Home

EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

I would think Clint clarified any misunderstandings from the article to the public moving forward, at this time, correct?

People come into the thread at first and respond and react and start firing away questions/statements when it's already been put to rest, at the moment. edit(after I posted his response. lol)

Last edited by roadman; 06-12-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
What game was that? I remember that and it was awesome. Crazy that was 15 years ago on last gen and now we are just now getting it back.
Madden 12, especially if I came out in any form of man coverage. Aye aye aye... lol
Old 06-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Those are still a part of the original play call 99% of the time, practiced before hand in the off season at a minimum. Even when Brett Favre did it without coaching permission, he had pulled wrs aside in practice and told them if the dB was off and the run was away, to run a one step slant.

Getting to the line and arbitrarily changing routes doesn’t happen in the NFL but once in a blue moon. There are pre-agreed to signals based on previously discussed adjustments, but nothing like in Madden.

If we were shooting for a reasonable compromise between reality and video game, allowing ONE route change per play call ( not counting protection adjustments) would be it.
That would be a good compromise and something actually worth putting in the game. Only one route change per play. Could even be a option in game settings for onlune leagues. Unlimited changes or 1 change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
"Quarterbacks have new hot route/audible animations that line up with how they are in real life. Sim players will probably enjoy the details but competitive players are going to hate how long the animations can take. The Madden devs are going to review this, and may or may not tweak them if not remove them outright."

Stuff like this just pisses me off. Something that adds realism and authenticity, and it's already speculation of it's removal. Make these people adjust to the strategy for realism.

"My one early gripe with RPM is the odd choice to include a very loud running sound effect that seems like it should be in a FPS or action game rather than for someone running on grass/field turf."

I just gotta scratch my head at **** like this. Is it the football bomb from years back all over again? SMH. Just arcade crap they add for no reason.

Alotta good **** in there though. Looking forward to playing the game.
Man if they take that out and dont leave it in for sim mode, I'm gonna lose my ****ing ****.

Its in excusable that comp players are given this much pull. First no defensive holding....now this.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #45
Rookie

I agree there should only be one hot route per play, just to get rid of the nonsense you see in competitive games, I’m not sure if it’s in current madden, but 2k football you could toggle in the settings whether you are allowed to do one hot route or multiple hot routes per play(not including blocking assignments). EA could do same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Man if they take that out and dont leave it in for sim mode, I'm gonna lose my ****ing ****.

Its in excusable that comp players are given this much pull. First no defensive holding....now this.
Clint said there hasn't been any discussions about taking out the feature.

If it happens and he announced there is nothing, I will go bonkers too.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm an overly optimistic guy but I'm kind of curious what he meant by the closing comment of Madden 19 "not reinventing the wheel". Now I get there are elements in the game from past years (like every sports game) and I bet there are also things that are still in it that aren't so great. But, based on these impressions I don't know how you can not give credit where credit is due. Everyone knows RPM for all 22 will be a game changer if implemented correctly. However all of the additions and subtle changes mentioned have me looking forward to a much different experience this year.

Obviously wait and see..... but those are a lot of changes... for the better.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #48
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

On QB animations presnap - having played the game at EA PLAY, my impression is that the game is too slow at the line of scrimmage right now.

I'm absolutely not a competitive player and I also probably have one of the slowest offensive tempos of any Madden gamer on this board, and even I was finding the delay between "time I call an audible / hot route" to "time I get to do something else" aggravating. Watching Tom Brady running around behind the line like a madman barking out signals looks really cool, yes, but I also want to do all the things I've been doing pre-snap in Madden for the past twenty years. That muscle memory isn't going away, there's no gameplay reason for the delay, and there's nothing I can do as a user to reduce the delay, so the end result for me is borderline frustration.

When I talked to Clint about my impression, my takeaway from him was that animations would be adjusted (wrt length and speed), but that the feature was absolutely staying in the game because the presentation of the quarterback position is especially important to the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »