Home

Long term progression

This is a discussion on Long term progression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Long term progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Players being rated to capture their true ability in real life versus players progressing in franchise are two very different things. A player in franchise shouldn't progress just because they put up stats

Ideas on how progression should work?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
The thing is, that one point upgrades several attributes. In past games, you'd get 10,000 + xp and would be able to upgrade around the same amount of attributes, if not less.

So how is a thing like run blocking determined then? There are no stats recorded in Madden for run blocking besides pancakes. Does run blocking just never get developed because there are no stats?

Offensive linemen get XP from team rushing and passing yards, run blocking will increase with upgrading the run blocking archetypes

Old 08-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No they didn't. Where the hell did you get that?

Lol, that's what I was going to say but I backspaced it all and rephrased...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Hear me out, I'll try to explain better.

So first we need to separate players in real life versus players in a franchise mode. When the Madden team is rating players in real life, they are making their best estimations of a players skillset, so often if a player has a breakout year, then their ratings will adjust accordingly. But, this is the team catching up to the player's true rating, so to speak. The player did not become better after that particular 12 catch 2 TD game, just the people rating him realized it.

The issue here is the disconnect between real life and franchise. In franchise, a player's TRUE rating is his rating when the franchise begins. That player is putting up stats with their current ratings. There is no catching up to do to rate them, because in that simulated franchise, that is their true rating, point blank. So thus, production does not lead to progression. They should be mostly or completely independent of each other in franchise mode.
I understand what you are saying, but imo it is heavily flawed. You're making it sound like Madden Franchise year 2 is coded like real life, while Madden Franchise year 1 is coded like a video game. MADDEN is a video game no matter how you look at it. When EA is rating the players, they are "catching up" to the player's true rating. Correct. So in order to keep the ratings accurate, this would need to be replicated in the game as well. Your POV essentially handicaps players who are rated lowly because they won't be able to make the same virtual progression as their real life counterpart could. Video game Alvin Kamara would be a 80 ovr, while real-life Alvin Kamara would be an 88 ovr. These are UNACCEPTABLE CONDITIONS
Old 08-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I understand what you are saying, but imo it is heavily flawed. You're making it sound like Madden Franchise year 2 is coded like real life, while Madden Franchise year 1 is coded like a video game. MADDEN is a video game no matter how you look at it. When EA is rating the players, they are "catching up" to the player's true rating. Correct. So in order to keep the ratings accurate, this would need to be replicated in the game as well. Your POV essentially handicaps players who are rated lowly because they won't be able to make the same virtual progression as their real life counterpart could. Video game Alvin Kamara would be a 80 ovr, while real-life Alvin Kamara would be an 88 ovr. These are UNACCEPTABLE CONDITIONS
Maybe I'm not following you correctly, but why would Alvin Karmara have to be 80 OVR year two? You can have a good franchise progression system where he is 88 OVR year two and that progression system could have nothing at all to do with stats. A good (non-stat) based progression system should have 2 or 3 break out rookies that shoot up in ratings quickly in their rookie year (not to mention many bust as well). Franchise mode can have a player rated low to start and progress quickly based on his potential rating, coaches, work ethic, and to some extent, playing time (experience). His ability to progress quickly (even during his rookie year) would be what then leads to stat output. Not stats equalling a rating.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #38
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Ideas on how progression should work?

Check out my signature. More details there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Disagree, why does he have to be an 80 overall? There are many ways to tackle that issue. But what I would argue is Kamara was never really a 78 overall or whatever, he was closer to that 88 he ended up with all along. We can tackle that issue a few ways as well.

But to the kamara point, if you put those stats up with a 78, then you did it with a 78. He's not suddenly a higher overall bc he put up stats

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger91
Maybe I'm not following you correctly, but why would Alvin Karmara have to be 80 OVR year two? You can have a good franchise progression system where he is 88 OVR year two and that progression system could have nothing at all to do with stats. A good (non-stat) based progression system should have 2 or 3 break out rookies that shoot up in ratings quickly in their rookie year (not to mention many bust as well). Franchise mode can have a player rated low to start and progress quickly based on his potential rating, coaches, work ethic, and to some extent, playing time (experience). His ability to progress quickly (even during his rookie year) would be what then leads to stat output. Not stats equalling a rating.
I'm saying that he SHOULD be able to jump from 78 to 88, but right now he wouldn't be able to.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:52 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1

my oline got no exps at the end of the season for rushing or passing yards, there isnt even an option in team tab to look at team goals ... oline will stagnate

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »