Home

Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

This is a discussion on Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Specifically what do you need to see in the next version of the game to make you think that we aren't lazy? Is it a correct Injured Reserve...and what else?

Just trying to figure out what makes people really jump ship like this to juggle priorities in the future.
Ian,

I will tell you when the masses will stop considering EA lazy ...

When you meet the standards set by the NBA 2K franchise. In all the years I've followed NBA 2K, no one has suggested these developers are lazy, because they pay attention to detail. When you play NBA 2K you can tell a lot of love and care is put into the game to try to duplicate the sport of NBA basketball.

When I play Madden, I don't get that same feeling. The game feels rushed every year. Can we pinpoint this?

Let's see ... There are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL, yet they all have the same throwing motion, when over 100 NBA players in 2K all have different shooting animations. There's no excuse here for Madden to lack this. Also, 2K8 had all the different signature shooting animations but when i play 2K9, i notice they fixed everyone's shot. They REDID all the animations. That's called WORK. That's called EFFORT! They don't settle for less. They don't say "we'll see if X important issue makes it on the priority list for next year". They get it done!

The game is too clunky and doesn't feel like you're playing NFL football. Give us the little things, even though the big things are broken too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Specifically what do you need to see in the next version of the game to make you think that we aren't lazy?
I am pretty sure most people would respond with
"Features that were commonplace on PS2 and XBox." for starters.

If you need me to give you specifics I am sure there are multiple threads in here somewhere with what people remember playing when Madden was at the top of its game (04/05).
Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Specifically what do you need to see in the next version of the game to make you think that we aren't lazy? Is it a correct Injured Reserve...and what else?

Just trying to figure out what makes people really jump ship like this to juggle priorities in the future.
Well in my oppinion the injured reserve list should work with an improved injury part of the game.

First of all bring back the injury sliders from legacy gen as I am not seening many injuries. Injuries are a big part of an nfl season, so they need to play a big part in a madden franchise season.

If you get a season ending injury you would obviously clear up a roster spot to sign a new player if you put the injuerd player on the injured reservelist. But this will only be relevant if you have other injured players as it will be easy to find a roster spot for the sole player you have on injured reserve.

But what would be really cool is all the personel questions you could make with an improved injury part of the game.

Nagging injuries should be a big part. Let a player loose ratings until he is fully recovered. It should take weeks to beat a hamstring injury and so on.

It would lead to some cool personnel questions such as: Should you play the injured veteran or play the rook? Put the vet on injured reserve and sign a street free agent? and so on...
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Will it sell one extra copy? No, so then the answer is no.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Ian,

When you meet the standards set by the NBA 2K franchise. In all the years I've followed NBA 2K, no one has suggested these developers are lazy, because they pay attention to detail. When you play NBA 2K you can tell a lot of love and care is put into the game to try to duplicate the sport of NBA basketball.

When I play Madden, I don't get that same feeling. The game feels rushed every year. Can we pinpoint this?

Let's see ... There are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL, yet they all have the same throwing motion, when over 100 NBA players in 2K all have different shooting animations. There's no excuse here for Madden to lack this. Also, 2K8 had all the different signature shooting animations but when i play 2K9, i notice they fixed everyone's shot. They REDID all the animations. That's called WORK. That's called EFFORT! They don't settle for less. They don't say "we'll see if X important issue makes it on the priority list for next year". They get it done!

The game is too clunky and doesn't feel like you're playing NFL football. Give us the little things, even though the big things are broken too.
My (and many others) thoughts exactly. Excellent post.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #30
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Ian,

That and the MLB: The Show series...my God is that game amazing...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #31
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

I'm not calling anyone out for being "lazy", but I do things some areas of the game need much more focus, especially the single player game.

My suggestions from earlier in this thread-

"Not only does Madden have an IR that is 'just for show", but we NEED practice squads and we need to be able to make a 45 man active roster for game day."

Also some thoughts from another thread -

"... seeing as how NBA Live got player DNA and NBA Live 365 this year. With all of that added to NBA Live, Madden (the flagship) should be completely blown out in the next game with "living playbooks" updated regularly when new formations are used in the NFL, weekly roster updates (GREAT JOB this year EA!), coach philosophy updates/Head Coach DNA, etc.

I don't see how they can put so much into NBA Live and continue to ignore Madden when it comes to the strategy and authentic nature of the game. We'll see if it happens in Madden NFL 2010."

Last edited by JohnDoe8865; 10-06-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
IMO, fix the injured reserve, fix the draft logic for the CPU (thereby helping to fix free agency...shouldn't see Manning or Brady in FA at the height of their careers), fix penalties (so EVERY NFL penalty applies and is called at least at some point), fix robo QB, fix CPU playcalling logic & fix playbooks so every team doesn't "feel" the same, fix challenges (so we can choose what is challenged) and have the CPU and the refs challenge plays and the challenges are correctly ruled, fix OL/DL interaction as well as reciever/DB interaction.....that would be a HUGE start!!

I know, you weren't asking me, but hoping you hear me anyway
That's it? I thought you'd be harder to please than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »