Home

will we be able to edit player ratings this year

This is a discussion on will we be able to edit player ratings this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #57
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: will we be able to edit player ratings this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I guess I have a tough time understanding you guys who feel like you're now forced to purchase Madden against your will, because I, myself, am not like that. I guess I have more will power or something.

You see, I'm a huge baseball fan, and I loved MVP baseball. This year? MLB's license goes exclusive with 2K having the ability to put out the XBox 360's only MLB game. Now me? I just never liked 2K's brand of baseball games. It just didn't feel right to me. I much preferred EA's MVP engine.

So you know what I did? I *gasp* didn't buy a baseball game this year! Yep! I said it! Nobody forced me to do anything. I just simply did not play an MLB game this year. Why? Because no matter what license a company may have, if I don't like the game, I'm not going to buy it. Plain and simple.

I bought 2Ks baseball game and took it back. It was bad.

Still, the point is simply that with the next gen titles, specifically, is where it gets sticky. We don't have other options with next gen systems. Many of us just have a 360 and we either have Madden... or.... uh.... Madden.

Imagine if you couldn't run a franchise in Madden. WTF? That's ridiculous right? That's how some feel about editing players. They're both options peopel are used to having now, and to take them away, well, it hurts.

Personally, I don't care as much about how players are rated anymore. I just want a solid football game. Still, realize that though it's not a big thing to you, it is to many. Also, it is also a sport and video game that many look forward to every year. So to get less than many of us expected, or have grown to expect, it's definately very disappointing.

If NFL2K5 was BC... well, man, I'd have a tough time then... I know I'd own a copy... but like I said, some of us just don't have multiple systems, nor can we afford them. Yes, again, that's a choice, but when things we come to expect are not in a football game, then our enjoyment is degraded.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Still, the point is simply that with the next gen titles, specifically, is where it gets sticky. We don't have other options with next gen systems. Many of us just have a 360 and we either have Madden... or.... uh.... Madden.
Or no football game at all...again, it's an option.

Quote:
Imagine if you couldn't run a franchise in Madden. WTF? That's ridiculous right?
You mean like NBA 06 for the XBox 360? I know...a different animal because thankfully, NBA2K6 was out there. But still...I'm going to be stubborn here and stick to my initial advice to you or anyone else who finds that because they can't edit player ratings, they won't like the game.

Don't buy it.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #59
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Or no football game at all...again, it's an option.

You mean like NBA 06 for the XBox 360? I know...a different animal because thankfully, NBA2K6 was out there. But still...I'm going to be stubborn here and stick to my initial advice to you or anyone else who finds that because they can't edit player ratings, they won't like the game.

Don't buy it.

I respect your stubborness. Something I have as well Still, I do understand the gripes these guys have. Just like with NBA Live... when I heard there was no franchise... well, that wasn't even an option. Period. If 2k wasn't around... wow... life would have been hard on me and I would have been REALLY grumpy for a long time.

TJ, no computer gaming for you? MVP 2006 mod for the PC is mighty nice
Old 08-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
TJ, no computer gaming for you? MVP 2006 mod for the PC is mighty nice
Well, I was so used to having an old crappy PC that couldn't handle newer games, so I didn't even give it a thought. I did get a new PC a couple of months ago. Maybe I should give it a shot...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #61
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
It wouldn't be such a big deal about editing equipment (I could care less about ratings because they all sky rocket in franchise mode anyway) but they always forget to give someone gloves, or have the wrong facemask and it drives me nuts not being able to change it.

My kicker in my Univ of Minnestoa dynasty in NCAA is wearing gloves, I mean he's a kicker.
U will be able 2 edit equipment but not ratings!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #62
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Does anyone know if we can create players outside of Superstar mode?

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #63
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I guess I have a tough time understanding you guys who feel like you're now forced to purchase Madden against your will, because I, myself, am not like that. I guess I have more will power or something.

You see, I'm a huge baseball fan, and I loved MVP baseball. This year? MLB's license goes exclusive with 2K having the ability to put out the XBox 360's only MLB game. Now me? I just never liked 2K's brand of baseball games. It just didn't feel right to me. I much preferred EA's MVP engine.

So you know what I did? I *gasp* didn't buy a baseball game this year! Yep! I said it! Nobody forced me to do anything. I just simply did not play an MLB game this year. Why? Because no matter what license a company may have, if I don't like the game, I'm not going to buy it. Plain and simple.
No we are not forced and I know that I am once again on the fence on whether or not to buy this game, however, with that said, EA is the only one who is making a professional football game this year. Can I play the older games, no I can't, my xbox 360 won't play them. Ipersonally did not buy Madden last year, so no I am not forced. I clearly chose the wrong word there , but I wish that we had other options available to us for our NFL video games.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

TJ, it's not so much about people not liking the way EA does things football-wise. Plenty of people can accept the things they do differently than 2k. The thing that I think gets people very angry is that they (supposedly, in the case of player editing) take away a feature that has been in the game as long as most of us can remember for no apparent reason. I just hope the exclusive rights crap (both NFL and MLB) will be over in a few years...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »