Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 02:43 AM   #209
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

That sack on Cam at 3:35 was nice.

I like the way the edge rushers got up the field at 6:05. The banner on the pick on that play said, "Perfect Timing User Pick"

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:46 AM   #210
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I didn't like some of the throws Cam made in that 10 minute video. As I said before the grass stains look real good on the uniforms I just wonder if they appear randomly as time passes or if they appear from tackling and getting tackled? The reason I ask that is because Hopkins uniform had some stains on it as well as Washington's punter.

I'm hoping when footage is released it's not just MUT squads and there is some Sim games against the CPU.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #211
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
It's little, but crucial, details like this that makes Madden miss the mark on capturing realistic human or athletic movement for a lot of their animations. Specifically with regards to the above throwing animation, it's completely missing "Anticipation," which is one of the 12 principles of animation.

For anyone who is curious, please watch the below youtube video to get a sense as to why the above Cam Newton throwing motion isn't realistic.

12 Principles of Animation: Anticipation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OtE60T8yU

The above Cam Newton throwing animation reminds me all too much of the throwing motion from MLB the Show outfielders. It's one of the animations that should also be taken out of MLB the Show that still remains. A lot of people praise MLB the Show for their animations, but if you compare that baseball game to the Japanese Pro Yakyuu Spirits baseball game, the Show's animation falls short with pitching, batting, running and fielding motions, and simply subtle player movements.

I was 'like' I've seen that throwing animation somewhere before... since you've mentioned 2013, I'm wondering if the MLB developer had any influence on the animations to Madden.

Note: 2011 news. Old news
MLB the Show Developer Jumps Ship To EA Tiburon
http://shogungamer.com/news/13045/ml...hip-ea-tiburon

For me however, it's actually that it's not realistic at all and should be taken out.

My personal take is this ... CPU player awareness. Even if the gamer chooses to do a drop back 15 yards, shouldn't the defensive ends recognize where the QB is and take better angles to get around the offensive lineman. Sometimes I would see the QB completely scramble out of the pocket and the defensive ends simply are absent minded, and still trying to rush the QB as if he was still inside the pocket.
All Pro Football 2k8 probably had the best QB play I've seen in a football game. They had an actual pocket and you had to stay in the pocket to make plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #212
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Looks like the arm sleeves are finally realistic
Madden always looked good in screenshots. Nobody ever complained about that. The player likenesses were weird sometimes. Josh Norman doesn't have long dreads, they are short braids but they don't hang out of his helmet like that.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #213
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

The blocking looks exactly the same as we have had for years.

Stonewall, then free release on the QB.

No pushing and shoving collapsing the pocket. These dev's just dont listen.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #214
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
The blocking looks exactly the same as we have had for years.

Stonewall, then free release on the QB.

No pushing and shoving collapsing the pocket. These dev's just dont listen.
If you noticed what adembroski said above, he is surprised because it's high on Clint's list.

To me, that means something inside could be holding it back.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #215
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you noticed what adembroski said above, he is surprised because it's high on Clint's list.

I know we saw better blocking and interaction in another video and the people who have played it said that player interactions and blocking were improved, sucks we don't have more gameplay to look at and get a bigger sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #216
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Something inside what? I mean this has been going on for year after year after year.

Im not going to say I know anything about how the dev process works. But in reality, I just dont care as it is right now. Youve told us that this crappy "Longshot" took 3 to 4 years to develop, and that it AND NBA Live (who gives a flying rooster about?) have taken away resources.

So you basically cant fix the game because of those things. Thats all I hear. And evidence supports the claim.

I dunno, Ill try to be positive about it. But every so often no matter the sliders I use I see the stonewall or bust blocking and just want to cry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »