Home

FBG Rated rosters for PS3

This is a discussion on FBG Rated rosters for PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FBG Rated rosters for PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The real question is, why are EA ratings so high?

I challenge someone to come up with 20 players over the course of NFL history, that truly deserve to be rated 99. EA seems to come up with 20 every year.

I'll name one:

Jerry Rice
This is much exaggerated lol, EA rankings (though poor) have stopped ranking players so high, cant remember which madden they started doing this. (but now there are usually fewer than 3 rated 99 OVR. And there are probably more than 20 players deserving of a 99 rating in madden, in NFL history IMO...
Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Demarcus Ware, the recently late Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Tony Gonzalez
thats 9 CURRENT players off the top of my head who, if not now, were once a 99 OVR unstoppable force.
Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Gale Sayers, Jim Brown, Deon Sanders, Ladainian Tomlinson, Lawrence Taylor, Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Joe Green, Rod Woodson, Jon Ogden,
thats 23 already lol without looking at anything... :P
But lets be honest, i dont care what bs FBG feeds us, ratings are more an opinion than any science. It is in alot of cases a guessing game.
FBG has stated that they get their info from one scout from one team, there are 32 teams all with prob totally different rankings/views of players, none of which are perfect.
And that is a big part of why the sport is so popular, it is wildly inconsistent. True drama, one will have more success predicting and explaining the weather.

Another thing about the low ratings is the new EA ratings system, which FBG has not yet implemented, so the players are all rated about 8-10 OVR points below what FBG intended. And i imagine this will be corrected in the near future.

All that said i do believe FBG ratings to be superior both in relative ratings and gameplay, and cant wait for Blaze and co to release their final version.

This is by no means a discredit to FBG, but some of their ratings are very wacky,,,such as Julio Jones and AJ Green having same/lower catch rating than Greg Little (this is an absolute joke and they should be ashamed)

but overall i really like them, i give them kudos

Last edited by DerekHupp; 09-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #442
Rookie

OVR: 1

just to give an update we have a few more changes to do and we will be done. we are looking at about 1 day or so left and we will release the roster to the public. So just hang in there a couple more days and version 2.0 of the FBG ratings roster will be released
Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #443
Rookie

eds133's Arena

OVR: 2

Got to say i played my first game with your old rosters and loved them. Can not wait for these to come out so I can start my franchise.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #444
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

How will IR injuries be handled, since EA probably won't fix it?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #445
Rookie

well IR players are going to be on the roster since the IR doesnt really work well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #446
Rookie

OVR: 0

where can i down load these rosters from..FBG
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #447
Rookie

they are not done yet but once they are you will be able to download them from the madden share on ps3
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #448
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveman84
well IR players are going to be on the roster since the IR doesnt really work well.
Shoot, I meant in regards to depth charts... I forgot to add that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »