Home

ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

This is a discussion on ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm actually kind of with you on this one basically (and I'd have to disagree with Gridiron). Franchise is right up there with gameplay in terms of importance to me. Superstar and mini-games, though important...not so much. Unfortunately I've had nothing to do with it over the past few years (since Madden 2006 actually), so I can't really comment one way or another on how 09's is stacking up. I don't have exact telemetry but I do know that Franchise is used by a rather large percentage of our buyers.
Aw, that sucks. I just hope that franchise can return to the way it used to be on last gen but improved.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #18
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd just like to know if you can get past 2 years of your franchise without free agents running out at certain positions?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

yeah that was a bit of a problem, as long as franchise is back on track im okay
Old 06-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm actually kind of with you on this one basically (and I'd have to disagree with Gridiron). Franchise is right up there with gameplay in terms of importance to me. Superstar and mini-games, though important...not so much. Unfortunately I've had nothing to do with it over the past few years (since Madden 2006 actually), so I can't really comment one way or another on how 09's is stacking up. I don't have exact telemetry but I do know that Franchise is used by a rather large percentage of our buyers.

It's really comforting to know that you guys still understand and appreciate the significance of franchise mode...For a minute there, I thought you guys were on the verge of abandoning the 'franchise gamer' in favor of the online crowd from here on out...

Even if I'm not satisfied with Madden'09s franchise mode this year, atleast I know there's hope for 2010. Thanks Ian...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 06-15-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

it would be so sweet if we could either have like a complete sync with NFL Head Coach where we would play a season in madden and then in the offseason, you would do it in Head Coach. Or implementing these features like the draft and free agency into madden. Either way, franchise has to be improved but i'm sure Ian will take care of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #22
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks for chiming in, Ian.

Also, didn't franchise mode come into existence due to Madden? I remember when it came out it was huge because you could finally build a team, rather than playing one season over and over again.

Ian, I posted this in another thread, but maybe it's more appropriate here. While I know you aren't directly responsible for franchise mode, is there any way that you or someone else at EA could post videos of the off-season, free agency, the draft and more, and allow us to post what we think is great and what we think could be improved? This would be similar to what's being done in the Colts vs Vikings gameplay thread you started.

While it might not be in time to save franchise mode for 2009, maybe our positives and negatives can help in getting an early jump on 2010.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Franchise mode is Madden and without it it is not worth buying. Online sucks cuz there is no online franchise. Play a guy you don't know, he cheats, disconnects when you are beating his backside, uses lag and glitches to frustrate the heck out of you and then you try again cuz you are bored and wanna play a game of Madden and you get a new guy who does all of the above mentioned crap.

I know about 30 guys within 15 miles of me who don't spend time on these boards cuz they are busy playing franchise mode, with other users, scheduling games, passing memory cards for PS2 cuz many of them stayed there due to next gen's short comings in franchise mode and the few who did "upgrade" to PS3 Madden are passing USB memory devices around.

I am sick and tired of the "play now online" crowd and you glitchery, weak tourney players. Casual fans/gamers are not playing online. You must be out of your mind!!!

The only redeeming quality that online has to offer is the ability to, hopefully in the near future, provide a platform for franchises that include several buddies who no longer live on the same block, in the same city or state.

The whole stinkin point of NFL football is to win the SB and without the franchise mode the game is hollow and empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Learn to play people you know online, and you want to win the superbowl so bad then do it in an online league, everyone plays online, don't know where you get your info from?
Old 06-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

IMO, you're in one of two camps:
You're either a religious franchise guy or you're a religious online guy.

My guess is franchise guys make up 90% of this group.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »