Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #17
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

Anybody have video of them on offense? I'd love to watch how someone else runs their offense.

Here's a video of me on offense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s47ponyryHg

if you skip to 23:00 you'll see a good drive.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Many were probably thinking of deeper routes; at least I was. The 10 yard out was a staple for so long and now it's probably in the running for one of the worst in the game.
Wow, I am surprised to hear someone say that; I think it is the best in the game. It DOES take skill and smarts for sure....but it is one of the few routes in the game that doesn't result in BS 'psychic' plays by the CPU. If I throw a pick on that pattern, it is 100% because I did something wrong.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Funny enough I love the out, corners, and HB routes. It's funny seeing someone hating them because I've at times forced myself to not call them as I felt it was "cheesy" to call them as they can sometimes feel money.
TE corner routes used to be good but not in this game. Quick outs I don't find to be realistic in this game as CBs jump those in this game. Used to anyways, I haven't called one in a while.
I do like the HB angle routes and use it often.

I don't really have a fav route but I do slants quite a bit and short cross routes if I throw on 3rd and short. I have pretty decent success on 9 routes as well but only do it on press coverage and if the safety moves out.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 12-12-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I still hit the TE corner routes a at least once a game with Jordan Reed or Vernon Davis. Quick outs work all of the time against man coverage, but they will be jumped all the time if you are trying to run them against a zone. Same with the deep out also, but I don't run those as much mainly because I don't call a lot of plays that have them built in. The switch routes are slowly becoming more and more used by me. I hit on for a TD last night against the Patriots in my CFM.

Watch Switch routes for the win from PichardRetty on www.twitch.tv

― Plato
Old 12-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #21
MVP

Honorable mention to the hot route Block and Release out of the backfield. Absolutely destroys any type of C2 except hard flat especially when run underneath anything vertical. You can send the main play away from the HB and often end up with just a S to beat to the end zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #22
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

I get annoyed when throwing to a short slant over the middle or a long bomb to a deep post route. Every time I do it , it reminds me of how bad the QB throwing mechanics are and how bad the ball speed is when traveling through the air. The ball has an inhumanly tight spiral that makes it look fake, and the speed of the ball is way to fast. You really notice it during replays when they show the pass from the broadcast cam. The ball travels through the air like it was shot out of a cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2018, 02:16 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Someone had asked for videos earlier in the thread showcasing routes people like and how they use them. Here are a few more from me. First is another wheel route in the end zone for a TD. It can kill zones if the DBs don't communicate perfectly.

https://www.twitch.tv/pichardretty/c...e=7d&sort=time

Here is an out route working. This isn't a normal execution of it, it is a delayed throw as I let the zones develop, but it shows that the route can also work as more than a quick timing route.

Here is a corner route. I didn't throw this one with anticipation for the break in the route, my eyes were watching the man covering the out underneath. Once he was firmly committed to the underneath route I let it rip.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2018, 07:29 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Depends on the version of Madden.

In M19, it's the Texas route. Without even trying, I had Giovanni Bernard get 1,000 yards receiving due to this route and wheel routes.

I miss effective PA routes in M19. You just can't rely on them in M19. They can randomly be destroyed through no fault of your own.

WR screens suck, and always have. Just awful. RB screesn aren't good in Madden generally unless you have a very fast back but they're awful in M19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »