Home

EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #425
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,293
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Does the sim community have a rep in a similar role?
RogueHominid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #426
MVP
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Does the sim community have a rep in a similar role?


Negative..what we need is a person in a similar role who is franchise SINGLE PLAYER..but again not likely


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #427
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Negative..what we need is a person in a similar role who is franchise SINGLE PLAYER..but again not likely


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports


Single player? As in career/superstar mode? Why the emphasis there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #428
10/22/21
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 12,380
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Single player? As in career/superstar mode? Why the emphasis there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could be wrong, but I think he means single player as in User vs. CPU, if that is the case I wholeheartedly agree.
__________________
Quote:
Jordan Mychal Lemos
@crypticjordan

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #429
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Does the sim community have a rep in a similar role?
Not so much sim, but this was asked on behalf of franchise
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #430
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,293
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Not so much sim, but this was asked on behalf of franchise
This is, unfortunately, not likely to be good for business for someone like me, who plays solo offline CFM.

This is because online H2H players can mask or overcome a lot of the really problematic AI issues that plague solo offline CFM players. These range from playbooks to formation subs and rotations to roster management AI.

If the voice for franchise in the building is primarily a competitive player, I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting the cluster-mess that is their playbook feature fixed, or of getting significantly better roster management AI, or any of a host of other necessary changes.

I have to go through a pretty byzantine process to make solo offline franchise viable for multiple seasons, largely because of their incredibly poor playbooks and player management AI. I don't like having to do that, and I'd love it if we could get someone in there who represents the offline gamer's interests.

I think you have to be a primarily offline player to understand just how bad some core aspects of the game are and how badly they need fixing.

I say this as someone who is actually having a blast right now in offline franchise, but only because I signed out before the last patch and because I got my sliders just right. But getting this game to play well enough in franchise to keep me coming back is quite a challenge and I wish that weren't so.

For that reason, I wish the person they had speaking to CFM were a solo offline type. If that were the case, the core AI improvements brought about for this demographic would also benefit the competitive gamer because the core fundamentals would be better. I'm not optimistic that it will work the other way around.
RogueHominid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:14 PM   #431
10/22/21
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 12,380
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is, unfortunately, not likely to be good for business for someone like me, who plays solo offline CFM.

This is because online H2H players can mask or overcome a lot of the really problematic AI issues that plague solo offline CFM players. These range from playbooks to formation subs and rotations to roster management AI.

If the voice for franchise in the building is primarily a competitive player, I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting the cluster-mess that is their playbook feature fixed, or of getting significantly better roster management AI, or any of a host of other necessary changes.

I have to go through a pretty byzantine process to make solo offline franchise viable for multiple seasons, largely because of their incredibly poor playbooks and player management AI. I don't like having to do that, and I'd love it if we could get someone in there who represents the offline gamer's interests.

I think you have to be a primarily offline player to understand just how bad some core aspects of the game are and how badly they need fixing.

I say this as someone who is actually having a blast right now in offline franchise, but only because I signed out before the last patch and because I got my sliders just right. But getting this game to play well enough in franchise to keep me coming back is quite a challenge and I wish that weren't so.

For that reason, I wish the person they had speaking to CFM were a solo offline type. If that were the case, the core AI improvements brought about for this demographic would also benefit the competitive gamer because the core fundamentals would be better. I'm not optimistic that it will work the other way around.
Yes, The issue is that the single player CFM players, and the 32 man league/multiplayer CFM players are often greatly at odds over what should have the highest priority in terms of new CFM features or fixes.

Now that Rex has become so enamored with the competitive space, I feel like we've somewhat lost one of our advocates for improvement to the CPU in gameplay and in CFM. Still I'm hitting Rex and Clint and John up all the time to lobby for more control what the CPU does since it's not up to snuff right now.
__________________
Quote:
Jordan Mychal Lemos
@crypticjordan

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #432
Rookie
 
SyncereBlackout's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 829
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is, unfortunately, not likely to be good for business for someone like me, who plays solo offline CFM.



This is because online H2H players can mask or overcome a lot of the really problematic AI issues that plague solo offline CFM players. These range from playbooks to formation subs and rotations to roster management AI.



If the voice for franchise in the building is primarily a competitive player, I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting the cluster-mess that is their playbook feature fixed, or of getting significantly better roster management AI, or any of a host of other necessary changes.



I have to go through a pretty byzantine process to make solo offline franchise viable for multiple seasons, largely because of their incredibly poor playbooks and player management AI. I don't like having to do that, and I'd love it if we could get someone in there who represents the offline gamer's interests.



I think you have to be a primarily offline player to understand just how bad some core aspects of the game are and how badly they need fixing.



I say this as someone who is actually having a blast right now in offline franchise, but only because I signed out before the last patch and because I got my sliders just right. But getting this game to play well enough in franchise to keep me coming back is quite a challenge and I wish that weren't so.



For that reason, I wish the person they had speaking to CFM were a solo offline type. If that were the case, the core AI improvements brought about for this demographic would also benefit the competitive gamer because the core fundamentals would be better. I'm not optimistic that it will work the other way around.


Looking at the tweet’ers follow up request I think this may help you more than you think. I wouldn’t go so far to think that most online players are H2H players.

Leagues like my own were a rarity when the PS4 dropped. In our archives I’ve got plenty of “why use 16 teams. What’s with the half full leagues.” The point I’m trying to make is that the guy on twitter is looking for user independent difficulty settings which suggests there are cpu v user games as well as H2H games in his league.

I would even go so far to say in online leagues with cpu teams the AI problems are exacerbated. Where H2H games may mask some gameplay AI problems, almost all statistical outliers are vs CPU teams. This causes a material disparity for all things related to XP for users who have more CPU interactions.

With respect to roster management we are equals. The poor management causes the gap between competitive CPU and users to widen. It sends players to FA which should be on CPu teams. It requires commissioners to edit cpu rosters to change CBS to FSs where applicable or move OL around to not give up an inordinate number of Sacks.

There are more things online CFM players have in common with offline CFM players than things that make us different. The biggest divide in the cfm community is the number of seasons played during a cycle. I’m not sure how many seasons offline players go through. We typically range from 6-9 full seasons. I would be more concerned if the voice of cfm played one season, then restarted, again. And again. And again.

Or if the only thing that would send the average cfm user to year 2 would be “realistic draft classes” because after the second year, it’s all guesswork” without an ncaa game to export them, I can’t and don’t support shareable draft classes. Here I know I’m a minority.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Grown Man League (GML) - Commish (PS4)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
SyncereBlackout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Top -