Home

Finding balance using sliders

This is a discussion on Finding balance using sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Finding balance using sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
OP,

You start by saying the same slider must stay 100 like wrcatch 35/65 but then u say it's two sliders like user tackle 30/ cpu break tackle 70

???????

QB Accuracy/Pass Reaction=100 (USER 40 CPU 60/ CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
Pass Block/Pass Rush=100 (USER 45 CPU 55/ CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
WR Catch/Interceptions=100 (USER 70 CPU 30/CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
Broken Tackles/Tackling=100 (USER 55 CPU 45/CPU 55 USER 45)100/100
Run Block/Block Sheding=100 (USER 45 CPU 55/60 USER 40)100/100
Fumble/Fumble=100 (User 50 CPU 50/CPU 50 USER 50)100/100
RD React time=100 (User 50 CPU 50/CPU 50 USER 50)100/100

The sliders I have side by side must equal 100. Look at it again, and think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

I think you may have cracked the code here.

I have tried many different slider sets on here from all the popular gurus, and none have produced the type of game play I'm getting by employing your theory.

I need to test some more (I am on line CCM pre-season) and decide on speed and threshold, but this is the most promising set I've seen yet.

One question Akita, do you see many fumbles with the 50/50 fumble slider? This is one of my only concerns right off the bat.

I was also wondering how the 53 injury slider was working out. Do you get injuries that are commensurate with what the rest of the league is incurring? More or less?

Thanks for the brilliant discovery!

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akita7334
QB Accuracy/Pass Reaction=100 (USER 40 CPU 60/ CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
Pass Block/Pass Rush=100 (USER 45 CPU 55/ CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
WR Catch/Interceptions=100 (USER 70 CPU 30/CPU 70 USER 30)100/100
Broken Tackles/Tackling=100 (USER 55 CPU 45/CPU 55 USER 45)100/100
Run Block/Block Sheding=100 (USER 45 CPU 55/60 USER 40)100/100
Fumble/Fumble=100 (User 50 CPU 50/CPU 50 USER 50)100/100
RD React time=100 (User 50 CPU 50/CPU 50 USER 50)100/100

The sliders I have side by side must equal 100. Look at it again, and think.
Akita---something else to consider--it is not that they possibly "work" relative to 100, but, rather, the sum of 'complementary sliders' must match consistently. For instance, if QBA and PR are complementary and their sum is, say, 50, then 50 is the sum that the others must have. It's just a theory, but is sort of making sense as I'm trying a game that way (with minor threshold tweak)--have already played it 2 or 3 times today with 'old' sliders, three times with the '100 approach' and now with just treating them as complements. . . tried it?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I really wish I'd tried this before I sold my copy of 13.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd have to say I'd buy it back because I was really thinking about shelving or trading in Madden 13 because nothing really worked as far as sliders. Then I tried my own balanced set and the game just took off in terms of quality, challenge, and realism. Make a mistake, and you will pay for it. I'm interested in trying Akita's sliders and try the whole balance thing between the individual sliders and how they relate to each other. It's definitely something to do for anyone who isn't happy currently with the results of their games.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #30
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
Akita---something else to consider--it is not that they possibly "work" relative to 100, but, rather, the sum of 'complementary sliders' must match consistently. For instance, if QBA and PR are complementary and their sum is, say, 50, then 50 is the sum that the others must have. It's just a theory, but is sort of making sense as I'm trying a game that way (with minor threshold tweak)--have already played it 2 or 3 times today with 'old' sliders, three times with the '100 approach' and now with just treating them as complements. . . tried it?
Those were my thoughts as I was scrolling through the thread. The total must come to a hundred. And so, the sum of all its parts must equal to 100. In Akita's practice, he is using 100 as the total. I suppose, for an All-Madden feel, you would use a lower base total but you must keep the total consistent - some tests are out of 25,50,10.

In actuality, 60 pounds is not equaled to 40 pounds nor is a four flat forty every equal to a five flat forty.

Taken from some of my knowledge gained through Excel Spreadsheets, you are using a statistical system in relation to a weighted average system.

A weighted average is An average that takes into account the proportional relevance of each component, rather than treating each component equally.

A numerical value of 60, of something, may be equal to the weight of a numerical value of 40, of something. Its like taking a man who is 6'6 225 and scaling him against a man who is 6'0 225. Their weight is the same but they still pose different measurables (reach, height, etc and advantages (power, efficacy).
Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Akita, you are keen on putting everything in its place and not just randomly but with a definite purpose (vision) that already dictates where each should be pegged. I commend you for that.

I have been working with the balance theory for some time now on NCAA12 and gobbled up Madden13 'cause of the potential of tweaking with the new engine. It just felt irresistible. Now, to see you and other heads following the same thread - this is game tweaking heaven!

I have some questions..

Is the catching too superior where you have it? Do you still see drops? What's the catching to interception experience like, still sim like?

What threshold are you playing on? My finest aim has been getting the sliders to work in harmony with the threshold.

*I look at the sliders in other threads and they are so skittish, bouncing all over the place like dancing stars in the sky.. you have acknowledged a hand-in-hand theory and furthered that theory with how to weigh each hand.

As old wisdom tells me, it is profitable to sharpen the axe then cut the tree. Looking at these other folks its like they keep chucking away at the tree with these dull axe's - you have shown how to take down the tree in one swift act!

In conclusion, bravo! The force is strong with you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Those were my thoughts as I was scrolling through the thread. The total must come to a hundred. And so, the sum of all its parts must equal to 100. In Akita's practice, he is using 100 as the total. I suppose, for an All-Madden feel, you would use a lower base total but you must keep the total consistent - some tests are out of 25,50,10.

In actuality, 60 pounds is not equaled to 40 pounds nor is a four flat forty every equal to a five flat forty.

Taken from some of my knowledge gained through Excel Spreadsheets, you are using a statistical system in relation to a weighted average system.

A weighted average is An average that takes into account the proportional relevance of each component, rather than treating each component equally.

A numerical value of 60, of something, may be equal to the weight of a numerical value of 40, of something. Its like taking a man who is 6'6 225 and scaling him against a man who is 6'0 225. Their weight is the same but they still pose different measurables (reach, height, etc and advantages (power, efficacy).
Odd, odd, odd--I tried it. . .taking one of Charter04's original sets and cutting the values in half, rounding fractions up or down to make a whole number. Defensive values were determined by (50 - (value)). Now, I chose '50' not because of any 'All Madden "thing"; just because it is half of 100. For instance, QBA is now 5 and pass reaction is now 45. Hum WRC is 23 and CPU INT is 27. Very interesting experience...there was maybe 1 interception through the half but alot of balls knocked down by dbs. As well, the game felt "small" (I don't know how to explain that...in M12 if all sliders were at zero the game felt different). Then, and this really surprised me, I left the offensive sliders as they were and recalculated the defensive sliders (HUM QBA 5, CPU Pass Reaction 95, WRC 23, Interceptions 77). . . but I am not getting crushed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »