Home

Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

Do you have an opinion on Deshaun Watson's trade value (in-game specifically). I'm contemplating doing a Texans rebuild, but would either trade him at the deadline or at season end without having him play a snap (as per real life).

I've been using your trade chart in my other save, and I like it, but QB value is harder to assess.

Given there's only three slots per trade, either three firsts or a player + picks combos would be realistic.

Ideas:

Broncos - Fant, Jeudy, 1st
Eagles - Hurts, 2 x 1st
Dolphins - Tua, 2 x 1st

Think Lions, Eagles, Giants, Jets all have multiple firsts this year, so trading for them and a future first would be viable. Although I would probably consider it realistic that Giants or Jets are trying to move on from their QB.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #50
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcain
Do you have an opinion on Deshaun Watson's trade value (in-game specifically). I'm contemplating doing a Texans rebuild, but would either trade him at the deadline or at season end without having him play a snap (as per real life).

I've been using your trade chart in my other save, and I like it, but QB value is harder to assess.

Given there's only three slots per trade, either three firsts or a player + picks combos would be realistic.

Ideas:

Broncos - Fant, Jeudy, 1st

Eagles - Hurts, 2 x 1st

Dolphins - Tua, 2 x 1st

Think Lions, Eagles, Giants, Jets all have multiple firsts this year, so trading for them and a future first would be viable. Although I would probably consider it realistic that Giants or Jets are trying to move on from their QB.
How sim do you want to be? There's a reason Watson hasn't shifted yet, plenty madden talent but real nfl asking price too high.

Again, how sim do you want to be? The team that trades for him will have a competitive roster and won't shoot themselves in the foot to get them... So Broncos are a good shout but with less players and more picks (think of the team states outlined above, reload/contending teams buy to get stronger). Eagles and dolphins are also semi competitive. 2x 1sts seems reasonable but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for more in other leagues.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2021, 06:34 AM   #51
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

As an addition to above, Drew Lock and 2 1sts would seem reasonable. Most teams will want to move away from their "potential franchise QB". Teams wouldn't trade away pieces if it hurt their team state unless they had a full stable (wr Jeudy etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2021, 03:50 AM   #52
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Scouting breakdown is underway, but early on I really recommend a few things:

Trial it a few times through to end of draft in a solo league if you're in a online user league. Mistakes can be VERY costly.

Don't click on the focus scout scenario until you've scouted who you want to focus scout separately as clicking on the scenario or backing out without finishing will lose your focus scouts without any new info!

EA are aware there's a bug in offseason focus scouting where they get used but don't increase the first two players.

You can hire/fire scouts and set region in preseason but only set position focus in reg week 1,miss it and you're stuck at the cpu selections.

Use the favourites list all through the season ready for draft day. Drafting without a favourites is horrid as it takes longer to scan player tiles. You'll only see about 5 players before clock forces you to make a pick.

Initial impressions are - this is brutal! I'm loving the chaos and randomness but you need to plan well ahead to get it right. It'll be hard for everyone to adjust to having much less info in order to draft but creates more sim outcomes. Hard to master and gain consistency.

Last edited by Mattanite; 10-13-2021 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:50 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Scouting breakdown is underway, but early on I really recommend a few things:

Trial it a few times through to end of draft in a solo league if you're in a online user league. Mistakes can be VERY costly.

Don't click on the focus scout scenario until you've scouted who you want to focus scout separately as clicking on the scenario or backing out without finishing will lose your focus scouts without any new info!

EA are aware there's a bug in offseason focus scouting where they get used but don't increase the first two players.

You can hire/fire scouts and set region in preseason but only set position focus in reg week 1,miss it and you're stuck at the cpu selections.

Use the favourites list all through the season ready for draft day. Drafting without a favourites is horrid as it takes longer to scan player tiles. You'll only see about 5 players before clock forces you to make a pick.

Initial impressions are - this is brutal! I'm loving the chaos and randomness but you need to plan well ahead to get it right. It'll be hard for everyone to adjust to having much less info in order to draft but creates more sim outcomes. Hard to master and gain consistency.
dont see how you can play the game without them fixing the focused scouting bug
Old 10-13-2021, 05:13 AM   #54
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
dont see how you can play the game without them fixing the focused scouting bug
There's time for slower advance user leagues as we won't hit that point for a month, enough time to find the bug and update.

Missing the focus train by cancelling scenario and backing out is a harsh design feature not a bug too.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:32 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
There's time for slower advance user leagues as we won't hit that point for a month, enough time to find the bug and update.

Missing the focus train by cancelling scenario and backing out is a harsh design feature not a bug too.

no I meant some people including myself are straight up not getting any points in the focus training whatsoever. I got mine for the offseason focus training, but the week 11 (?) focus training did not go through for me at all on any of the 3 players.

with already such limited opportunities to get scouting above certain %'s, it just seems so luck based at this point - they need to fix it ASAP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #56
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
no I meant some people including myself are straight up not getting any points in the focus training whatsoever. I got mine for the offseason focus training, but the week 11 (?) focus training did not go through for me at all on any of the 3 players.

with already such limited opportunities to get scouting above certain %'s, it just seems so luck based at this point - they need to fix it ASAP.
Thanks for your info, I've forwarded your feedback to the madden team. Needs a fix much quicker then.

There is a method that makes scouting a bit easier but needs a friend to do it for you or it ruins scouting randomness.

Basically in draft class edit move all off ball lb to mlb, move all pass rushers to olb spots, move all dl to dt, move all ss to fs, move all inside ol to C and all OT to LT. The cpu gets confused but then you're scouting far more players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »