Home

How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

This is a discussion on How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm willing to support that. I think we need more sim leagues ran on OS personally. Leagues in a sim format would go a long way at bringing the online experience alive for those who stay offline.
Exactly. I feel like a strong central hub, using online communities, will allow for a pool of gamers that want to play football, perfect for recruiting and forming various CC online leagues.

Danimal posted something recently that has sparked my interest in a "M12 coach mode" league for M13, where everyone commits to just handling play calling on the field. I know that's not for everybody but it's just an example of getting gamers that would normally only play offline, interacting with like minded gamers, online.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yeah, I don't know all the details, but I can tell you sliders do not work user v user in any EA football game, and haven't for a long time.
Hey Rob, there is someone in the slider section that says they have created an online slider set that effects User v User games. We had a small discussion about it here and I want to hear your thoughts. I am just trying to get an understanding for what M12 sliders can and can not effect.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...60-online.html
Old 07-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #35
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Hey Rob, there is someone in the slider section that says they have created an online slider set that effects User v User games. We had a small discussion about it here and I want to hear your thoughts. I am just trying to get an understanding for what M12 sliders can and can not effect.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...60-online.html
I did remember reading something about sliders working in Online communities. What I would suggest you do is test this. Create an online community 0 out all the offensive sliders and max all the defensive sliders and play a friend within your created community.

I can't find a link but I do remember that being one thing EA trumpeted about online communities going into Madden 12.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I did remember reading something about sliders working in Online communities. What I would suggest you do is test this. Create an online community 0 out all the offensive sliders and max all the defensive sliders and play a friend within your created community.

I can't find a link but I do remember that being one thing EA trumpeted about online communities going into Madden 12.
Great, now all I need is a friend. lol

Seriously tough, that is a good idea by zeroing out everything to make sure it's not just a placebo.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #37
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

This is interesting.
I would never even consider playing randoms online these days but I would definately like to do something like this where I can play some guys from os.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #38
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Fair warning, I'm the Raiders in OS Vets and this is my plan:
  1. I no huddle half the game and make 30 audibles at the line -- learn how to stop it son!
  2. Punting is for punks.
  3. Onside kick every time -- the other team can't win if they can't get the ball.
  4. Heck yeah I drop 11 in coverage -- all I need is my DT to rush.
  5. Coach told me to get to the outside -- he never specified when.
  6. 4 wide slants? Only until you sit on them, then its 4 verticals.
  7. If the ref doesn't call it, it didn't happen!
  8. I don't have Bradford but I have Dozier -- he's a 48 speed terror.
Did I forget to mention I'm sim? LOL
And we're in the same division! Good thing I have a PVR and will expose you!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #39
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am pretty passionate about this topic because I feel like OS has lots of gamers I would enjoy playing against over the internet but the majority of those gamers have a understandable negative impression about online play. Even though there are many things I would like to see EA/Tiburon do at the company level to make online play more inclusive, I refuse to just twiddle my virtual thumbs in the meantime.

First off I would like to see OS management and Mods along with its' members get involved with creating OS endorsed online communities with certain guidelines, settings and slider sets. In M12 I felt like the OS online community came out the gates strong but tapered off, in part due to some limitations of the community feature itself, like no lobbies. I have no idea if online communities will have lobbies in M13 but I think we can still improve their lasting appeal with predetermined guidelines, settings and slider sets.

What I am thinking of is maybe two OS endorsed M13 Online communities, one set to All-Madden and the other to All-Pro difficulty, both with agreed on OS member created slider sets best suited each difficulty settings. Next simple guidelines for both OS OCs, not hardcore rules, that just emphasize playing football and respecting each other.

I am not so delusional as to believe everyone even from OS will agree with every opponents playstyle but my belief is that this can be the jumpoff for more like minded OS gamers to interact. IMO, that's where I hope the respect factor comes in so if your OS OC opponent does not agree with your playstyle or vice versa, let that be known as early as possible, not after being down 10+ and do a friendly quit, to move to potentially find a more compatible gamer. These interactions can then potentially lead to changing the stigma associated with online play for some and make for a bigger pool for potential league members for current and yet to be created Connected Career online leagues.

Well that's my thoughts on it in a nutshell and I want to hear what others think about something like this and any ideas they have on how this could be done in a successful way.
What would you do to make online play more inclusive?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #40
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I remember back in the maddenmania days we'd have to play 3 tryout games to get the code to the private lobby.

((cuff))

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »