Home

will we be able to edit player ratings this year

This is a discussion on will we be able to edit player ratings this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: will we be able to edit player ratings this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
I don't buy that. Where would you get that idea? The day we have to pay for roster updates is the day EA sinks into the ground. Or, the day I organize a crew of pissed off gamers to help sink it into the ground.
why else would they not allow us to edit anything
Old 08-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #90
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
I don't buy that. Where would you get that idea? The day we have to pay for roster updates is the day EA sinks into the ground. Or, the day I organize a crew of pissed off gamers to help sink it into the ground.
Yeah, could be they just didn't have time to implement a player editor for anything other than SUPERSTAR mode?!?!?! Now, that doesn't make sense. What a crock that would be. We'll now for sure next week!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
It's about as stupid as them offering Alternate Jerseys on the Marketplace for a price. Just like Alternate Jerseys, "updated" rosters are just another option for gamers.
I think that's a little different. I guess I just consider updated rosters to be more important than alternate jerseys. I guess I'd feel like the game was incomplete without updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I think that's a little different. I guess I just consider updated rosters to be more important than alternate jerseys. I guess I'd feel like the game was incomplete without updated rosters.
thats because it would be
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #93
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

The main thing that sucks to me about not being able to edit players ratings....or even set a created players attributes to what you want(instead of going through various drills to determine ratings) is that if a player is left out off an EA update, and you want to add him....you may not be good enough at the drills to get his rating to what it should be. I was hoping for at least the same amount of editing options that were in NCAA. Oh well, ill get over it.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:59 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 11

so is this official? i mean its not even like NCAA 2007s where you can go to rosters and edit their speed, power, awareness, etc. etc.???
Old 08-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #95
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Right. I pointed that out earlier in this thread. Why would they want to discourage us from editing rosters? One can only guess. As I've said, my guess is so that more people will download their official roster updates. Why they'd want that? Who freakin' knows?
Next-gen gaming is about making money - and paying for alternate unis is just one example. And it's just going to get worse. I stated last November that EA will be removing player editing, knowing gamers will need to either download rosters online, or buy the most recent version of the game in order to have updated rosters. This is not an oversight due to time constraints. This is the future of gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Next-gen gaming is about making money - and paying for alternate unis is just one example. And it's just going to get worse. I stated last November that EA will be removing player editing, knowing gamers will need to either download rosters online, or buy the most recent version of the game in order to have updated rosters. This is not an oversight due to time constraints. This is the future of gaming.
I agree 100%. Sports games in particular are going to be hit the hardest because of the exclusive licenses. We have no other choice. What will be interesing is how EA will react next year when 2K releases their "generic" football game, and the talented roster makers here and at other places start making better NFL sets then what EA puts out. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if EA starts trying to sue the more popular roster makers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »