall Christian Hackenberg torched my Dolphins defense for 400 yards, 6 incomplete passes, and 4tds; yes I do believe there's something weird that goes on in Madden. Especially since Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker combined for 4 catches for 29 yards.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

In MUT a year or so ago, there was some very heavy speculation that there was a hidden handicap. There was no difference between 80 OVR players and 99 OVR players when it came to certain stats.

I don't think the Winner is chosen, like home team will win, but I do think there is some handicap to make players perform robot like. Other than the confidence feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #16
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Again I will add that I don't think it picks a WINNER however there is a mechanic in play, legacy or otherwise (because keep in mind there is still a lot of legacy issues and there will be until they scrap everything and rewrite the code from scratch) in the game that can start a team off with all the momentum in a game. It is able to be overcome but it isn't easy which is why some people feel like the winner is determined when instead an advantage is given to one team. I don't believe it was something programed into this game purposefully which is why I think it is a legacy issue because I have seen it happen in past madden games. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread it very well could be left over code from hot and cold streaks.

As much as I would agree with the assessment of it just being terrible luck with the dice rolls, I tend to think that there is a factor more than just a random bad string of dice rolls as there are mitigating factors that effect said dice rolls. If I we had the ability to see the code it might make it easier to identify what causes it but otherwise I definitely understand the feeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »