Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #41
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Switch anything can get kinda funky if the D doesn't get pressure. I did a SP season where I ran the RNS playbook and mostly made my living off of the switch plays.
Omg, RNS is the plays I can't find. Which formation are they in?

Specifically the plays with the RNS name in them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #42
MVP

You need to use the Run and Shoot specialty playbook.

https://maddenfocus.com/formation/runandshootplaybook

I did a SP season with it. Decided not to pursue the franchise beyond that, but it was fun for a year. PIT is a very good team for this book. It was a lot like I remember the real life Run and Shoot. You couldn't stop me from throwing for a ton of yards every game, but I might take a bunch of sacks or throw picks that stop me from scoring.

The entire playbook is 10 personnel, so no TEs unless you sub them in. It make pass pass protection difficult especially since the AI will often spam blitzes. The run game is also a bit rough, but the downfield passing is a blast. There's also some really cool option routes that more or less do what you want them to.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #43
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

My go to play is the Middle Hi Lo, out of the Bucs's Shotgun > Gun Empty Base Flex formation. It works best when the DBs are in press coverage. I almost always hit up Mike Evans, for 30+ or Touchdown every time. touchdown. The other option is to flip the formation, and have Desean Jackson run Evans's route for the same results. I'll sometimes have to hot route the RB or TE on a slant over the middle to free up Evans or Jackson from the Safeties, so that they're one on one. I can reuse this play in hurry up mode and just keep hot routing the WRs based of of how the cpu or online opponent makes their adjustments. But it's usually money. I try not to abuse it , because it takes the fun out of the game.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #44
Rookie

12 personnel with double bang 8’s (skinny post ) Cam lets it rip as soon as DJ Moore sticks his foot in the ground to break toward the post and it’s a completion 8 outta 10 times.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Captures
The deep out has always been my favorite. The physic DB makes this more of a risk based on this years game the way it’s programmed. I think this year I like the switch and digs concepts the most.
I just figured out how to keep the outside third off your deep out. Send a vertical up the seam to the same side. Take a look at Gun Spread - Circle.

Don't let the play art fool you. That out doesn't break until 15 yards. It's an easy pitch and catch against C3 in practice, and you can create this with hot routes, obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Omaha is among my top 3 favorite concepts.

I love curl routes, myself. If I could throw all curls to really large-bodied WR all day, I would, with the occasional comeback in there.

I'm also a fan of the deep dig.

I rarely throw 4 verts; I'm afraid I'm gonna get warp picked. I also rarely throw corners or banana routes; I'm also afraid of picks on those throws, for whatever reason.

Four verts is one of my favs!
https://youtu.be/5zQJFWrhNcY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I just figured out how to keep the outside third off your deep out. Send a vertical up the seam to the same side. Take a look at Gun Spread - Circle.

Don't let the play art fool you. That out doesn't break until 15 yards. It's an easy pitch and catch against C3 in practice, and you can create this with hot routes, obviously.
Love the deep out, especially to the Z receiver. I run a play out of Gun Split with slot receiver running a deep post, Z deep out and HB on angle. I have success against man as long as I throw to the sideline just before receiver breaks and possession catch. If I see 2 deep safeties, the post usually wins and the angle route slices up the blitz.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #48
Rookie

I'm always weary of the out routes. If there isn't enough separation,especially in the red zone,those routes can easily be undercut and ran back for a td. I like deep post,slant routes(I even motion the RB to the slot and sent him over the middle) and smart route the in routes. TE on go routes in the seams have helped me spread the defense which opens the short in routes underneath. Wish there were more WR double move routes and routes that utilized a cut move before slanting,curling etc. Also think it would be cool for future Maddens to have a create a route feature where we could implement our created routes into games for certain receivers depending on their agility and speed ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »