Home

Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

This is a discussion on Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Although he seems more like a pre-Madden hype guy at this point.
How so?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

all i know something like IR should have been fixed long ago.

i truly believe these guys are some lazy devs.

features missing that should be standard is not cool.

it amazes me that people put up with this.

i remember when ea got the license they said they were gonna have access to all these things the nfl can provide for them.

game comes out and ****s f*cked up.

if you have all this access that you could only get from the exclusive license, why hire someone to watch the games for unis.

why not got to the nfl or the teams themselves and say show us all the unis you will be wearing this yr, even if it's only worn once.

with an exclusive license you should not be getting the basic **** f*cked up.

this is the 1st madden i bought since the last one they made for N64. there was a reason i didn't buy any version, then the hype train started the devs got online for once and made us feel special, game comes out and it like ha. ha., got you again.

well from here on out, i'm not fallen for it, if i ever decide to buy another madden, it's going to be a used copy so ea won't get my money.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

You know, if they fix everything in one release, then what are they going to tout for the next version of Madden?

I'm not saying that they definitely do these things on purpose, but if they are able to say "improved franchise mode" for 2010 then that'll make you buy the game , right?

The same as taking out accelerated clock. I mean, how hard is it to put that feature in the game? But you can bet it will be in a future release of the game and they will be listing it on the new features list....

Its all about marketing and money.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
all i know something like IR should have been fixed long ago.

i truly believe these guys are some lazy devs.

features missing that should be standard is not cool.

it amazes me that people put up with this.

i remember when ea got the license they said they were gonna have access to all these things the nfl can provide for them.

game comes out and ****s f*cked up.

if you have all this access that you could only get from the exclusive license, why hire someone to watch the games for unis.

why not got to the nfl or the teams themselves and say show us all the unis you will be wearing this yr, even if it's only worn once.

with an exclusive license you should not be getting the basic **** f*cked up.

this is the 1st madden i bought since the last one they made for N64. there was a reason i didn't buy any version, then the hype train started the devs got online for once and made us feel special, game comes out and it like ha. ha., got you again.

well from here on out, i'm not fallen for it, if i ever decide to buy another madden, it's going to be a used copy so ea won't get my money.

Specifically what do you need to see in the next version of the game to make you think that we aren't lazy? Is it a correct Injured Reserve...and what else?

Just trying to figure out what makes people really jump ship like this to juggle priorities in the future.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Specifically what do you need to see in the next version of the game to make you think that we aren't lazy? Is it a correct Injured Reserve...and what else?

Just trying to figure out what makes people really jump ship like this to juggle priorities in the future.

IMO, fix the injured reserve, fix the draft logic for the CPU (thereby helping to fix free agency...shouldn't see Manning or Brady in FA at the height of their careers), fix penalties (so EVERY NFL penalty applies and is called at least at some point), fix robo QB, fix CPU playcalling logic & fix playbooks so every team doesn't "feel" the same, fix challenges (so we can choose what is challenged) and have the CPU and the refs challenge plays and the challenges are correctly ruled, fix OL/DL interaction as well as reciever/DB interaction.....that would be a HUGE start!!

I know, you weren't asking me, but hoping you hear me anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
IMO, fix the injured reserve, fix the draft logic for the CPU (thereby helping to fix free agency...shouldn't see Manning or Brady in FA at the height of their careers), fix penalties (so EVERY NFL penalty applies and is called at least at some point), fix robo QB, fix CPU playcalling logic & fix playbooks so every team doesn't "feel" the same, fix challenges (so we can choose what is challenged) and have the CPU and the refs challenge plays and the challenges are correctly ruled, fix OL/DL interaction as well as reciever/DB interaction.....that would be a HUGE start!!

I know, you weren't asking me, but hoping you hear me anyway
As the OP, 100% agree, Ian. I am definitely bugged about IR but MJeness has the 99% solution here. Do this, and the game will be the best ever.

These are nine things we really need but to make it a nice even ten...please don't make the game so biased towards the online crowd. Taking out fatigue to deal with no huddle cheesers, removing plays like the fleaflicker because of cheesers, and all the rest needs to stop. Maybe an online setting that disables a bunch of stuff once you play online. It feels like those of us who want a sim experience get less of a game because of cheesers. I for one never used a WR direct snap playing the CPU and I doubt anyone else did either. Cheesers will find a way to cheese because that is what they do. Please don't sacrifice realism for their sake. They'll cheese another way and us sim guys will be pissed because there is no fatigue and no substitutions. Or we won't like the generic playbooks. For example, I would love to see the wildcat formation...but I'll bet that will piss off the online crowd because it will be a new way for them to cheese by doing something totally unfootball like. I hate that we get less realism so some 13-year old cheeser doesn't upset the online crowd. And sorry that I used the word cheese more than a certain woman used the word Maverick the other night

Yeah, fix these 10 things and I think everything else is window dressing. People will still complain but I think you would go a long way to satisfying the fan base with this short list.

Last edited by renojedi; 10-06-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
As the OP, 100% agree, Ian. I am definitely bugged about IR but MJeness has the 99% solution here. Do this, and the game will be the best ever.

These are nine things we really need but to make it a nice even ten...please don't make the game so biased towards the online crowd. Taking out fatigue to deal with no huddle cheesers, removing plays like the fleaflicker because of cheesers, and all the rest need to stop. Maybe an online setting that disables a bunch of stuff once you play online.

Year, fix these 10 things and I think everything else is window dressing. People will still complain but I think you would go a long way to satisfying the fan base with this short list.
OMG, thanks....can't believe I forget that one!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #24
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Ian, I wouldn't take anything personally. Everyone has a different priority for all issues. For me, this and "ratings that matter" are the most important. For others, correct uniforms and atmosphere are #1.

I am happy you are around to read our feedback. For me personally, this is a highly important fix. I hope it makes it into 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »