Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #73
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

By far the best Madden I have ever played. Played 2 games so far on All-Pro and they were the most fun I’ve had with a Madden game. They could make some adjustments to the cpu running game but I only played 2 games so I dont have a big sample size. And maybe it can be bumped up a bit with sliders.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #74
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I was playing a game against the Redskins as the Browns and I was getting a little frustrated that the CPU running game was really struggling, then Guice ripped off a 43 yard TD run on a stretch play and juking the hell out of my last defender in his way. It was actually pretty cool.

But I do still think we might need a patch to address this issue. I feel the CPU should be running a little better.
Their consistency has been a concern the last couple years. It's nice to see the big scoring plays but it's still frustrating when the CPU averages 2 YPC outside of those huge plays.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #75
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm trying to enjoy the game but some things just kill it. The CPU picks me off at the 1 yard line with 33 seconds to go in the half. 1st play they run the ball for no gain and then call a time out. Next play they run for a 1st down and then run the clock down to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #76
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Loving all madden right now. The Cpu has been making some incredible plays against me. I had Wentz dead to rights twice and he managed to escape towards the sideline only to throw down field for a 20 yard completion right before going out of bounds
Old 08-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #77
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

IMO some of the training drills are infuriating. Utterly infuriating when getting gold depends on a coin flip due to a lineman just getting crushed.

Feels great, as the Broncos, doing the 3v3 drill and watching Von Miller blow my TEs up over and over and I get shut down in what is supposed to be a drill.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
Way too many interceptions by the cpu. The cpu defense is WAY WAY too good.

Nooo. Defense actually exists for the first time in forever. I hope EA doesn't dumb it down.

― Plato
Old 08-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #79
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Holy ****. For the first time in my Madden career I got a legit PI called and it was beautiful.

Ran a deep streak with the Chargers and the WR had his man beat by 2 full steps. The Cpu CB realized he was beaten, reached out and grabbed my dudes arm which spun him and prevented the catch. Then, the ref called the PI. I am legit stunned
Old 08-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #80
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

last year was the first Madden I've ever bought and never finished an entire season of franchise mode. this year theres a new first. first time I pre ordered Madden and played it on the first day but never even entered a game. I poked around in franchise mode for hours and just hated what I saw. CPU roster management continues to be abysmal. from my experience simulating a bunch of seasons and from what I've heard from some others, the CPU doesn't even use schemes as a factor in progressing their players or building their roster. the more you look into this 'new feature' the more shallow it gets. I'm actually just finding it to be an annoyance at this point. another cool addition to the game ruined by the fact the CPU can't be programmed to utilize it worth a damn.

I already handicap myself so much. cant do weekly training or I'll have an edge on the CPU. can't progress my players manually so they fit my scheme or its unfair. can't scout cause its too easy to find the good players in the draft. can't trade with CPU teams cause they're stupid. can't do this, can't do that. the list is actually getting bigger not smaller for me. its exhausting just thinking about it. am I ever going to be challenged? is it too much to ask that one of these years I'll have to scratch and claw to outmaneuver the CPU and build a better team then them, rather then handicap myself to high hell and back just to make it fair? and thats not even talking about what happens on the field. because I got so fed up with this, I turned my game off and I'm going to bed without even playing a game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »