Home

Madden NFL 19 Deep Dive: MUT

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Deep Dive: MUT within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Deep Dive: MUT

i prefer to use formation subs although that breaks with IR etc. Why not ST positions?
ps even if we dont populate these depth chart positions, the cpu wont leave them blank and will do it for us hence every cfm wont be able to play without them being used even if we dont want them
Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #18
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I liked the whole reveal, and I just noticed at the end - contracts are out of MUT.

It is interesting that weather is included as part of the key details shown on the 5th screenshot, which is about squads. First game shows: Rookie level; 2 min quarters; Day: Warm. Would be nice if temperature affected player performance. Warm day would be good, but a hot day would see fatigue affected negatively..Cold weather makes catching and throwing more difficult, etc.

Granted it is in MUT, but games against the CPU would be fine with weather affects. The weather would not be welcome in competitive matches.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-31-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

As someone that plays MUT regularly, this is nothing but great information. They addressed a lot of issues from Madden 18 like powered up players and Chemistries while still adding things for different types of players. One of the biggest complaints was not enough solos and they addressed that as well. They added competitive solo’s for those that don’t care about playing against humans and they added a pseudo practice arena for Squad players by allowing you to play against the CPU. Nothing in this article fed into the Pay-to-win fears that are surrounding MUT. Overall, I thought it was a great deep dive.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:28 PM   #20
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is nice CM, very nice. Finally, a 3rd down back.

I also picked up this and hope it transfers over to CFM as well:

MUT Squads returns in Madden 19 and, new this year, we have added the ability to play games against the CPU. You and two of your friends can team up to take on challenges that will be a mix of various difficulties, playstyles, and even weather.

The even weather part would be nice.

Eh, SS, I'll disagree with you. I will take efficiency any day over PITA setups.
Oh for sure just saying it shouldnt be touted as a new feature but a Quality of life improvement is always welcome
Old 05-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i prefer to use formation subs although that breaks with IR etc. Why not ST positions?
ps even if we dont populate these depth chart positions, the cpu wont leave them blank and will do it for us hence every cfm wont be able to play without them being used even if we dont want them
What do you mean by special team positions? There are only a couple true special teams positions, long snapper and gunner are the only two that comr to mind immediately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Oh for sure just saying it shouldnt be touted as a new feature but a Quality of life improvement is always welcome
I can't recall from past Maddens, but has Madden ever had all these positions highlighted in previous Maddens?

Last edited by roadman; 05-31-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Are these the Player Positional Archetypes?
Absolutely not, these are just new depth chart positions so you can assign what players you want playing in what situations
Old 05-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #24
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
What do you mean by special team positions? There are only a couple true special teams positions, long snapper and gunner are the only two that comr to mind immediately
I would like the ability to completely fill out kick/punt teams and cover formations as well as fg/xp

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »