Home

**New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

This is a discussion on **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #97
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: **New Videos!!..RAIDERS VS CHEIFS!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Yeah, if 2K5 would have had a deeper franchise (like Madden's) I'd be more than happy playing it for another 3-4 years.
That, and 32 directional movement. Changing direction looked very choppy on 2k5.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #98
Banned

OVR: 12

anyway ....back to the video(s).....the user got a sack worth 4 points in the Madden challenge....what level is he playing on?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:14 AM   #99
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
anyway ....back to the video(s).....the user got a sack worth 4 points in the Madden challenge....what level is he playing on?
Based on Madden 05's scale, that would be Pro (Rookie would be 2, All-Pro 6 and All-Madden 8)
Old 07-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Based on Madden 05's scale, that would be Pro (Rookie would be 2, All-Pro 6 and All-Madden 8)
So imagine how the AI will be on harder levels, seems like the used was doing "aight" on pro. I would rather see gameplay on the All Madden or All-Pro level.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #101
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Improvements and Such

Obviously it's impossible to give an accurate summary of a game that's not out yet, but some things on the video were cool, others were the same old Madden. I like the vison cone, nice idea and it looks well implemented. The videos showed a few punt returns that were actually, well, returnable. I think on one video, it looked as though there was actually a gang tackle of a running back, good sign. But then, when the Chiefs went back for the bomb, and the precision passing icon came up, I saw the safety stand where the ball was thrown to, strafe until the receiver caught it, and then tackled him. It's at that point I thought, same ole DB AI. I hope that was just a strange case, instead of the norm.

Bottom line is that Madden needs to improve it's gameplay. Not the owner mode, superstar mode, Madden challenge points, or anything else that appeals to 13 year olds. They need to improve the blocking, pass rush, OL AI, DB AI, and the coach's profile (to actually run the ball). These are the things that can make Madden great. If you go off past experiences, EA will not do this. They tend to lean towards the "if they like the garbage, we'll give them the garbage again-but with Playmaker added" model.

One can only hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Improvements and Such

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
Obviously it's impossible to give an accurate summary of a game that's not out yet, but some things on the video were cool, others were the same old Madden. I like the vison cone, nice idea and it looks well implemented. The videos showed a few punt returns that were actually, well, returnable. I think on one video, it looked as though there was actually a gang tackle of a running back, good sign. But then, when the Chiefs went back for the bomb, and the precision passing icon came up, I saw the safety stand where the ball was thrown to, strafe until the receiver caught it, and then tackled him. It's at that point I thought, same ole DB AI. I hope that was just a strange case, instead of the norm.
Hopefully the DB reacted like that because the user was playing on "Pro" difficulty. It would really be a shame if the AI is reminiscent of NCAA 06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »