Home

ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

This is a discussion on ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

I want some franchise news, too.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

The franchise blog is in the final stages of being approved before its posted.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

thanks
cant wait
just wanna be assured that it has been improved as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is what happens when you speak for other people.

I'm ALL about Franchise mode, which is why I've been so vocal about the CPU AI issues, including turnovers. Because, if franchise mode isn't any better than '08, I'd like to save the $60 I'll be spending on the game. I mean, I'll play some online, but I'm a franchise guy. I'm looking forward to the blog, and any other info about franchise mode, that'll sway me into buying the game.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 06-15-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:28 AM   #13
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I'm pretty certain that most people really don't play franchise. I'd bet the farm that the percentage of people who do is very small actually.

People who are deep into franchise modes may not realize it, but most people who play these games aren't looking to play the role of owning a team and doing a lot of micro-managing. They just want to hit the field, play a quick game, and move on to other daily activities.
Umm.....yea,ok.
Gotta love this time of year.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Umm.....yea,ok.
Gotta love this time of year.

yes...quite the deja vu isn't it?
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Franchise mode is Madden and without it it is not worth buying. Online sucks cuz there is no online franchise. Play a guy you don't know, he cheats, disconnects when you are beating his backside, uses lag and glitches to frustrate the heck out of you and then you try again cuz you are bored and wanna play a game of Madden and you get a new guy who does all of the above mentioned crap.

I know about 30 guys within 15 miles of me who don't spend time on these boards cuz they are busy playing franchise mode, with other users, scheduling games, passing memory cards for PS2 cuz many of them stayed there due to next gen's short comings in franchise mode and the few who did "upgrade" to PS3 Madden are passing USB memory devices around.

I am sick and tired of the "play now online" crowd and you glitchery, weak tourney players. Casual fans/gamers are not playing online. You must be out of your mind!!!

The only redeeming quality that online has to offer is the ability to, hopefully in the near future, provide a platform for franchises that include several buddies who no longer live on the same block, in the same city or state.

The whole stinkin point of NFL football is to win the SB and without the franchise mode the game is hollow and empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Franchise mode is Madden and without it it is not worth buying. Online sucks cuz there is no online franchise. Play a guy you don't know, he cheats, disconnects when you are beating his backside, uses lag and glitches to frustrate the heck out of you and then you try again cuz you are bored and wanna play a game of Madden and you get a new guy who does all of the above mentioned crap.

I know about 30 guys within 15 miles of me who don't spend time on these boards cuz they are busy playing franchise mode, with other users, scheduling games, passing memory cards for PS2 cuz many of them stayed there due to next gen's short comings in franchise mode and the few who did "upgrade" to PS3 Madden are passing USB memory devices around.

I am sick and tired of the "play now online" crowd and you glitchery, weak tourney players. Casual fans/gamers are not playing online. You must be out of your mind!!!

The only redeeming quality that online has to offer is the ability to, hopefully in the near future, provide a platform for franchises that include several buddies who no longer live on the same block, in the same city or state.

The whole stinkin point of NFL football is to win the SB and without the franchise mode the game is hollow and empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
I'm actually kind of with you on this one basically (and I'd have to disagree with Gridiron). Franchise is right up there with gameplay in terms of importance to me. Superstar and mini-games, though important...not so much. Unfortunately I've had nothing to do with it over the past few years (since Madden 2006 actually), so I can't really comment one way or another on how 09's is stacking up. I don't have exact telemetry but I do know that Franchise is used by a rather large percentage of our buyers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »