Home

Madden 22 Wishlist..

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Wishlist.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2021, 02:49 PM   #65
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Wishlist..

Completely overhauled Franchise.

And short of that, completely overhauled scouting and draft.

Like this:

Aside from that, give us the ability to use the Face of the Franchise face editor on every player in the game, including incoming rookies. The faces in the game are TERRIBLE. They are just god awful, and not nearly plentiful enough.

And finally, the ability to edit scheduling — including kick off time — would be cool. There's no possible way it could be that hard to put in the game, because doing so on PC is an absolute piece of cake. You just exchange teams (you do have to make sure you keep everyone at the right amount of games, of course, but Madden can make it so that it doesn't save unless you have a legitimate schedule).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2021, 10:25 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Aside from that, give us the ability to use the Face of the Franchise face editor on every player in the game, including incoming rookies. The faces in the game are TERRIBLE. They are just god awful, and not nearly plentiful enough.
100%. After 2 years into franchise most new players look the same (bad generic faces) and you're drafting clones of the same player... Dumb they didn't put the face editor from The Yard/FOTF into franchise. It was a popular request on Madden Voice... If I see the demo of M22 and it's the same faces staring at us that they've used for the past 8+ years it will be a hard pass for me. It will say a lot about their effort/focus for franchise this year also.

Wish EA would just copy NBA2K franchise mode (so much deeper) but that would actually require real effort...

Last edited by dvdsaba; 05-19-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:43 PM   #67
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
100%. After 2 years into franchise most new players look the same (bad generic faces) and you're drafting clones of the same player... Dumb they didn't put the face editor from The Yard/FOTF into franchise. It was a popular request on Madden Voice... If I see the demo of M22 and it's the same faces staring at us that they've used for the past 8+ years it will be a hard pass for me. It will say a lot about their effort/focus for franchise this year also.

Wish EA would just copy NBA2K franchise mode (so much deeper) but that would actually require real effort...
I will say that it probably wouldn’t be an easy thing to do, based on what I remember of the Franchise Editor for PC. It seems the generic faces and the FoTF editor faces are connected to the franchise differently. While that may reflect some on the tool used to peel open franchise data, I find it very likely that they are completely different as they appear to be.

So it would take some effort.

BUT there is a pretty easy workaround available for PC users: create a new player and then change the user status to AI, and then you have a fully functional player with the FoTF face. You can just copy and paste every other data point from the old player.

So, conceivably an algorithm could be made for that (swapping all non-face values to the new character, so it has all the same info as the player you wanted to edit).

But directly tying the new face to the player would probably be easier.

Anyway, speculation aside, the point is, it probably wouldn’t be easy, but it’s definitely possible.

The alternative is to create a bunch more — and better — generic faces.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:16 PM   #68
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba

The face have been in since Madden 08. So that's actually been 13 years. They've added a few more but not nearly enough.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The face have been in since Madden 08. So that's actually been 13 years. They've added a few more but not nearly enough.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they have added a few more faces over the years. But yeah, same face scans for over a decade. I don't know why they never implemented a face sculpting CAP feature and just fully randomize all generated players. It's not a top of list request for me, but it is an immersion killer to seeing the same faces all around the league.

I never had issues with Madden's visuals. But I wouldn’t mind them to a better job with skin textures and some other artistic elements. A lot of the Generated Face scans have a cartoonish look which stands out. I didn't play Madden 21 at all, but from the videos, didn't seem like a noticeable jump. The FoTF CAP cutscenes look terrible visually. They either have to allow Gameface into Madden or overhaul the CAP feature. Faces look way to Cartoony for a 2021 sim game

For me, Madden needs an overhaul at most of the game. So much of the game is still reflective of the foundation built in the early 7th generation. If there is a time to take a step back and build a new foundation, it's now heading into year 2 of the generation. I was expecting Year one to be a higher fidelity port, but there needs to be a next gen leap heading into year 2.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-23-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #70
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I think that after all these years I might finally get banned when Madden 22 comes out. I vehemently disagree with so much of the conversation around the game now, that I'm probably going to get out of pocket when people are saying things that I think are terrible opinions.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:36 AM   #71
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd be pretty happy with Madden 21 + coaching carousel and some meaningful system around coordinators.

May not get the full carousel and stuff, but feel like that's a pretty low bar since it appears we're getting coordinators in some form. This would be one baby step towards a chemistry system governing relationships between players, coaches, owners and teams.

Also I'd like to see the current gen (PS5/Series) version on PC, or I'm reconsidering my EA Play Pro sub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #72
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think that after all these years I might finally get banned when Madden 22 comes out. I vehemently disagree with so much of the conversation around the game now, that I'm probably going to get out of pocket when people are saying things that I think are terrible opinions.
You and me both...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »