Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

EA has the money to improve gameplay and presentation but thet dont. I more upset with the engine and I am tired of the excuses of the last game of this generation. NBA Live 2006 is going to have a new engine for their game (according to gamespot report) but Madden cant/wont improve their engine. I am playing NCAA 2006 ( a really good game) now but when I put in 2k5 it feel like 2k5 is at least a few years ahead in the player interaction department. Now, that is really sad.

Gamers are putting tons of hope in the next gen game engine. My fear is that EA will increase the polygons but maintain the player interaction we have seen since PS1.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #82
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
I swear, comments like this just boggle my mind. A game might have the best game engine and best AI ever devised, but if there isn't "emotion," people are going to gripe about it. I'd rather that the game makes you supply the emotion (here you go, jump up and down in your living room after a big play) than having it make you supply other things, like, say, defensive back AI (cough, NCAA, cough).
In a lot of people's opinion, Madden doesn't have the best game engine and AI ever devised. If it did, I'm sure people would be less concerned with othe stuff. As it stands, people want more. Emotion is a big part of sports. Why not put it in the game? If we're going to supply the emotion, should we also supply the presentation, the throws, the catches? Why not just go outside I play football instead of playing the video game if that's the case?

Quote:
Games rise and fall on their game engines, their playbooks and their AI. The presentation issues are irrelevant- or rather, they're not irrelevant right now, when people sit around and get themselves into a lather over preview videos, but they become irrelevant as soon as people have the game in their hands and stumble across the first major AI issue.
They don't become irrelevant. They are just not the primary concern when there are major AI issues.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #83
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
People always looking for a reason to hate Madden.
I doubt that. I'm sure most people are looking for reasons to love it, but can't find many. I know I want to like it, especially that it's the only pro game around.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #84
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I doubt that. I'm sure most people are looking for reasons to love it, but can't find many. I know I want to like it, especially that it's the only pro game around.
I think he meant people here at OS. Based on the consistancy of EA sales numbers in recent years, it's obvious to me that most football gamers don't need to look for reasons to love Madden, they already do.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #85
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
EA's excuse (and from a business aspect you can't blame them) is why inovate when minor tweaks still sell--and sell big time. Now with them having the market cornered you can expect the same game for another 4-5 years. And from a business standpoint, that makes sense. But sucks for us gamers.
And that's why I haven't bought it in a couple of years. All business judge consumer content by the number of sales and returns. As long as it continues to sell, they think consumers love what they're doing. And they do. Those of us that haven't been happy with the game are in the minority of football video game players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #86
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The only answer I can concieve of is that they apparently haven't felt there was a large number of gamers who really cared that much about "presentation". I can't speak for anyone but myself and the folks I usually play, but in my experience elaborate cutscenes get watched once. After that, we skip thru them in order to get on with the game.
I feel the same about cut scenes. But presentation is much more than that. Camera angles, commentary, stat overlays, replays, sound and a bunch of other stuff is part of presentation. Personally, I want the game to look as close as possible to a tv broadcast. EA has skimped on presentation in a lot of people's opinion.

Obviously, not as much as gameplay, but presentation is a big part of the game.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #87
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I've said it once before, but IMO, all EA games are designed with multiplayer in mind. They know ppl will skip through cut-scenes when playing against a opponent so they dont waste time and money making them.
True, but if the cut scenes were better, and greater in number, people wouldn't click past them as quick. I know I wouldn't if there were a chance I hadn't seen them all.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #88
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Well for the souls who beg for presentation why dont any of you contact EA personally. I know it sounds like a longshot but if they think that the cosumers are loving the game, its because they have'nt been told otherwise. Shoot them a e-mail. We could of been doing this for the last 3 years but I dont hear of ppl doing so. They may not respond but they will read and if enough ppl did this, maybe we would of seen chages already.

I know for one, I'm sick of complaining about EA on message boards when I can be complaining to the ppl who actually designed the game. I know there is a place for fan mail somewhere at EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »