Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #105
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
And the scary part is that EA is buying more and more smaller companies, essentially slowly eliminating all competition. We all see what happens without competition.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
A smaller company would never have the resources to create and maintain a AAA football game on the level of Madden and thats what people want. Unless a 2k or Ubisoft jumps in, the best you will see is games on the level of that Canadian Football league game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #106
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Exactly. It’s sad. Blocking (for me) has been one of the worst experiences, yet they have a former NFL OL-man on the dev team? I’ve seen so many missed cut blocks by offensive linemen (which they shouldn’t be doing in the first place; most OL-men are stand-up blockers) some rated at 89+, that I’ve had games where I was sacked 16 times.

In replay, blocking assignments are constantly blown. I played both DT and guard in high school and have seen better technique there than in Madden. I get it, it’s a video game and it’s not perfect. But it’s happened so frequently it’s an enormous cause of frustration. I’m no programmer, but how hard can it be to program decent AI?

My main gripe is that they advertised it to be “everything you see on Sunday.” Man, if you can’t do something right, don’t do it at all.
This always makes me laugh. The reason is because I used to always say this. There are probably hundreds of posts on OS where I said this years ago.

Until I actually saw how hard it is to program AI. Its really hard. Like really difficult.

Now that isnt an excuse for Tiburon. If they have AI programmers, their focus should be on fixing these long standing issues. Whats frustrating is I dont understand what the AI programmers have been working on since the 3rd week of August when they were first made aware of the Statue QB issue.

There have been virtually no changes to the game's AI since release. So what have they been doing? Is this QB AI issue so bad that it takes 3 mos to fix?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #107
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This always makes me laugh. The reason is because I used to always say this. There are probably hundreds of posts on OS where I said this years ago.

Until I actually saw how hard it is to program AI. Its really hard. Like really difficult.

Now that isnt an excuse for Tiburon. If they have AI programmers, their focus should be on fixing these long standing issues. Whats frustrating is I dont understand what the AI programmers have been working on since the 3rd week of August when they were first made aware of the Statue QB issue.

There have been virtually no changes to the game's AI since release. So what have they been doing? Is this QB AI issue so bad that it takes 3 mos to fix?
For sure it is super hard to program AI and do it well, but I agree with the latter part as well. It is not impossible and much more complex AI has been programmed all across the world. The EA license is (effectively)preventing other people from attempting to program football AI as well. This is what is frustrating

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 11-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
A smaller company would never have the resources to create and maintain a AAA football game on the level of Madden and thats what people want. Unless a 2k or Ubisoft jumps in, the best you will see is games on the level of that Canadian Football league game.
The sad thing is I've seen the Canadian game, and it already does a few things better.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #109
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
The sad thing is I've seen the Canadian game, and it already does a few things better.
Im interested to hear what it does better.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #110
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Fair enough, I never could get into the ins and outs of programming. It’s just really frustrating is all.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #111
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
After this year, I cant see myself buying Madden 19 at retail. I'll wait a week and buy it used if I need a NFL fix.
Same here. I probably am going the PC sim game route from here on out unless things drastically change. At worse I'll wait until Madden is really cheap.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #112
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. I probably am going the PC sim game route from here on out unless things drastically change. At worse I'll wait until Madden is really cheap.
Enjoy that while it lasts, once they make it a subscription based "live service" , i highly doubt we will be able to "buy" anything about madden used.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »