Home

Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franchise Mode Transfer Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franchise Mode Transfer Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 21 Next-Gen Release Date is Set For December 4

Think fans will be in for a letdown. EA overuses vague statements so much it is as if they explicitly said "its a port with graphic and load times upgraded"
Old 10-27-2020, 06:55 PM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franc

I like the December 4th release. If Madden goes on sale Black Friday like usual you can get a next gen copy for $25. Its possible I could convince myself to pull the trigger for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-27-2020, 07:51 PM   #35
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Releases on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4 - Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I like the December 4th release. If Madden goes on sale Black Friday like usual you can get a next gen copy for $25. Its possible I could convince myself to pull the trigger for that price.

Amazon had it for $30 last week. It’s gone back up now but I’m sure they’ll have it for that price black friday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #36
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransen
This. Think about it. This is an EA game. They sell tons of copies of Madden every year. Why would they offer a free upgrade to next gen? If this was an overhauled game they would be charging all of us the full price.

My expectations are low and I'm not expecting anything revolutionary with Madden. However, I could be wrong and they could surprise us with something special. Let's see what happens in December.

What if we're actually paying for the next gen version and the current gent version is what we're getting for free, lol.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #37
Rookie

All this emphasis on load times is getting a bit annoying. Am I the only one who doesn’t think load times are THAT big of a deal. If I have time to play video games....I got time to wait 1-2 minutes for the game to load right?
Old 10-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #38
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is why it is laughable when people try and point out how 2k is just as bad as EA these days. They aren't close and they haven't been close at all. 2k's had years where they didn't get as much done as fans had hoped, but their worst years still implement more changes for one aspect of the game than Madden gets for the entire game in its best year.

NBA 2k caught up to Madden despite the NBA being a less popular league this generation. I won't be surprised one bit if NBA 2k is the premier sports game not named Fifa moving forward with the new consoles. 2k clearly is taking advantage of the new hardware and isn't afraid of innovation nor are they reluctant to improve aspects that don't feed into microtransactions. Madden on the other hand...

2K may fail on any given installment but I feel that the company tries. It doesn’t always work but the effort is there. Same with SCEA and the Show.

I can’t say the same for Madden. The game is lifeless. All it has going for it is the NFL shield.

My 12 year old son and his friends have definitely gravitated towards NBA 2k. My son even says that Madden is literally the same game he remembers from the last 1-2 years. I tell him, try the last 15 years. When he asks, why do you still buy it? My answer is (1) I love playing with him and (2) I like the NFL. Unfortunately, I feel like I pay for a month of gaming at best.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoticeotis30
All this emphasis on load times is getting a bit annoying. Am I the only one who doesn’t think load times are THAT big of a deal. If I have time to play video games....I got time to wait 1-2 minutes for the game to load right?

That was my thought... and then I saw the 2K gameplay from today where they literally hit the start game button and immediately you're in the area. No delay at all. It was sick. Again, EA likely isn't going to execute at the level that 2K are, but what they did is sick.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:25 PM   #40
MVP

Next Gen features sound good on paper. However, if they still don't have refs on the field, real player sidelines, players still clipping through bodies after tackles, the ball still ghosting through stadium walls, etc. it will be a fail.

I really hope they addressed a lot of their legacy issues, improved player physics & collision detection post play. Please don't let us down EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »