Home

TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #17
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
As TDawg himself said, this isn't really about finding people that fit a certain type in Madden as much as it is about you finding the players that fit the way you play. For example, I HATE dropped passes in Madden so I can make sure that I have a high weighting on both catching and speed. In the archetypes, that's not a combination that Madden will use (unless I'm remembering one of them wrong). They're both factored in but some put more weight on one than the other. This tool lets me weight them both as my top factors, if I want. Using the percentages, I can say that I want great hands (set at 25% or so) and I'm willing to sacrifice spectacular catches (2%) to get that.

Just remember, this is a tool to help you evaluate your roster and players. You can get a guy with pretty high ratings here that Madden might have rated pretty low. If you use him the way you indicate in the tool, he can still be pretty darn good though.

Now, you can use certain archetypes as a foundation, if you want. Just look at the description in schemes and weight the elements that it mentions higher.

If you can't tell, I already LOVE the tool. Not that I'm surprised but this is awesome.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have you ever thought about turning this into a scouting tool? Not for the draft but for your opponents? The information from your team is already available, would just need to enter in relevant data from your opponent. I was thinking about this the other day.

I did end up seeing a big rabbit hole trying to align OL and DL depending on scheme and alignment. Just wondering if you or anyone else with more excel talent had given this sort of thing a go.

I'd feel like a real coach making a game plan to attack there personnel where we have an advantage.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouk58
Have you ever thought about turning this into a scouting tool? Not for the draft but for your opponents? The information from your team is already available, would just need to enter in relevant data from your opponent. I was thinking about this the other day.

I did end up seeing a big rabbit hole trying to align OL and DL depending on scheme and alignment. Just wondering if you or anyone else with more excel talent had given this sort of thing a go.

I'd feel like a real coach making a game plan to attack there personnel where we have an advantage.
I love this idea. I don't have a ton of time to work on something like this but I might try it at some point. I'm sure that TDawg could do it in his sleep if he wanted...
Old 12-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #20
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:

Break this down for me a little more. I'm having trouble understanding what you looking for. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

The basic idea is to have a quick comparison of say my LT compared to the other teams RE to see a direct comparison of the matchup. Do I have an advantage vs the run or pass? Or do I need to put a HB on that side to assist? Basically something similar to the in game right stick.

I always here about the NFL is a matter of exploiting matchups, and your tool got me thinking it might be possible to do this on a madden level.

By doing this we could gameplan the opponent. Perhaps their MLB is a dominant force at stopping the run, but is a liability in the passing game.

Do they have a dominant 4-3 lolb that would be best to be on the sidelines, so we choose more 11 personnel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #22
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
The basic idea is to have a quick comparison of say my LT compared to the other teams RE to see a direct comparison of the matchup. Do I have an advantage vs the run or pass? Or do I need to put a HB on that side to assist? Basically something similar to the in game right stick.

I always here about the NFL is a matter of exploiting matchups, and your tool got me thinking it might be possible to do this on a madden level.

By doing this we could gameplan the opponent. Perhaps their MLB is a dominant force at stopping the run, but is a liability in the passing game.

Do they have a dominant 4-3 lolb that would be best to be on the sidelines, so we choose more 11 personnel.
Got it. Great idea. I'll see if I can implement something like that when I get some time later this week.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #23
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

So I've made a small update to v1.2. Nothing huge. Just a Team Ratings tab which gives you a complete overview on your starters and your depth with a letter grade system. OP will be update with more details.

I am working on how to make this a weekly scouting tool for the team you are up against so you can really gameplan against the other teams weaknesses. That's my next update and it will be pretty big I think so it may take awhile. Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-09-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

I know you're working a ton on the newest version but had a quick thought.

What about adding a data input tab to the front that copies the info over to the appropriate tabs? I just did my cuts in preseason week 4 and my first round of progression. What I noticed is that for the OL/DL/LB (maybe others?) tabs, I have all of the positions included in each (so LT includes ALL OL positions, for example). So when I make a cut, I need to make sure that reflects in each of the 5 tabs for OL. Likewise for progression. It would be great to just delete/modify them in a single spot and then have it carry over to the tabs.

I'll play around with it a bit myself but thought I'd throw the idea out. Lovin' this tool!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »