Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #57
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox
why should the problems have to be pointed out to the developers?
It's an obvious flaw where ballcarriers have this forcefield around them that isn't present in other football games including those from last gen.

And there were threads up about this problem much earlier in the year.
There were but at least to me, it seems like it has increased in rate compared to earlier this gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
but if it is true, what is wrong with that? Doesn't that have to do with someone being enlightened?

but what we are vocal about in this thread is VERY important and it can, imo, advance gameplay drastically....if enlightening others about this issue helps all of us gamers in the long run...I don't know why some would have a problem with it.

if we are not vocal...then nothing will get done......as well as when others downplay issues for what ever reason...... I just read some say in another thread that they don't have a problem with progressive lighting not being brought back to Madden....as a developer if you read that....if you didn't have much motivation before when deciding on an issue....comments like those will just give you the out you were looking for...

just look at the running animations, they are an embarrassment to this generation....these are expensive HIGH tech machines we payed for.....EA Sports has the resources...they have the money....but it seems who ever is in charge of Madden doesn't have the will to fix a basic issue........its a damn running animation which is essential to football, put some of those little bright balls on me and let me run around the high tech facility...I'll do it for free and I'm sure others here would as well.

Heh, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with saying what you feel is wrong with the game. I do it. Also, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with recently finding something wrong with the game and then wanting that problem to be fixed.

All I was saying is something that seems to be the case to me (an observation). Find it kinda funny how everything that's a critique about some people that state problems with the game translates to some as one saying "they shouldn't critique it".

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-17-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
There were but at least to me, it seems like it has increased in rate compared to earlier this gen.
well yeah, as they fix more things in the game going forward the problems that haven't been touched become more apparent.

After playing NCAA and noticing how much the locomotion has improved, the defenders falling off of the ballcarrier sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #59
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

tumbleweed?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

tumbleweed?

right, because that happens on 1 play in the NFL means its ok if it happens on every play in both NCAA and Madden games.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

tumbleweed?
Can you show me where the forcefields at in that video?BECAUSE THERE ARE FORCE FIELDS IN MADDEN?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
That seems to be (at least to me) the case with a lot viewers that watch youtube videos that point out flaws with the game.

Yeah some may have noticed the same problems with the game before the videos were made, but I'm pretty confident in saying that if it wasn't for the youtube vids, the majority of people that follow the madden-problem youtube vids wouldn't even see and/or recognize the problems. Some act as if they have been tired of Madden having the problems for years now when it's obvious that some are acting that way just because it was recently pointed out to them on youtube.

The simple fact that people use "apex buzzwords" instead of talking about problems and/or saying what they want in the game in their own words pretty much proves it.
I couldn't disagree more with this post. Many of us that played all of the older games noticed most of the flaws in Madden WAY before YouTube was even around simply because when you are used to certain things in a different game, then you play Madden and you notice those things are NOT there. It has nothing to do with Youtube. Contrary to what you are insinuating here, people don't "enjoy" hating on Madden. I know I don't, but it sucks when things like this are not in the game since it's the only NFL game. It has nothing to do with Youtube.

Not trying to bash your post, Bgamer, as I respect your opinion, just stating my view point with regards to the issues in Madden and how they are noticed.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

tumbleweed?
Ok, you must not watch NFL football on a consistent basis. To put it simply, these plays don't happen that often in real life but happen often in Madden. If you need another example, look no further than the David Tyree catch animation.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #64
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I couldn't disagree more with this post. Many of us that played all of the older games noticed most of the flaws in Madden WAY before YouTube was even around simply because when you are used to certain things in a different game, then you play Madden and you notice those things are NOT there. It has nothing to do with Youtube. Contrary to what you are insinuating here, people don't "enjoy" hating on Madden. I know I don't, but it sucks when things like this are not in the game since it's the only NFL game. It has nothing to do with Youtube.

Not trying to bash your post, Bgamer, as I respect your opinion, just stating my view point with regards to the issues in Madden and how they are noticed.
And again, I never said that it's true for everyone. It does seem to be the case for many though.\

Also, I never said that people enjoy hating on Madden. My post was an observation solely on how problems about the game become seen more and more on people's lists when they weren't in years past.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-17-2010 at 10:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »