Home

X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

This is a discussion on X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: X-Factor and Superstar abilities: I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunDimer
I believe it is more of a CPU hit stick issue compounded by the Big Hitter trait. I just lost to the Cowboys because I lost 4 of 5 fumbles. Forced by X.Woods(2), J.Smith (2), and D.Lawrence (1). I had ball carrier on conservative and tried to cover the best I could, but the CPU seems to land hit sticks at a nearly flawless rate.
Agreed. I play with skins and Landon Collins was causing a few sacks a game. Saw somewhere recommending moving hit power from 93 to 83 (any lower and total player rating drops). Played a game after the switch with fumbles at 50 and Collins did not create a fumble.

1 game does not prove anything but i was glad to see the good early results. I also heard that newly generated players will not have such a high hit power so it should not persist in perpetuity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It needs to be toned down especially if you are a franchise player. Not all of them but pass rushers especially. And before you tell me how to keep extra blockers in and slide protection I'm not bitching about taking sacks. It's the CPU.

I play as the Bears and Mack just hit 50 sacks with two games left to play. I play All Pro almost default sliders. I never user Mack either. He is just overpowered. As are the other elite pass rushers. Keep em dominant, but they need to be toned down. He gets 3-8 sacks every damn game.

Big hitters don't bother me as much. The crazy stiff arm ability should be knocked down a little too IMO.
The thing with the pass rushers is the cpu isn't smart enough to use slide protections, keeping a TE or back in to block, etc. So yeah having a Mack or a Von Miller on your team, depending on how many minutes a qtr or plays, they're going to get an outrageous number of sacks. The cpu QB needs to get rid of the ball (more errant passes, lower completion % and stop taking so many sacks).

Playing against elite pass rushers is great because you are forced to strategize, know your check downs. Adds an element that was missing. I don't want to neuter this in order to keep my own sack numbers in check.

I rarely fumble even against the big hitters. I've fumbled once in my last 7 or 8 games. I'm not juking or doing special moves when I'm in a big hitters vicinity. Not taking clean shots and now I no longer fumble like when I first started playing '20.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
Rookie

I've loved the Xfactor stuff so far. I'm having to plan around these players and makes the elite guy really feel elite. Haven't had any issues with fumbles, most of the fumbles I've had have been because I tried to do too much instead of just taking what they give me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #12
MVP

IDK. I really like the idea but the system is needlessly convoluted and there are too many (often redundant) abilities.

Some of them are also very OP: most of the pass rush abilities are excellent and getting two secure protectors is a tall order no matter your game mode. It also comes at an obviously large opportunity cost. Having just one is easily exploitable.

Arm bar and Freight Train are also stupid as you can run Goal Line every play and expect to win every game even if they end up 14-10 or whatever.

Accuracy guarantees and the passing lead abilities are also insane.

With inside dead eye (perfect between the numbers) you can eliminate your need to pass lead on most of your throws and only need to worry about velocity and whether to go high, low, or neither. The only modifier that can nerf your accuracy is pressure. If you can get this stacked with fearless you can carve up defenses with ease because you can fit the ball into all but the tightest of windows, assuming adequate THP.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #13
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

It's a wonderful addition and if they fine tune / redesign some excessive aspects and add more variety plus show o-linemen some love... holy crap!!!
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #14
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Some of them definitely are gimmicks, some of them are good. There was no need for ones like the enforcer. We have hit power, tackle ratings as well as a big hit and ball strip skill. We definitely didn’t need an enforcer X factor on top of all of that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #15
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
The thing with the pass rushers is the cpu isn't smart enough to use slide protections, keeping a TE or back in to block, etc. So yeah having a Mack or a Von Miller on your team, depending on how many minutes a qtr or plays, they're going to get an outrageous number of sacks. The cpu QB needs to get rid of the ball (more errant passes, lower completion % and stop taking so many sacks).

Playing against elite pass rushers is great because you are forced to strategize, know your check downs. Adds an element that was missing. I don't want to neuter this in order to keep my own sack numbers in check.

I rarely fumble even against the big hitters. I've fumbled once in my last 7 or 8 games. I'm not juking or doing special moves when I'm in a big hitters vicinity. Not taking clean shots and now I no longer fumble like when I first started playing '20.
I'm with you, the CPU a.i. still has a long way to go in this game. But I love having to account for the other teams elite pass rushers, I don't think I've ever been nervous facing a pass rush in a game vs the CPU before 20.

As far as the fumbles, we've been spoiled with never really needing to utilize the protect ball mechanic. Now with the increased chance of fumble you will have to use cover ball instead of trying to put a move on around a big hitter. Maybe they could turn down the fumble frequency a little bit but since I started using the protect ball mechanic more often they've been less frequent. There's finally a risk and reward element to trying to put that extra move on a defender.

I do have a problem with enforcer though, they need to change it so players with this ability don't use a hit stick tackle every time. Yes players with this trait should use it more frequently and be more successful with it bit not every tackle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm getting used to dealing with pass rushers with Mack in my division. It's nice. It's also pretty easy to get defensive guys out of their zone. Having to move the ball a little is all it takes.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »