Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #193
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Poor throwing animation @0:54 mark

This is the exact throwing animation I was referring to in my post. I hate it and it should've never made the game. I think it was added in Madden 13. No excuse for it to still be in there. Some of that old stuff just needs to be taken out to the pasture....
It's little, but crucial, details like this that makes Madden miss the mark on capturing realistic human or athletic movement for a lot of their animations. Specifically with regards to the above throwing animation, it's completely missing "Anticipation," which is one of the 12 principles of animation.

For anyone who is curious, please watch the below youtube video to get a sense as to why the above Cam Newton throwing motion isn't realistic.

12 Principles of Animation: Anticipation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OtE60T8yU

The above Cam Newton throwing animation reminds me all too much of the throwing motion from MLB the Show outfielders. It's one of the animations that should also be taken out of MLB the Show that still remains. A lot of people praise MLB the Show for their animations, but if you compare that baseball game to the Japanese Pro Yakyuu Spirits baseball game, the Show's animation falls short with pitching, batting, running and fielding motions, and simply subtle player movements.

I was 'like' I've seen that throwing animation somewhere before... since you've mentioned 2013, I'm wondering if the MLB developer had any influence on the animations to Madden.

Note: 2011 news. Old news
MLB the Show Developer Jumps Ship To EA Tiburon
http://shogungamer.com/news/13045/ml...hip-ea-tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me it's not just the animation being poor and unrealistic, it's about it being in the game untouched since last gen....
For me however, it's actually that it's not realistic at all and should be taken out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
It's kind of hard to make a good assumption about the line when everybody who plays the game drops back 15 yards. No qb does that, they step up, so the scenarios you see in these leaks are unrealistic. STOP moving the qb further and further back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My personal take is this ... CPU player awareness. Even if the gamer chooses to do a drop back 15 yards, shouldn't the defensive ends recognize where the QB is and take better angles to get around the offensive lineman. Sometimes I would see the QB completely scramble out of the pocket and the defensive ends simply are absent minded, and still trying to rush the QB as if he was still inside the pocket.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #194
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Not impressed with the pass blocking and pass rushing seems to be the same as always. No push up front, just stonewall blocking until the defender gets a clean break at the Qb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #195
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Attachment 136295
Better player models
Looks like the arm sleeves are finally realistic

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 8

A little disappointed with the throwing motion like many have said. I can't believe they left that one still in.

Lineplay did not look good in the new vids. Maybe it was difficulty level but it's disappointing.

Why did he have to call hail marys??? smh
Old 06-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Not impressed with the pass blocking and pass rushing seems to be the same as always. No push up front, just stonewall blocking until the defender gets a clean break at the Qb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
.... after watching it again, it sounded like a little kid playing. Maybe it was one rookie or arcade mode? maybe... please...
Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 PM   #198
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Regarding throwing animations.

To a certain extent. I did not like the way Cam Newton threw that long pass @0:52 mark. Throwing such a long pass should require the body to rear his throwing shoulder back (@0:12 mark), sort of like a catapult. However, I did like some of his other throws where he does rear his throwing shoulder back.
Na.

Cam can throw 50 off his back foot with 7 people facemasking him. When guys rear back their shoulder, they're doing it because they have too, because they lack the arm strength not too. Correct form is to adjust the release point and bend at the middle back if at all. Leaning backwards and "cocking" the throw destroys accuracy, reduces velocity, and causes a sailing duck.

Cam's personal mechanics look funny, though, and it looks like he's doing some weird **** with his shoulder. It's not really in an effort to get the ball deep, though, he does the same thing on dump offs. It's just a quirk of his release.

The animation isn't great for Cam, and it looks odd, but it's not unrealistic really. At least, not in the context of Madden throw animations.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-15-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #199
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Leaked madden 18 e3

What adembroski was talking about

https://youtu.be/1DT-JEsqzmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM   #200
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
.... after watching it again, it sounded like a little kid playing. Maybe it was one rookie or arcade mode? maybe... please...
I think they were playing on Sim mode because to the left of the screen right under the EA Sports logo is Sim but hopefully that was just on rookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »