Home

Ian Pockets and DE Play

This is a discussion on Ian Pockets and DE Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Ian Pockets and DE Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No, that's where the suction bugs come in actually. The DE's come up the field but as guys run backwards the Offensive Tackles get the Hoover blocking technique going and pull that DE inside.

Sometimes the DE's will stay to the outside, but alot of times and I'd venture to say most of the time, that tackle pulls him inside with the Hoover tech. I might have to record a video to show what I mean. Freak93 and I talk about this constantly. In 2k8 when you are playing people who do not start running backwards the only problem is consistency. But if you are playing a guy that is always running back a host of issues arise - consistency, suction bugs, QB can drop way to fast, doesn't lose any accuracy on his passes ect This is not to say suction bugs are not a problem even when they do not drop back like that because they are

APF did have a few animations that realy punished you for runing backwards then throwing, it was a long drawn out awkward throwing animation. but as you said those that were determined still found ways to sprint back and set up to avoid that animation. but i think some "un welcome" qb animations would go along way to help the problem as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
APF did have a few animations that realy punished you for runing backwards then throwing, it was a long drawn out awkward throwing animation. but as you said those that were determined still found ways to sprint back and set up to avoid that animation. but i think some "un welcome" qb animations would go along way to help the problem as well
Agreed and again, All Pro's problem was not universal with respect to players, it was primarily the Gold QB's and Cunningham. They could heave it 80 yards while moving backwards if need be.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Man 2k knows how to make a good Football Game! That OL & DL play is just truely amazing! Who are the poeple behind 2k that make 2k's animations look so Real?! Seriously..
Even their DB & CB play are as amazing. The game animations look and move so life like and are different almost everytime.. Thats how a realistic football game should play.. This is the million dollar question, why cant EA or Tiburon do anything as good as this?? What is it that they don't have?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #28
MVP

That has always been the biggest difference for me in 2K and EA football games. 2K makes a pocket, while Madden doesn't.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
What is it that they don't have?
Motivation. Competition breeds innovation. There is no competition.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:10 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm not tryng to put down EA & Madden, becuase It looks like they have been trying to improve lately. But by the looks of those clips from 2k's APF they just seem like they are years ahead of anything Madden is doing.. It's just not fair comparisons..
Old 05-30-2008, 06:38 AM   #31
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
I'm not tryng to put down EA & Madden, becuase It looks like they have been trying to improve lately. But by the looks of those clips from 2k's APF they just seem like they are years ahead of anything Madden is doing.. It's just not fair comparisons..
im confident with Ian around he will change all that...maybe not this year maybe next year...he's already said that he didnt like how the OL/DL interacted and that they already motion captured the OL/DL play

Ian has rekindled my faith in the series again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #32
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

ANy big changes will be made in Madden 10 anyways. Its too late in the game to change a ton of stuff, but this gives them a huge jump for next year. Good stuff

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »