Home

EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
On QB animations presnap - having played the game at EA PLAY, my impression is that the game is too slow at the line of scrimmage right now.

I'm absolutely not a competitive player and I also probably have one of the slowest offensive tempos of any Madden gamer on this board, and even I was finding the delay between "time I call an audible / hot route" to "time I get to do something else" aggravating. Watching Tom Brady running around behind the line like a madman barking out signals looks really cool, yes, but I also want to do all the things I've been doing pre-snap in Madden for the past twenty years. That muscle memory isn't going away, there's no gameplay reason for the delay, and there's nothing I can do as a user to reduce the delay, so the end result for me is borderline frustration.

When I talked to Clint about my impression, my takeaway from him was that animations would be adjusted (wrt length and speed), but that the feature was absolutely staying in the game because the presentation of the quarterback position is especially important to the team.
Thanks Chris for clarifying. That was my concern as it pertained to "the time it actually takes to perform pre-snap adjustments". While I usually only call one specific receiver hot, if the animation takes too long it could have an effect on simply doing that.

Also, 2 minute drills could be impacted. Hopefully they will also adjust offensive lineman near-warp running to the line of scrimmage as if someone threw a cheeseburger out onto the field. lol
Old 06-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Thanks Chris for clarifying. That was my concern as it pertained to "the time it actually takes to perform pre-snap adjustments". While I usually only call one specific receiver hot, if the animation takes too long it could have an effect on simply doing that.

Also, 2 minute drills could be impacted. Hopefully they will also adjust offensive lineman near-warp running to the line of scrimmage as if someone threw a cheeseburger out on to the field. lol
Isn't that the point of the animations though? First, for realism and a cool immersion factor, and second, it deters people from rewriting the play at the line, which would never happen in real life. There is a risk reward with it now. Don't want to expire the play clock? Don't rewrite the play...
Old 06-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #51
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Isn't that the point of the animations though? First, for realism and a cool immersion factor, and second, it deters people from rewriting the play at the line, which would never happen in real life. There is a risk reward with it now. Don't want to expire the play clock? Don't rewrite the play...
Exactly. And if someone"re-writes the play" at the line it should be because they called a full audible to an entire new play of their choice just not 7 hot routes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #52

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Chris: What's your opinion on player models? They look hulky to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Im curious to hear on this as well...
If you guys are trying to ask the author of the article you need to check the writer. All stories are posted with the same user ID.

The author of this article (found in the OP) is Matthew Llewellyn.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Chris: What's your opinion on player models? They look hulky to me.

The QBs especially are bulky in the shoulder pads, and talking to different people there, I was told they may get adjusted. Speculation at this point though.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint said there has been no discussions of the sort going on.

Exact quote: I’m not sure of the source of that information, but as of now, we have not had any intentions of removing QB Signature animations.

I am not going to double post, but something I overlooked in the article, PI caused by RPM. If that stays the course, I've been asking that for years.

I didn't get to ask Clint. This was more speculation from game changers at the event because they varied by QB and some of them took more time than others. The competitive guys were not a fan of this. Sim guys liked it a lot though.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Chris, did you feel the new player motion created an advantage to one side of the ball, particularly the offense?

I'm going to assume you're asking this question to the author, which is me. Every player on the field is governed by RPM. The flashy addition is to the running game. That's what everyone will notice first. However, there is a strafe burst that the defense can do that helps to keep it balanced. I didn't feel as if there was a huge advantage either way. User LBs won't be able to take away whole parts of the field anymore so in that way the defense for users has been a bit nerfed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
showing an in game animation of the QB in the stat overlay during the QB game intro is a small but nice touch that some of us have asked for. Does this mean the rookie Qb's will now have an animation as well instead of the team logo?

That I don't know. The station I had access to only had the Eagles, Patriots, and two all star type squads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »