Home

Madden 22 Wishlist..

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Wishlist.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 22 Wishlist..

What would be the ways they could improve the atmosphere for Madden. When I think NCAA games, I think they had a little more to work with as far as inspiration. School Traditions, bands and fight songs, cheerleaders, home field advantage, etc. I always felt Madden could have done a better job with capturing the NFL atmosphere.

-Improved Audio/crowds. It was one of the key features for Madden 21. But, they could do a better job of making you feel like you're in a full NFL stadium. Crowds and sidelines being more aware of what is happening mid-play.

-More on-field Player chatter. If they could add more player chatter in game, it could add to the atmosphere. More pre-snap chatter from the QBs and would want to see defenders call out looks. Also more pre-snap defensive movement.

-Real-time Presentation. I would like to see them go away from the cuts and more towards Real-time Presentation. If you aren't going to away from the cuts, then continue to make the transitions to gameplay more smooth and add more of common NFL actions cuts. Ideally, they continue to improve sidelines and between-play interactions. Players having more personality outside of celebrations.

-New Commentators. I don't dislike the pairing of Gauldin and Davis. I get the idea of having guys who would have more availability to do additional lines throughout the year. But after 5 years since Madden 17, I think it is time for a new pairing. Just hearing the new commentators and new lines, could add to atmosphere.

-Improved Presentation. They could cut back on the Next Gen Stats replays. That should only for a couple of the biggest highlights of game. I get they want to use their own EA-style broadcast instead of using the ESPN broadcast since they had the license. They should have their EA Broadcast be more reflective of TV-Style broadcasts

-Improved Pre-Half-Post game Presentation. That goes a long way of setting up and establishing the atmosphere. I don't like the set up post game where it jumps to a cutscene like the coach is reacting like he didn't know how the game played out. I always wanted to be see post game trigger when you do final kneel down. It is a immersion killer even when you do accelerated clock.

-Go back from the "Fast-to-Fun" approach. I get it when they removed some of the facets of the game in order to speed up the game. Like coin toss, huddle breaks, etc. I also understand if some were removed because of memory constraints of last gen like Refs and sidelines. But with these new consoles, they have the memory to go more in depth and add lot of stuff back and more. I get that you don't want to add stuff that people eventually skip through after a week or so. There are times where yes I want to get through a game as quick as possible. But, it does take away from the atmosphere, when you take away the "little things". That's what options are for. You could have a Reduced Presentation option like MLB the Show where it speeds up the game. A full Presentation option that gives you all the bells and whistles.
Old 05-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #74
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

OVR: 0

Would be nice if EA could put this in the game. I think it could add meaning to the preseason games in Franchise mode.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/?p=93385

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-29-2021, 07:56 AM   #75
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd be pretty happy with Madden 21 + coaching carousel and some meaningful system around coordinators.

May not get the full carousel and stuff, but feel like that's a pretty low bar since it appears we're getting coordinators in some form. This would be one baby step towards a chemistry system governing relationships between players, coaches, owners and teams.

Also I'd like to see the current gen (PS5/Series) version on PC, or I'm reconsidering my EA Play Pro sub.
No way that's good enough for me. I need to see a completely overhauled scouting system. Coaching carousel isn't nearly enough given the complete dearth of meaningful improvement in the last decade.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #76
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

In regards to games VS CPU in Play Now Mode: Have a regular huddle with players walking up to LOS. This is to allow the user time to look over the offense when playing defense. The CPU needs to spend more time before snapping the ball to allow the user time to make adjustments.

Post-play diagrams should be displayed after every play instead of conveniently disappearing after a fumble or interception, etc.

BAsically wish to see the Play Now mode be a little more about helping the user learn the game and have time to make the adjustments, learning the controls, which are required to be good online.

Would like to have all abilities and x-factors available for custom rosters to allow for easier practicing of abilities.

Like the ability to make adjustments to plays in practice mode and save them for use in playbooks.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:04 PM   #77
Rookie

Here's My Idea for Madden NFL 22.....

Since MLB The Show has Minor League Baseball Action why not Madden they will have all new Fictional Minor League Football Teams to be affiliated with the NFL, So I will call it the EA Sports Development Football League!

- The EA Sports DFL will be made up of 32 New Teams to be the Minor Leagues
- The Catch (as of 2021), 25 of the 32 NFL Teams do have Cheerleaders, These Cheerleaders who will have their likeness in will be assigned to the Minor Leagues! (However the Dallas Cowboys Minor League Squad will be consisting of Only the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and that's it.)
- The Remaining 7 Teams that Don't have cheerleaders (Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Chargers, New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers respectively) will have to create Minor League Teams from scratch by having a Tryout Search to determine whose name will be in the game in the EA Sports DFL for Madden 22!
- However the Roster will have 53 Players with another 53 assigned to the EA Sports DFL to all 32 Teams.
- And What About the Season?, The EA Sports DFL will have a 12 Game, 13 Week Schedule and it will start in September and ends in the First Week of December however the playoffs will start in the Second Week of December and will culminate with the DFL Championship Game on the Site of the Super Bowl which will be held on the Week Before the Super Bowl.

But That's Not All!, The CFL and the XFL will also be in as well and maybe the USFL In 2022, So Is That Okay when Madden wants a Fictional Triple-A Football League to be sponsored by the game publishing team of EA Sports?
Old 06-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

-Stadium Creator. That would be cool for Madden. I would love a create a dome with a retractable roof.

-Create a Team. Ability to upload Logos. In depth Uniform creator. Presets for the the type of team you want.

-Create a Player. Main change I want to see with CAP is add the Gameface Feature and add in Face Sculpting. It is old seeing the same face scans for the past decade. They added the Face Sculpting for FoTF, they need to add it for regular CAP. Also add Tattoos.

- Bring back the PS2/Xbox Madden Mini-Camp Drills. That would add depth to Franchise

-A tendency System. One of Madden's biggest issues for me is AI. They need a tendency system to differentiate how players act instead of scripting how the play should be ran.

-Create a Play. It would be cool to see a Create a play. One issue I could see is glitches, but it would bring depth for custom playbooks. It would save time from having to constantly audible plays

-Calender system in Franchise. It would be nice to be nice to be able to schedule out weeks in Franchise like in 2k5. Also, instead of detailing injuries immediately in game, save it for Mondays when players normally get MRIs. I would like to be set up game weeks, establish gameplans, get scouting reports for opposing teams, set point of emphasizes.

-Sidelines. I understand the memory constraints of last gen, but with this gen it shouldn't be as much of an issue. The solution shouldn't just be add more cutscenes between plays

Last edited by illwill10; 06-06-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
-Stadium Creator. That would be cool for Madden. I would love a create a dome with a retractable roof.

-Create a Team. Ability to upload Logos. In depth Uniform creator. Presets for the the type of team you want.

-Create a Player. Main change I want to see with CAP is add the Gameface Feature and add in Face Sculpting. It is old seeing the same face scans for the past decade. They added the Face Sculpting for FoTF, they need to add it for regular CAP. Also add Tattoos.

- Bring back the PS2/Xbox Madden Mini-Camp Drills. That would add depth to Franchise

-A tendency System. One of Madden's biggest issues for me is AI. They need a tendency system to differentiate how players act instead of scripting how the play should be ran.

-Create a Play. It would be cool to see a Create a play. One issue I could see is glitches, but it would bring depth for custom playbooks. It would save time from having to constantly audible plays

-Calender system in Franchise. It would be nice to be nice to be able to schedule out weeks in Franchise like in 2k5. Also, instead of detailing injuries immediately in game, save it for Mondays when players normally get MRIs. I would like to be set up game weeks, establish gameplans, get scouting reports for opposing teams, set point of emphasizes.

-Sidelines. I understand the memory constraints of last gen, but with this gen it shouldn't be as much of an issue. The solution shouldn't just be add more cutscenes between plays
All of this would make a massive difference and most of these features were top requests on Madden voice. If I see the demo of franchise mode and it has the same dumb/bad generic faces they've been using for the last decade it will show how much effort they really spent upgrading the Mode. Worst franchise mode currently of any eSport game. If it's in FOTF and The Yard it is unacceptable to not have it in franchise.

Team creator would be fun also. I feal EA will just give us a few extra teams to pick from but the community really wants customization... Calendar view and mini-camp would improve playability also...
Old 06-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
All of this would make a massive difference and most of these features were top requests on Madden voice. If I see the demo of franchise mode and it has the same dumb/bad generic faces they've been using for the last decade it will show how much effort they really spent upgrading the Mode. Worst franchise mode currently of any eSport game. If it's in FOTF and The Yard it is unacceptable to not have it in franchise.

Team creator would be fun also. I feal EA will just give us a few extra teams to pick from but the community really wants customization... Calendar view and mini-camp would improve playability also...
And that was more of a depth wishlist for me.

I do expect to see an "overhaul" of Franchise. I have ZERO belief that we'll see the same locker room repetitive sequences this year. I do expect to see different menu and UI for Franchise. Franchise as constructed wouldn't be terrible if it was the Online Franchise version of a deeper offline Franchise. CFM was better suited for Online Franchises that you're main objective is to get the basic NFL experience and getting through seasons as fast as possible. Franchise lacks depth and immersion, that's the biggest issues.

I can see them taking the lazy way out and just adding more location options and logos for Create a Team. Customization is what we want. I want a Calendar view because I want to go through a standard NFL game week, not just to Weekly Trainly, scouting, Progression, and everything essentially all at once. Offseason feels so lifeless in Madden. It would be nice to see Mini-Camps back

Also would be nice to see a Trade Finder and see Trading Block around the league. It would be cool to see what you could potentially get for an asset and also good to see what other teams have on the trading block and what they want for it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »