Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 14
Thumbs up Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
OK.....

Madden ..Michaels ...ESPN
Same old......same old
Here we go again

Presentation ?...crowds cheering for the wrong team
Will we see Pass interference
Or helmets flying to the extreme

Player ratings...sliders to make the game fantastic
Who has the best
for sim play..Pared or Jistic

QB..Vision cone too light ..too dark
If Manning throws off the left foot
Does he miss his mark

Graphics..grass textures..wind and snow
Is this the best Madden ever
How should I know!

I called for it and missed it bigmoe. Great job.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #90
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
True, but if the cut scenes were better, and greater in number, people wouldn't click past them as quick. I know I wouldn't if there were a chance I hadn't seen them all.

In the heat of a battle against a human opponent, if you score a TD or make a big play, I can bet you any amount of money that you can look at your opponents controller and see him pounding away at the A or X botton to skip your celebration. Same goes for you, whenever someone makes a big play on you, I doubt you'll sit there in awe watching his multiple replays of him embarressing your defense. Its just competitive nature.

Even in 2K5, which had the best presentation in a sports game to date, ppl get frustrated and skip cut scenes when the cut scene does'nt favor them.

I cant even remember but is'nt it Madden who only lets the celebrator do the skipping? Next time you play a human opponent, watch for this.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #91
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

I Love Madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #92
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I play and I coach. Just depends on what I'm feeling like that day. My gripe with EA is that youd think after 15+ years of being a big sucessful franchise they could actually put SERIOUS improvement into BOTH aspects of the game. Like I said, there is no excuse for EA to not be able to do that. If there is an excuse, I wish someone on this board would tell me because apparently some people respond to what I say as if there IS an excuse, so if there is please tell me what it is.

Well the first problem is that, IMO, EA caters to a younger crowd when it comes to Madden and ignores the older- say 25 and up gamer, which is what really worried me when they got the license for the NFL. When I play a football game, I want to be emerged in it. I want to feel as though I'm really in the action, because I love the game of football. I'm sorry, I just don't get that feeling when I play Madden. I played a game of 2K5 last night, and I'm like Damn, this is what football is all about. It's more than just the gameplay, it's the atmosphere or presentation if you will. It really feels like you're in the game. I'm not bashing Madden, and yes, 2K5 does have it's problems, but it's easier for me to get over the problems that 2K5 had over the problems Madden had because you can clearly see VC was trying to be innovative and creative, and EA was just doing touch-ups. I just hope EA wakes up now and realize there are a lot of us hardcore football gamers out there that didn't really care for Madden, and if they want our money, then changes are going to have to be made in order to get our money.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #93
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I think he meant people here at OS. Based on the consistancy of EA sales numbers in recent years, it's obvious to me that most football gamers don't need to look for reasons to love Madden, they already do.
I was talking about OS members as well. I don't think anyone here looks for things not to like. It seems they look for things to like and can't find them. People expect a level of improvement that they're not getting, and they state their disapproval.

Saying people look for reasons to hate Madden is like saying people look for reasons to hate their job. You don't have to look. When you see your check and think about how much work you did and how much you put up with over the previous 2 weeks, you come to the conclusion that you hate your job. When someone opens Madden and sees what they feel is the same thing as last year, they're going to be disappointed.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #94
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
In the heat of a battle against a human opponent, if you score a TD or make a big play, I can bet you any amount of money that you can look at your opponents controller and see him pounding away at the A or X botton to skip your celebration. Same goes for you, whenever someone makes a big play on you, I doubt you'll sit there in awe watching his multiple replays of him embarressing your defense. Its just competitive nature.

Even in 2K5, which had the best presentation in a sports game to date, ppl get frustrated and skip cut scenes when the cut scene does'nt favor them.

I cant even remember but is'nt it Madden who only lets the celebrator do the skipping? Next time you play a human opponent, watch for this.
I watch all replays that I feel are worthy, whether they're in my favor or not.

I watch the cut scenes until they become repetative.

I think it is Madden where only the celebrator can skip. When I'm playing a human opponent I skip boring replays and watch the good ones. My friends tend to do the same.

For me, it's about the fun, not whether I'm winning or losing, or if the play was in my favor. Maybe because I played and now coach football for a combined 22 years, but I'm not that competitive about any video game. Don't get me wrong. I want to win everytime I play. But I have just as much fun losing if the opponent plays a sim game and just played better. If my opponent has a great play, I want to see it. If for nothing else, I can see what I did wrong.

I stand by what I said. I think more people would watch the cut scenes and replays if they looked better, and came in more varieties. It's competitive, but it's also entertainment. I don't turn the channel when a replay is shown of my favorite team being scored on. Do you? I want to see all great highlights. I've watched replays of 70s Cowboy-Steeler games many times over, knowing my team lost. But they were great, entertaining games.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #95
MVP

BezO's Arena

After all of what I said, the vids look much better than what I remember from years past. But I haven't owned an EA game in 2 yearsuntil NCAA 2006. Though they still have much less than that other game, I was happy to see that they added more animations. In those vids, and in NCAA, I don't see as many akward moves because there are no animations for what needs to be shown. One thing I hated about EA were tackles where both players just fell to the ground because there wasn't a suitable tackle animation. There seems to be a nice variety now.

The players are still a bit bulky, but better than I remember. I don't like the shoulder pad graphics they've been using the past 2 years. And they've been using that same defensive sprint animations since the first PS2 offering, and it looks terrible.

I love the concept of the vision cone, but I hate that it has to be so visable.

I'll have to play it to make a final decision, but I don't see enough to warrant a purchase since I have NCAA. But it does look much improved from when I last owned a Madden game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Well the first problem is that, IMO, EA caters to a younger crowd when it comes to Madden and ignores the older- say 25 and up gamer, which is what really worried me when they got the license for the NFL. When I play a football game, I want to be emerged in it. I want to feel as though I'm really in the action, because I love the game of football. I'm sorry, I just don't get that feeling when I play Madden. I played a game of 2K5 last night, and I'm like Damn, this is what football is all about. It's more than just the gameplay, it's the atmosphere or presentation if you will. It really feels like you're in the game. I'm not bashing Madden, and yes, 2K5 does have it's problems, but it's easier for me to get over the problems that 2K5 had over the problems Madden had because you can clearly see VC was trying to be innovative and creative, and EA was just doing touch-ups. I just hope EA wakes up now and realize there are a lot of us hardcore football gamers out there that didn't really care for Madden, and if they want our money, then changes are going to have to be made in order to get our money.

Yeah, if 2K5 would have had a deeper franchise (like Madden's) I'd be more than happy playing it for another 3-4 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »