Home

Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Quite a fun mix. Like mimicking training camp.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Yes, that is the idea. Along with not allowing perennial playoff teams get so much more xp from training and playing those games and having the same dominant teams for twenty years. It may work better if they fix progressive fatigue and playoff contenders are resting and out of it teams are maximizing training late in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #26
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Surprisingly complicated question with two parts.

1. Gameplanning - If you don't wish to do any weekly strategy that's fine and cpu will manage it for you. The suggested offensive and defensive strategies are based on the opposing team profiles (a nice touch), you will automatically be in full pads (+5/+3 attribute bonus) AND the cpu does manage progressive fatigue for you and when starters get into the 80 range they'll auto plan splits on the affected position groups (a very nice touch). The focus training players will very likely be recent draft class rookies so reasonably optimised. So when you head to game lobby the cpu will have processed all weekly strategy for you.

2. Switching teams to play - A heavy handed solution here is to do offline commissioner mode (32 owner mode). That way you can switch between profiles with ease depending on what game you want to play - but there are no real owners this year so it means creating 32 new owners which is time consuming and owners suffer from a lack of updates and scenarios. Single owner mode online wont work due to the legacy lock out bug. Coach mode offline will also work and single coach mode online will also work by retiring/create new coach each week BUT you use the existing real coaches each time for ease and so that custom coaches don't disappear into retirement.

Could you explain how to do the 32 different owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2021, 01:15 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am approaching xp differently. XP sliders at 300 preseason through week 1 of regular season. XP sliders at 70 through season and at 25 during playoffs.
Interesting. I like this idea. Any cool scenarios so far using it? Have you noticed any effects long term?
Old 09-28-2021, 04:16 AM   #28
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Could you explain how to do the 32 different owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Will add an extra section with listed owners but here's how to start setting it up. It's long and tough and you miss out on coach scenarios.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1161451741

Also, forgive me, I used the controller mic (creates echo) and hadn't had my coffee yet (zzzz).
Old 09-28-2021, 04:21 AM   #29
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Yes, that is the idea. Along with not allowing perennial playoff teams get so much more xp from training and playing those games and having the same dominant teams for twenty years. It may work better if they fix progressive fatigue and playoff contenders are resting and out of it teams are maximizing training late in the season.
Any team that has a young good QB will stay dominant if they retain the QB I bet (hence why my XP sliders for QBs are much lower).

Also worth noting that when I start a franchise I turn all X-Factor QBs down a dev and then back up a dev. The reason for this is that in all my sims (for coach carousel, XP sliders etc) I never see Mahomes and Jackson regress from X-Factor unless this is done. They might have a regression protection being the young superstars that they are but it's only a theory (shout out to Fraser again for pointing it out). That could help you settle teams down over 20 seasons.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #30
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Added brief instructions and recommendations on how to set up an offline 32 user league (Commissioner Mode).

They're good for putting trades back into franchise but it's slow and there's trade offs between owner and coach mode.

I've also posted a list of all 32 owners but also 32 GMs which I prefer.

Note: Make sure to save a backup of your 32 league once set up as there is a bug affecting offline franchises where they will no longer load and therefore corrupted. Restarts needed.

Last edited by Mattanite; 09-28-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:52 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart1331
Interesting. I like this idea. Any cool scenarios so far using it? Have you noticed any effects long term?

It creates some training camp battles where young players can catch up with a veteran on the depth chart. Not many, even at 300, two points is a lot to get. But it adds up over their first three camps. It helps cpu controlled teams that only care about overall when setting depth charts. If a young players moves to second on the depth chart over the 29 year old veteran it makes a difference in their potential long term. Madden is awful at washing out non starting veterans. In reality tons of veterans find themselves without contracts each year to make room for drafted and undrafted young players. Madden won't get rid of an older higher overall player to make room for a little lower rookie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Any team that has a young good QB will stay dominant if they retain the QB I bet (hence why my XP sliders for QBs are much lower).

Also worth noting that when I start a franchise I turn all X-Factor QBs down a dev and then back up a dev. The reason for this is that in all my sims (for coach carousel, XP sliders etc) I never see Mahomes and Jackson regress from X-Factor unless this is done. They might have a regression protection being the young superstars that they are but it's only a theory (shout out to Fraser again for pointing it out). That could help you settle teams down over 20 seasons.
For sure variability is needed in development especially among qbs but not just quarterbacks. Basically, any year madden comes out, the great players from the real year before are going to be hall of fame players as long as they are not already old. Every running back that had a great year is going to be a 10,000 yard rusher in Madden as long as they are not old guys. Same with qb;. Wr and te may vary but not much. More system dependent. I wish I could just push a button and randomly assign development traits each season. That would keep it interesting to me. Right now it is all too predictable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »