Home

Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

This is a discussion on Changes to the Speed Parity Slider within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #41
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

I believe the default is 50 post patch. The difference is if you liked the old default of 50 pre-patch, you would now use 75. The online default is the new 50, at least that's how I read it now.

So basically they agreed that the speed parity was an issue, so they increased the range. 50 now which is the default has the speed dispersed much better than it was before. For those that loved the out of the box setting can still have the same results if you use 75.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #42
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Played one game with it at 50, didn't really notice a change from 75 but I really didn't have any big plays where I could check it.

I'll keep it at 50 for now.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #43
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

3 more games on 50 and I'm sold. If JJ Nelson catches a ball without safety help, he's going to the house.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #44
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

After playing more games in my CFM, although I'm fine with this slider on the new default of 50, it seems to make the overall game slower. At 75, the game felt more like an NFL game to me, fast paced. (which is the old default)

I'm no expert, but my thoughts on this slider is while it may create more speed differential as you move it to the left, the game overall seems slower to me. (which makes sense since the speed differential is much bigger) It kind of reminds me of EA NCAA football, speed differential should be much higher playing that game since it's college football and speed is definitely more profound in college. In the NFL, while there are some high end speed players, it's much less of a differential than in college. After all, in the NFL these are the elite players.

With that thinking, I'm going back to 75 and will test some more, it just felt more realistic to me.

Thoughts?
Old 11-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #45
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
After playing more games in my CFM, although I'm fine with this slider on the new default of 50, it seems to make the overall game slower. At 75, the game felt more like an NFL game to me, fast paced. (which is the old default)

I'm no expert, but my thoughts on this slider is while it may create more speed differential as you move it to the left, the game overall seems slower to me. (which makes sense since the speed differential is much bigger) It kind of reminds me of EA NCAA football, speed differential should be much higher playing that game since it's college football and speed is definitely more profound in college. In the NFL, while there are some high end speed players, it's much less of a differential than in college. After all, in the NFL these are the elite players.

With that thinking, I'm going back to 75 and will test some more, it just felt more realistic to me.

Thoughts?
The game is Slower? I didn't get that feeling and I've had it at 25 after the patch thinking that was where it was supposed to be and since raised it to 45. Ido see I bit of a difference but I don't see it as the game being slower I see it as just the player speed ratings being what they are. Before the speed parity patch i put it at zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #46
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
The game is Slower? I didn't get that feeling and I've had it at 25 after the patch thinking that was where it was supposed to be and since raised it to 45. Ido see I bit of a difference but I don't see it as the game being slower I see it as just the player speed ratings being what they are. Before the speed parity patch i put it at zero.
Maybe it's just me, lol.. just doesn't feel as fluid to me on 50 opposed to 75. Players seem to get up to speed much quicker with it on 75.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #47
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Maybe it's just me, lol.. just doesn't feel as fluid to me on 50 opposed to 75. Players seem to get up to speed much quicker with it on 75.
Well the slower ones will a little but the overall game I don't think is slower. To see the difference,play it on a slower speed in gameplay settings to see everything slower. That I don't like as well as normal speed.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #48
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well the slower ones will a little but the overall game I don't think is slower. To see the difference,play it on a slower speed in gameplay settings to see everything slower. That I don't like as well as normal speed.
I play on normal, but I know what you're saying though on slow game speed (no way I could ever play on that setting).

On 75 to me, it just seemed like backs hit the holes quicker and got up to speed faster. I felt like I had more bursts into space, maybe I'm nuts. I felt like I could get to the outside quicker on runs as well. EA has a habit of putting vague descriptions in their sliders, they do that with NHL as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »