Home

BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It!

This is a discussion on BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It!

too bad touch passes are non existent in NCAA. In Madden they work great.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #34
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I will say that this year is the first year that NCAA has not gone back into the system since the days of XBOX - on the same day..let alone a week after release of Madden.

With that said, I WANT to like Madden better, I really do. I see so much potential there as I will have a game that is AMAZING then have three that just suck so bad I turn off the 360.

(kind of like golfing......one great shot each round brings you back)

For an almost guaranteed good game I turn to NCAA. Madden is just too up and down. I can have a great or crappy game on every level from PRO to ALL-MADDEN. The problem is consistency - it cannot be consistent - sometimes - oxymoron.

NCAA I have a slider set that really works well and keeps INT's down. In Madden...you "think" you have a set, then the next game you see 5 picks.

Arichzona, what slider set are you using for NCAA? I would like to try them out. Thanks man.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDBANKS
Come on People, Tell me I am wrong? I just traded in Madden 08 for the 360, and feel pretty good about it. After playing several seasons with Madden, I can safely say this feels tremendously different than NCAA 08. I realize this is the Pro game, but usually the two titles feel somewhat similar. Funny thing is, when I traded in the game, the manager at Gamespot confirmed my suspicions and stated Madden has been traded in at an extremely alarming Rate.
LOL, I traded NCAA 08 for Madden and I am a happy boy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
here's one thing that i can say about where the two a very very different.

After spending a lot for time with NCAA(for obvious reasons) and now with Madden 08. I have noticed one thing not a gamekiller but definitely a mood thing...

madden and ncaa run differently. Ncaa's framerate while in game runing throwing tackling feels and looks better while madden's is jittery. that's right jittery. it's NOT as silky smooth as NCAA but that's Ok as the mood of madden is generally faster to reflect the NFL and it looks passable. cut scenes and the way the game goes into in game play is smoother however, but actual in game game play is not sadly.
Man Im not seeing that at all. Not even a little bit. Madden is just as smooth on my tv and 360.

As far as the games go, both do have thier problems just as Take Two's effort this year as well. But Madden to me in more polished and overall the better game on the field but NCAA isa damn good game.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #37
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Arichzona, what slider set are you using for NCAA? I would like to try them out. Thanks man.
I have gotten a lot of + feedback on these......seeing, maybe 2 picks/game:

Re: 7 minute Heisman (360)

obviously, none of you thought these were worth a s*#t - and to be honest I did some major testing on the practice field watching replay after replay of the same play, making minor adjustments until the guys react like they should in a real game, and now am getting games that not only have minimized cpu int's, but seems to yield more of those nice HD replays we all like, produce a beautiful running game, great opportunity for YAC, the CPU does not rip you apart throwing the ball, and (most importantly) are competitive.....these have it all (so far)

OFFENSE-------------HUM/CPU:
-----------------------40/25
-----------------------45/0
-----------------------25/0
-----------------------35/35
-----------------------35/10

DEFENSE-------------HUM/CPU:

-----------------------0/10
-----------------------65/70
-----------------------15/25
-----------------------0/5
-----------------------30/10

I am very, very pleased with wthe game these are providing......perfect? no. But I am seeing my HB spin and roll off of blocks, seeing him "get skinny" (to borrow a 2k5 phrase), seeing (physics) momentum actually matter......great pursuit angles by players and also seeing them get punished for rushing upfield, or hitting the wrong gap - and paying for it. The game just flat out, flows.

Did I say that I am seeing errant throws? tipped (not picked) throws? WR's dropping balls that they have no business catching. QB's are now completing roughly 2/3 of their passes and I have seen them throw the deep ball. Yes it made an appearrance........

You guys.......I hate saying this but you really have got to try these. They have to benefit at least one other guy out there..........The juke stick is completely sick with these settings.....the cpu will F you up also.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #38
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Gamespot not only does reviews but they also sell video games... WOW!!
And like BK said thanks for telling us
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #39
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I would give NCAA the nod, for reasons being what I saw another poster described about Madden as well.....Its that there are way too many hit stick moves performed by the CPU....I can't tell you how many times Ive been at the goal line and saw that stupid close line animation

I feel like Im watching the "jacked up" segment from ESPN most of the time. Its almost as if they wanted to make it more like NFL Blitz.....I probably hate this flaw as much as the fumble issues....because it makes the game seem arcadey and unrealistic

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-20-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #40
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I have gotten a lot of + feedback on these......seeing, maybe 2 picks/game:

Re: 7 minute Heisman (360)

obviously, none of you thought these were worth a s*#t - and to be honest I did some major testing on the practice field watching replay after replay of the same play, making minor adjustments until the guys react like they should in a real game, and now am getting games that not only have minimized cpu int's, but seems to yield more of those nice HD replays we all like, produce a beautiful running game, great opportunity for YAC, the CPU does not rip you apart throwing the ball, and (most importantly) are competitive.....these have it all (so far)

OFFENSE-------------HUM/CPU:
-----------------------40/25
-----------------------45/0
-----------------------25/0
-----------------------35/35
-----------------------35/10

DEFENSE-------------HUM/CPU:

-----------------------0/10
-----------------------65/70
-----------------------15/25
-----------------------0/5
-----------------------30/10

I am very, very pleased with wthe game these are providing......perfect? no. But I am seeing my HB spin and roll off of blocks, seeing him "get skinny" (to borrow a 2k5 phrase), seeing (physics) momentum actually matter......great pursuit angles by players and also seeing them get punished for rushing upfield, or hitting the wrong gap - and paying for it. The game just flat out, flows.

Did I say that I am seeing errant throws? tipped (not picked) throws? WR's dropping balls that they have no business catching. QB's are now completing roughly 2/3 of their passes and I have seen them throw the deep ball. Yes it made an appearrance........

You guys.......I hate saying this but you really have got to try these. They have to benefit at least one other guy out there..........The juke stick is completely sick with these settings.....the cpu will F you up also.
Thanks man. I'll give these some run later this evening. I haven't played on Heisman for at least 2 weeks, but I'm always up to try something different. Varsity slider sets were a tad too easy and I'm using Playmakers' AA set with a bump up in tackling for both sides and CPU RBA up 2 notches and they work pretty well. However, I only control/play defense in the 4th quarter (SuperSim for less CPU INTs) so there is still some area of improvement needed because I enjoy playing the entire game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »