Home

Things missing from Scouting Update

This is a discussion on Things missing from Scouting Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2021, 09:30 PM   #33
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Things missing from Scouting Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faikanese
I already know... But, can someone tell me whats wrong in this picture? Its for both Kickers and Punters
They need to remove "Injury" as a key rating and replace it with "Kick Power".

Throw Short Accuracy is probably the third or fourth most important factor in Madden. You do not want floppy arm out there throwing a pass on a fake punt or kick.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-14-2021, 12:06 AM   #34
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They need to remove "Injury" as a key rating and replace it with "Kick Power".

Throw Short Accuracy is probably the third or fourth most important factor in Madden. You do not want floppy arm out there throwing a pass on a fake punt or kick.

I dont know If Throw Short Accuracy should be a key rating for a Kicker or a Punter.

Kick Power should be in there somewhere for key ratings and better notes.

Last edited by Faikanese; 10-14-2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #35
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faikanese
I dont know If Throw Short Accuracy should be a key rating for a Kicker or a Punter.

Kick Power should be in there somewhere for key ratings and better notes.
I think the problem is that for a kicker/punter in Madden, there is not four key ratings to pay attention to for them to do their job.

There is only two. Kick Power and Kick Accuracy.

Awareness does not seem to have any effect on kickers (or anyone really.)

Injuries are useless because I do not think I have ever seen a kicker get injured (even though I have tried to injure the kicker in frustration.)

If I have to be forced to pick more then two key ratings, the only other things that I can think of that matter for a kicker or punter is their ability to run a fake pass (Short Throw Accuracy/Throw Power) or a fake run (Speed/Acceleration.)

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I think the problem is that for a kicker/punter in Madden, there is not four key ratings to pay attention to for them to do their job.

There is only two. Kick Power and Kick Accuracy.

Awareness does not seem to have any effect on kickers (or anyone really.)

Injuries are useless because I do not think I have ever seen a kicker get injured (even though I have tried to injure the kicker in frustration.)

If I have to be forced to pick more then two key ratings, the only other things that I can think of that matter for a kicker or punter is their ability to run a fake pass (Short Throw Accuracy/Throw Power) or a fake run (Speed/Acceleration.)

Regarding the injury part, in my franchise I lost Tress Way for 4 games due to an injury on a punt I played out and did not sim. This was the first time I ever had a K or P get hurt in all my years of playing Madden or NCAA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 10-14-2021, 10:30 AM   #37
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Regarding the injury part, in my franchise I lost Tress Way for 4 games due to an injury on a punt I played out and did not sim. This was the first time I ever had a K or P get hurt in all my years of playing Madden or NCAA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just always assumed they coded it for them to never get hurt, just like I have never seen a team have to go to an "emergency" quarterback in Madden.

That is awesome that a punter actually got hurt in the game, though. Did they fix the issue from years ago where if your kicker had to punt, it only went like ten yards?

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
The fact that Bengal spotted about 5 things in probably 2-3 hours of gameplay really says it all.
If you read their recent interview about Madden, you can hear their arrogance and tone about bugs. They feel like the community is largely just making bugs seem like they are worse than they are, one off bugs that aren't happening to anyone but a small minority, and their excuse is that the game or mode is "playable". There isn't any accountability at all, these are answers they give on the record about this stuff.

I've known for years they don't truly play franchise mode. They say they do, but they don't or else some issues wouldn't still be here. One small issue is on legacy scouting, anytime I tried to reorder my draft board board, that screen got stuck so it would say "reorder draft board" even when I backed out and I'd have to quit game or just not use the board. That was the case for madden 21 and 20. So it wasn't new, and I know I wasn't the only one who had that bug. But to them, the game mode was "playable" so that is as far as they look into franchise. The mode needs people who actually play the mode and are passionate about it.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #39
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
If you read their recent interview about Madden, you can hear their arrogance and tone about bugs. They feel like the community is largely just making bugs seem like they are worse than they are, one off bugs that aren't happening to anyone but a small minority, and their excuse is that the game or mode is "playable". There isn't any accountability at all, these are answers they give on the record about this stuff.

I've known for years they don't truly play franchise mode. They say they do, but they don't or else some issues wouldn't still be here. One small issue is on legacy scouting, anytime I tried to reorder my draft board board, that screen got stuck so it would say "reorder draft board" even when I backed out and I'd have to quit game or just not use the board. That was the case for madden 21 and 20. So it wasn't new, and I know I wasn't the only one who had that bug. But to them, the game mode was "playable" so that is as far as they look into franchise. The mode needs people who actually play the mode and are passionate about it.

After hearing S GRADDY and Clint discuss the overall game I wonder why are they even on the MADDEN team? They have zero interest in actually receiving feedback from real franchise players and their energy level is at -100. They care about the casual gamers and the MUT GAMERS. That might be due to the executive influence but dam, then quit and go work for another company.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Making suggestions for the future is great. It always seems that criticism far out weights appreciation for the good. I love my football but...IT'S A GAME!!!!!!!!! And if you step back and consider what goes into doing a game like this...it is amazing. I guess you have to be older to appreciate what this is instead of what it isn't compared to years ago. Young users were born into the electronic age and really have little appreciation of the accomplishments. Yes, EA could do a better job most likely and be more responsive but...everyone has a different opinion as to what is most important so there will always be complaints. These are the angry days... Get out...go for a walk, a bike ride...that is what is really important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »