Home

Old 11-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #33
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
It has nothing to do with precision passing which is based on your LS input while throwing. It's simply to throw a low pass

Yeah. Well all I can tell you is what the controller instructions say and it says precision passing.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #34
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

I feel so stupid now. I was playing around in practice and never noticed that the icons light up when the receiver is open and ready to catch the ball and if you throw it to a receiver who's not got his icon lit up it's going to end badly. I have no idea how I never realized that until now. That pretty much solves all my problems.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-10-2018, 02:08 AM   #35
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I feel so stupid now. I was playing around in practice and never noticed that the icons light up when the receiver is open and ready to catch the ball and if you throw it to a receiver who's not got his icon lit up it's going to end badly. I have no idea how I never realized that until now. That pretty much solves all my problems.
Must be just for practice because I've never seen or noticed the icon light up for a open reciever in a game. I also always skip and sim thru practice, but maybe I'll try one tomorrow to see this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 03:10 AM   #36
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Must be just for practice because I've never seen or noticed the icon light up for a open reciever in a game. I also always skip and sim thru practice, but maybe I'll try one tomorrow to see this.

You're right. I don't think it does it during the games but seeing it in practice allows me to learn when to throw it and when not to throw it. If there's even a sliver of doubt don't chance it. I'm more confident doing a lot more scrambling now since I know how to slide to keep from fumbling.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #37
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Don't use the same **** over and over, trust me, you'd be surprised if you keep watching yourself how likely you are to make the same mistakes. Here are some really helpful tips:

1) Use PA like an Ace card. PA is broken and heavily scripted. It's a real boom or bust play so you have to be careful when you use it. If you don't use it correctly, it almost always results in either a turnover or a sack.

2) Work the defense. Run the ball and use short passes. Work guys open with different routes.

3) Don't trust your receivers. Michael Thomas in-game doesn't play like Michael Thomas irl. The AI is dumb and gives up on plays far more often than the players do in reality. Throw to the most open receivers and only throw contested passes when your guy has a clear advantage.

4) Take sacks or throw the ball away. If you try to the throw the ball while a guy is on top of you, it's almost ALWAYS a fumble. Just either take a sack or try and scramble away enough to throw it away.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #38
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Don't use the same **** over and over, trust me, you'd be surprised if you keep watching yourself how likely you are to make the same mistakes. Here are some really helpful tips:

1) Use PA like an Ace card. PA is broken and heavily scripted. It's a real boom or bust play so you have to be careful when you use it. If you don't use it correctly, it almost always results in either a turnover or a sack.

2) Work the defense. Run the ball and use short passes. Work guys open with different routes.

3) Don't trust your receivers. Michael Thomas in-game doesn't play like Michael Thomas irl. The AI is dumb and gives up on plays far more often than the players do in reality. Throw to the most open receivers and only throw contested passes when your guy has a clear advantage.

4) Take sacks or throw the ball away. If you try to the throw the ball while a guy is on top of you, it's almost ALWAYS a fumble. Just either take a sack or try and scramble away enough to throw it away.

I admitted last night that I realized on those interceptions that I wasn't giving the receiver enough open space to make sure the defense couldn't make a play on it.

As for everything else you said, I already do that. I routinely have 10 plus play drivers. I play on 12 minute quarters and take my time and end up with scores only in the 20s a lot of times.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I admitted last night that I realized on those interceptions that I wasn't giving the receiver enough open space to make sure the defense couldn't make a play on it.

As for everything else you said, I already do that. I routinely have 10 plus play drivers. I play on 12 minute quarters and take my time and end up with scores only in the 20s a lot of times.

Scoring in the 20's is about right for an NFL game. Only 5 teams in the NFL today 30+ a game. The average NFL team scores around 24 points per game.

― Plato
Old 11-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #40
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I'm averaging 30.5 ppg with the Chargers and 22.1 with the Aftershocks (formally Cardinals). Rosen has been out 8 weeks , David Johnson out 5 weeks. Johnson has four years left on his deal and is going on the trade block at 30 years old. Always hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »